JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a somewhat related note... NIB/ANIB/Unfired mean absolutely jack diddly in the worth of a modern firearm... You bought it, you left the dealer with it.... It's used plain and simple, while it won't drop in value much it is not worth what you paid for it plain and simple. There are exceptions to the rule, any modern revolver, specifically Colts and older Smiths that are NIB, never fired can and should hold a premium as they simply are not made any more. But are they worth 4x what they sold for originally IMO no, but thats me.

I don't care if you bought that Rock River plain jane AR at the height of the Obama mania for $1200, it's a $650 AR new, Used its worth maybe $550. Now top end AR's Les Baer, Wilson Combat, etc will carry more of a price simply because they are a better put together weapon. Varmint/Target models with bull barrels, etc will resell for more that a M4gery.

And, whatever you do, don't kindly point out to a seller here with a used gun advertised for $400, that it can be bought in a store for $319, unless you want to be minus one buttcheek.

On a somewhat related note... NIB/ANIB/Unfired mean absolutely jack diddly in the worth of a modern firearm... You bought it, you left the dealer with it.... It's used plain and simple, while it won't drop in value much it is not worth what you paid for it plain and simple. There are exceptions to the rule, any modern revolver, specifically Colts and older Smiths that are NIB, never fired can and should hold a premium as they simply are not made any more. But are they worth 4x what they sold for originally IMO no, but thats me.

That may apply to some fire arms. Price any pre lock S&W that's NIB, then price a P&R'ed S&W that's NIB. Early Colt AR's that are NIB are golden.

I know what you are saying and I agree but there are many exceptions. Consider the fact that there are many people well pay a premium for a "no paper work" fire arm.

I check the "for sale" section here two or three times a day. I may see a good deal a few times a month. People looking for noobs and just trolling in general.

And, whatever you do, don't kindly point out to a seller here with a used gun advertised for $400, that it can be bought in a store for $319, unless you want to be minus one buttcheek.

Is that why it hurts when I sit down?

What makes me cringe is when i see a gun i was eyeing sell and then a month later the buyer decides to sell it for more than what they paid for the firearm. That being said, when i posted an add in the WTB section for a specific model i ended up buying it for $100 less than i could find it anywhere else and that was the sellers asking price!

I think what it comes down to is know what you are buying and buy what you know. I have done a lot of research prior to purchasing anything firearm related. Though i am not an expert with a little bit of reading i knew what a fair price and what was considered good condition for the model i was looking for. That being said if i ever see a price that i think is high i always check elsewhere. Why wouldn't i want to buy NIB for the same price as an stock used gun? But to each there own.

I did that yesterday as well. told the seller that he didn't have a "soul" for telling everyone that Saiga 12's are now BANNED and we needed to jump on his bargin price of $1150.00 each (unconverted). I know the issue is in limbo but from what I understand is that they are not yet banned. Not to mention that saiga 12's are on sale at classic arms for around $750.00 ($999.00 converted). I hate people who take advantage of fear and panic to make a buck......just makes me sick!

I don't get it. I would expect to get the most I could from something I am selling. I would expect to pay the least for something I am buying. Thats not a contradiction either. I've had people insult me for expecting too much or offering too little, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

If complaining about something actually produced results, my wife could move mountains.

Last Edited:
I don't get it. I would expect to get the most I could from something I am selling. I would expect to pay the least for something I am buying. Thats not a contradiction either. I've had people insult me for expecting too much or offering too little, that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

If complaining about something actually produced results, my wife could move mountains.

This entire reply is a contradiction onto itself......

:huh:

I just looked at a guy's ad for a used Bersa Thunder .380 CC a few days ago, offered for $300. Last I checked Keith's they were in stock, for $289 NIB. I thought about sending him a PM, just a friendly FYI, but the last time I did something of the sort it went rather badly.

Ah yes, others of us have tried that too!:huh::huh:

How about the guy who was asking more for a used gun that you would pay new, and he said it was "better than new" because he had paid for the ammunition to "break it in". :s0114:

Here is my reasoning on why i may post a gun a wee bit more then one may think its worth....

Say I have a Glock and i want to sell it for 475.... i post 500-525... and usually (not all the time) i get my WANT price or a little over (475), cause everyone is always going to toss you an offer, If you post it for 475 someone will try to get you down to 400 and that annoys the crap outta me...

I posted a Sig P238 on here i bought new and put about 200 rounds through it... right now you can get a new one for what 550? I posted it on here for 580 and sold it in literally an hour, for my asking price....

I never try to get an insane about of money for the guns I sell, but i don't see an issue asking 50-60 more then your REALLY willing to take..

but thats just my opinion

I did that yesterday as well. told the seller that he didn't have a "soul" for telling everyone that Saiga 12's are now BANNED and we needed to jump on his bargin price of $1150.00 each (unconverted). I know the issue is in limbo but from what I understand is that they are not yet banned. Not to mention that saiga 12's are on sale at classic arms for around $750.00 ($999.00 converted). I hate people who take advantage of fear and panic to make a buck......just makes me sick!

This is great. Why even buy one? An 870 does the job of this gun for around a third of the cost.
How many times will you need a magazined shotgun? I mean come on.The Saigas segas? are over priced because you guys made them over priced.
You think the shotgun with a mag is the coupe de grah or what the bubblegum ever the french say
When you can get a shot gun with a 8 round capacity and the slides that reload it for at least half the cost.
Bad example for this thread.

How about the guy who was asking more for a used gun that you would pay new, and he said it was "better than new" because he had paid for the ammunition to "break it in". :s0114:

Yep, that is just plain awesome reasoning. I got that one once too. :D

What my response should have been was (I am just not that quick)......

"I know exactly what you mean. I have a 03 Dodge Pick-up that I have been trying to sell for $50k but not having much luck yet. Seems like quite a deal to me. I have already payed for all that fuel to break it in. Much cheaper in the long run than a brand new one."

Yep, that is just plain awesome reasoning. I got that one once too. :D

What my response should have been was (I am just not that quick)......

"I know exactly what you mean. I have a 03 Dodge Pick-up that I have been trying to sell for $50k but not having much luck yet. Seems like quite a deal to me. I have already payed for all that fuel to break it in. Much cheaper in the long run than a brand new one."

I can imagine applying that logic to an ex-wife, for that matter.

When I browse the ads, just kicking tires, I feel really discouraged by how expensive everything seems to be. Especially if you can remeber seeing kits at gunshows for less than $200, and now the rifles seem to be worth 3x that...

I have gone to gun shows and been treated badly or ignored by curmudgeons and socially inept vendors, who seem to think their beater mil-surp rifle is an heirloom. But I have also gotten some really good deals, too.

Gunbroker allows sellers to relist ads perpetually at no cost, and there are many that list their $200 rifle at $600 hoping lightning will strike. Like others have said, browsing the closed ads will give you an idea of the real value of things that have sold. That's also where you cansee an item that has been listed dozens of times.

The few times I have been really serious, I just asked for what I wanted in the items wanted section and essentially named my price. I bought two very nice handguns from a couple very friendly sellers here.

Guns are no different than Cars when it comes to prices. When selling you always think it's worth more and when buying every price is too high.

I've found that some people forget he "Apples to Apples" comparison though. One might look at an AR-15 and think its price is ridiculous because they saw something that looks just like it for far less. Did they consider the custom trigger? What about the specially treated bolt/carrier assy?

Same for "bolt guns". Some start out at $500-$700 but don't have any sights/optics. Likewise for stock, action bedding, accurizing, trigger, or that $1600 scope.

Then again, there are always those that will drive the price up because they don't know any better. Go to any auction and you'll see more than a few of these.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top