JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have noticed that guns seem to be a bit overpriced here as well. I know we all have to leave some wiggle room for hagglers, but it has to be within reason. I do have to agree that the gun shops are no better though. Some have good prices, others will rake you over the coals. I just purchased a Saiga .308 from Carolina Shooters Supply because it was $200 less than any shop price I could find locally and that included the shipping.

I think that some folks are forgeting that firearms are a tool. Not some mythical beast worthy of large amounts of cash. Maybe I'm different from most people but I put no more value on them as I would a drill,hammer or table saw. Sure, you can't kill a deer with a framing square (perhaps you could if you threw it hard enough) but you can't build a house with a 10/22 either. My point is the firearms industry is much like the jewery business. The mark up on on cost from manufature to the consumer sits anywhere 400% to 1000%.

I figure it costs a company between $25.00 to $50.00 in parts and labor for a WASR or a DRACO. So why should the consumer be charged $450.00 to$500.00?

After all,we are talking about tools not a commodity.

JMHO

That is pretty funny. We are lucky to make 5-10% on a firearm sale.
For the mfg, remember to figure in duties, freight, taxes, insurance, wages, utilities and that awful profit. :)

That is pretty funny. We are lucky to make 5-10% on a firearm sale.
For the mfg, remember to figure in duties, freight, taxes, insurance, wages, utilities and that awful profit. :)

I wasn't trying to lay a dig on everyone and I know that many seller (like yourself) are fair in their pricing. The retailers are slaved (in a sence) to what the manufactures and importers decide what they want to sell their products at. I have no problem paying paying the retailer/seller his cut. That little %10 to %15 is worth the price to keep my vendor in business.

What gets me is this same person bubbleguming about over price guns sent me this email saying he did not want my gun as it was over priced .. yes it is over priced for just the gun . But i am also selling the scope ,pelican case,bi pod. and ammo. with all the is is worth what i am selling it for ..point is if you think it is overprice just pass it buy dont attack the guy selling it .. and dont tell me what it is worth before seeing it .. This same guy is allway crying about over price guns .he thinks he is some hero in telling you your gun is over priced.... if anyone wants to know who it is just ask

I will tell everyone exactly who you are talking about. It was ME.

If you would kindly go back and look at everything I typed about your gun (and I would guess most of the others I "cry about over priced guns"), you might realize that I never once said your gun was over priced. What I said was don't expect to sell a $xxx gun for twice that without giving details about what makes it worth twice. Saying it comes with a Cabelas scope, bipod and hard case doesn't explain it. That could mean you spent $100 or $800 on the extras. That is a pretty big range. I would guess that most educated gun buyers are going to want a little more detail and I am not sure why asking for those details is "attacking" you. I still have no idea what you gun and all it's extra's were worth but I am glad to hear you sold it. Also glad that you made time in your day to email me to let me know it was sold and call me names. :)

...okay, before this gets all personal and ugly and posters start leaving messages in code (i.e., "IBTL") please please just take a few deep breaths and get over it. Rounds are already downrange and no sense in verbal replay.

Pissed at a user? Click on their screen name, then look at the menu on the left, and click "Add to Ignore List." Smile and go on with your day. As far as I can tell, NOTHING here is worth getting one's panties in a knot over.

I agree with the OP about this overpricing issue. If we all did our best to be a little less greedy then maybe our president would be a little more than just a notary for wall street banks :/

I know the name of the game is to make money, but trying to sell some 250 dollar kel tec gun for 275 with excuses like, "add on 10 bucks that they would charge for NICS" and "well your saving money not going through a FFL". None of that matters! If the gun sells for 250 and its used don't ask for more! Just because you paid 300 and put 400 rounds down the tube doesn't exactly add value...

I wasn't trying to lay a dig on everyone and I know that many seller (like yourself) are fair in their pricing. The retailers are slaved (in a sence) to what the manufactures and importers decide what they want to sell their products at. I have no problem paying paying the retailer/seller his cut. That little %10 to %15 is worth the price to keep my vendor in business.

It's all good. I understand what you are saying. We were dealing with those same issues when we were a Nike dealer all the way back in the 80's. The killing was on the mfg's part and the consumer was getting soaked.

I will tell everyone exactly who you are talking about. It was ME.

If you would kindly go back and look at everything I typed about your gun (and I would guess most of the others I "cry about over priced guns"), you might realize that I never once said your gun was over priced. What I said was don't expect to sell a $xxx gun for twice that without giving details about what makes it worth twice. Saying it comes with a Cabelas scope, bipod and hard case doesn't explain it. That could mean you spent $100 or $800 on the extras. That is a pretty big range. I would guess that most educated gun buyers are going to want a little more detail and I am not sure why asking for those details is "attacking" you. I still have no idea what you gun and all it's extra's were worth but I am glad to hear you sold it. Also glad that you made time in your day to email me to let me know it was sold and call me names. :)

Come on girls,lets play nice.Remember this is just the interwebben and arguing or fighting on here is just,well stupid.I mean how can you really get you feelings hurt by a computer screen?

I don't see the extras as adding much to the price,unless the scope is a very nice,high end scope (cabella's,burris,weaver don't ad much for me) the case is exactly what I would spend my money on,and any other extras are worth what I think they are worth.
So a pelican case isn't an ad,since I wouldn't spend the money on it.25 mags aren't an ad,since I wouldn't go out and by that many.Maybe 5-7 but not more than 10.
Extras are just that.Like putting ads on a vehicle that nobody else wants on it

But unless I just saw the gun sell for way less and I kinda want it,I could care less if you want to sell your gun for 20% more than the real value.
Dealers know what they can actually sell the gun for.They need to try to make a little more if they can,but they pretty much know what they will sell for.Some times they get into them for more than they should and need to try to recover that.Doesn't always work.
One guy up here says "this ain't a charity" and the other says $35 aint a proffit.If I don't make $50 on a gun I don't feel good. I don't care what you are making on the gun.I don't care if you just bought it for $20, or $50 more than you should have.The gun only has so much value to me.If yours is in that range,good luck.If it is and you are making a $200 profit,good for you

I am just so amazed at how worked some people are getting over this topic! It just comes down to the most simple answer! If you don't like the price, then just MOVE ON! Don't buy it! Making an uninformed purchase is the fault of the buyer! With all the info online if someone over pays, it's because they are lazy and just don't want to do their homework! I look up every gun I buy. I get an average price range, and read reviews...... All common sense! So bottom line, if you don't like the price then offer what you will pay. If they say no, don't pick them apart. Just move the f$@k on. Done!

There is currently a Draco listed for $550, and another painted one for $450. Last I checked (5 minutes ago) they were still available for $350 from classic arms (maybe cheaper elsewhere). Another $50 and you get 3 additional magazines and a case. Buyer beware I guess.

But if you can't wait a few days to get it?
Or don't want to deal w/ the FFL? (that part scares me a bit)

I have a C&R and have sold a few on here and currently have a nice SKS listed. I have had more than once to have a person contact me and when they find out I need valid info to record in my "Bound Book" they lose intrest like "right now".

Guess this is an indicator of something...(<:}-

I require anyone I sell a firearm to, to fill out a form that I print out. It has all the bases covered! (DL#, address, phone, ect.) I can send the file to anyone that wants it. If someone doest like it they can f@&k off! But I prefer to buy my guns private party too. I don't think that anyone should know how many guns I have. Especially our government.

I require anyone I sell a firearm to, to fill out a form that I print out. It has all the bases covered! (DL#, address, phone, ect.) I can send the file to anyone that wants it. If someone doest like it they can f@&k off! But I prefer to buy my guns private party too. I don't think that anyone should know how many guns I have. Especially our government.

OK you have me confused here.You don't think any one else needs to know how many rifles you have and you like to buy PP but YOU want records of the sales?
So you are keeping records of what others buy,just from you,yes,but still.

Cash and carry

OK you have me confused here.You don't think any one else needs to know how many rifles you have and you like to buy PP but YOU want records of the sales?
So you are keeping records of what others buy,just from you,yes,but still.

Cash and carry

I can answer that only for me. About 1/2 the guns I own were bought from FFL's and the rest private party. I require basic paperwork and ID on private party deals to CYA whether buying (stolen?) or selling (later used in a crime?)

However, none of that paperwork goes to the government under ordinary circumstances, so the feds have no idea how many guns I own, and no idea how to find out.

It is kinda funny though. Cabellas has the highest prices I have seen for guns yet there are people here that want the same price for their used guns as Cabellas has on a new gun. Don't know if it's greed or just people being goofey but like the guy said, don't like the price then don't buy it.

jj

Bill of sale is fine by me. I am not going to go use a gun in an unlawful way and if a Bill of Sale makes the seller feel more at ease that is fine.

Background checks on the other hand, suck. They last one I had cost me an hour waiting in a parking lot while the seller called in the info, waited on hold, etc. All that for or a .22 that I had when I was 15. For that amount of hassle I would have rather gone to a gun shop and enjoyed the environment where they did a 10-minute online check.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top