JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bill of sale is fine by me. I am not going to go use a gun in an unlawful way and if a Bill of Sale makes the seller feel more at ease that is fine.

Background checks on the other hand, suck. They last one I had cost me an hour waiting in a parking lot while the seller called in the info, waited on hold, etc. All that for or a .22 that I had when I was 15. For that amount of hassle I would have rather gone to a gun shop and enjoyed the environment where they did a 10-minute online check.

Had that happen to a friend of mine , All they did was steal his pvt info .. go to a gun shop and do the sale there

I agree that most guns on here are overpriced, and I laugh at all the beat up older glocks on here for $500-600. However, I have run into an interesting situation lately. I have sold a couple of pistols that were very common models (not really collectable) but in very good condition. After spending hours searching internet sales, I priced them way above "blue book" but in line with the online sold prices, and they sold for full price without bartering. However, I should also mention that they didn't sell here; I got a lot of questions on this site, but the real buyers came from the other site I posted them on.

My guns I try to keep reasonable priced but ........After 30 or so offers to buy my sig for $600 might as well price it high. If people on this forum were not such trolls with each other we might see better prices.

We are now in a period when there is no shortage of guns or ammo or reloading components. We are also in a period when a lot of people are worried about the economy, even if their household or business income hasn't decreased "yet." We have had a period of ferocious gun buying, and a lot of us have all of the guns we want for a lifetime. In fact I've been selling guns to consolidate calibers so I can consolidate ammo. Why have 20 calibers to stock up ammo for, when 308/762, 5.56/223, 9mm, .40 SW, a variety of 12 ga. and .22lr will do? (Or your personal favorites.)

So yes, I'm still buying .22lr rifles, just bought a couple more AR's, but I think I'm finished except for .22's for barter. I've sold a lot more than I've bought in the past year including ammo for guns I no longer own. If the SHTF I can shoot only so many guns at once anyway, LOL.

Bottom line: I think some people are trying to get what they paid a couple of years ago when you couldn't find (for instance) an AR anywhere.

$.02

Let the free market forces work the way they should. Make informed decisions. Communicate with civility. Good deals require patience. I've made the best deals when I am not "looking" to buy or sell. And once you buy/sell, don't look back; do not let buyers/sellers remorse mess up the day for you. Been there; done that. Not worth it. It's only money and guns. If you are thinking of using milk money on guns or ammo, you have no business spending it. Get your priorities straight. ;)

Make informed decisions. Communicate with civility. Good deals require patience.
AND always know what you are going to pay for something (provided it is the fair market value) and be prepared to walk if your buying price is not accepted. When selling always have a bottom line price you will take and do not split hairs if it comes to that price. I think too many sellers are not clear with themselves about this and waste time and effort trying to get the most they can and end up missing a sale over a few dollars.

I do think the "no paper work" has something to do with it. Lots of people don't want that paper trail. Problem is, if the government already knows that I own 10 guns, what does it matter unless I plan on caching the gun in some PVC tubing on the back 40 acres. . .

On the flip side, if you buy a used gun and then discover that someone decided to do some kitchen gunsmithing on it and BLEEPED it up, you have little recourse.

My guns I try to keep reasonable priced but ........After 30 or so offers to buy my sig for $600 might as well price it high. If people on this forum were not such trolls with each other we might see better prices.

You are so true about the trolls.I have run into so many wanna gun experts on here. One such troll emailed me and asked a list of things and then cussed me for selling my firearm to high.. I will price high so i can have some barter room .But if you dont like the price dont buy it also dont waste anyone time with off the wall comments..gage

On the flip side, if you buy a used gun and then discover that someone decided to do some kitchen gunsmithing on it and BLEEPED it up, you have little recourse.
You should never buy a used gun unless you can perform a detailed inspection including a field strip and test fire if practical.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top