JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My stance if asked is to just say yes, I have been. Not one person has asked for my vax passport. Not their business

Imo got to respect a person's house rules (or rules for when you are a guest on their land) just like you would want them to respect yours. No harm done, covid will be behind us before too long I hope. It's a safety issue and everyone has different opinions (and fears) and tolerance for risk.

Last Edited:

Key facts after reading through the CDC information:

Vaxxed and unvaxxed are both potential carriers.

Vaccine will lessen the symptoms of the disease.
What nobody is telling us:
The Vax is only good for 6 to 8 weeks MAX for full efficacy, after that time period, you loose your level of "protection" exponentially, hence we are now seeing a 3rd shot being needed, which leads us to believe that a shot will be needed every 3 months from now on!

One has to wonder, just how many shots can one take before the body cannot handle it any more, or worse, has a major reaction to the different "Blends" being introduced to counter the virous!

What they are also not telling is:
I have had the Rona, I have the antibodies, which makes it much less likely for me to ever catch the Rona again, as I am better protected naturally,, AND, I didn't need a shot, and will not need a shot! If they would simply let this run it's natural course, folks would end up building up a natural defense to the Rona and it would fade away!

What nobody is telling us:
The Vax is only good for 6 to 8 weeks MAX for full efficacy, after that time period, you loose your level of "protection" exponentially, hence we are now seeing a 3rd shot being needed, which leads us to believe that a shot will be needed every 3 months from now on!

One has to wonder, just how many shots can one take before the body cannot handle it any more, or worse, has a major reaction to the different "Blends" being introduced to counter the virous!

What they are also not telling is:
I have had the Rona, I have the antibodies, which makes it much less likely for me to ever catch the Rona again, as I am better protected naturally,, AND, I didn't need a shot, and will not need a shot! If they would simply let this run it's natural course, folks would end up building up a natural defense to the Rona and it would fade away!
I remember Trump saying that this would be war. A war. That resolve would be necessary and that people would die.
How did/does the left and media fight this war? Lock down and complain and die anyway.
That's no way to fight a war.

I'm glad they conveyed to you in a way that's cordial/respectful their rules, and I'm really glad you see the value of the relationship and are respecting their requests. It may be awkward for a while, but being friendly and kind is the best way to continue to honor the commitment to the neigbhorly relationship. As far as pep talk goes, I think recognizing how you personally feel - and not conflating any individual feeling with all the others - is a smart way to move forward and keep things friendly.

This post got me thinking about the last 20 months and how we have dealt with social situations at our own home.

We have had contractors in and out. Kids in and out. Family in and out. You get the idea.

The only thing we have told all of these folks is: If you are sick, feeling sick, getting sick, exposed to somebody that has been severely ill in the last 48 hours. Stay home, please.

For us, that is the logical, common sense, and easy thing to do. Folks have been honest. One contractor had to swap out an employee of his for our job due to the 48 hour thing. His employee got sick, really sick. So we dodged that bullet.
Everyone has been gracious and appreciated the upfront and honest approach. It even sparked some respectful conversation about the whole 💩show.

We all have our feelings about this covid. For me, at 72 with an underlying respiratory condition it will kill me if I get it. So of course I am extra restrictive about my activities and contacts. I just got the 3rd shot. I wear an N95 mask if I go out. I stopped having company over to the house and I don't go to my friends houses for now.
Yep, it sucks big time, but I can't take the chance of contracting it. YMMV

The Vax is only good for 6 to 8 weeks MAX for full efficacy, after that time period, you loose your level of "protection" exponentially,

I have had the Rona, I have the antibodies, which makes it much less likely for me to ever catch the Rona again, as I am better protected naturally,, AND, I didn't need a shot, and will not need a shot!
So you are saying that antibodies produced in response to vaccination decrease exponentially over time, but antibodies produced by natural exposure to the virus do not? Please explain how that works.

Imo got to respect a person's house rules (or rules for when you are a guest on their land) just like you would want them to respect yours. No harm done, covid will be behind us before too long I hope. It's a safety issue and everyone has different opinions (and fears) and tolerance for risk.
I don't think it will be over until the politicians decide so. You know how they are with power. Quick on the uptake, slow to put it back down.

We all have our feelings about this covid. For me, at 72 with an underlying respiratory condition it will kill me if I get it. So of course I am extra restrictive about my activities and contacts. I just got the 3rd shot. I wear an N95 mask if I go out. I stopped having company over to the house and I don't go to my friends houses for now.
Yep, it sucks big time, but I can't take the chance of contracting it. YMMV
I hope you stay healthy but, with all due respect, you're not living now if that's how you're living.

So you are saying that antibodies produced in response to vaccination decrease exponentially over time, but antibodies produced by natural exposure to the virus do not? Please explain how that works.
I didn't say the natural antibodies disappear exponentially, only that which the body was exposed to via a Vax!
Being that a Vax is such a narrowly targeted exposure to a very specific strain, once it has lost it's effectiveness, the body will not respond effectively to anything outside that narrow target strain, we see it all the time with all the variants of the flu, Same here, only different as the Covid vax isn't actually a Vax at all, it's something even worse! I'm not going to post the links, it's too big and too big a head ache to make a point!

I didn't say the natural antibodies disappear exponentially, only that which the body was exposed to via a Vax!
I didn't say you did. I was asking why natural antibodies would not also decrease exponentially. An antibody is an antibody.
Being that a Vax is such a narrowly targeted exposure to a very specific strain, once it has lost it's effectiveness, the body will not respond effectively to anything outside that narrow target strain, we see it all the time with all the variants of the flu,
The same is true of natural antibodies. They are strain specific as well. It takes repeated exposure and repeated illness to develop antibodies to different strains. That's why people do not develop lifetime immunity to the flu or the common cold.

Same here, only different as the Covid vax isn't actually a Vax at all, it's something even worse! I'm not going to post the links, it's too big and too big a head ache to make a point!
It depends on which vaccine you are talking about. The J&J vaccine is a conventional vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are not. But the result of each is to produce an antibody response, although the mechanisms are different.

I didn't say you did. I was asking why natural antibodies would not also decrease exponentially. An antibody is an antibody.

The same is true of natural antibodies. They are strain specific as well. It takes repeated exposure and repeated illness to develop antibodies to different strains. That's why people do not develop lifetime immunity to the flu or the common cold.

It depends on which vaccine you are talking about. The J&J vaccine is a conventional vaccine. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are not. But the result of each is to produce an antibody response, although the mechanisms are different.
You guys can argue technicalities as you wish, but at the end of the day I trust my body's natural resistance over anything even suggested by that lying, conniving, crooked CDC. And that Faucci character should be in prison.

You guys can argue technicalities as you wish, but at the end of the day I trust my body's natural resistance over anything even suggested by that lying, conniving, crooked CDC. And that Faucci character should be in prison.
I think this is the main part of the problem; the poor response, dishonesty, and political posturing on the part of the powers-that-be, in regards to this whole thing.

The majority of what we believe as human beings is based on the voices we listen to and the sources we trust, rather than personal experience. Even when we think we are doing open minded research on as issue, what sources we trust will heavily impact our conclusions.

I DON'T trust Biden or any of his cohorts or fearmongers. I don't trust the CDC. I don't trust the powers-that-be to necessarily make the right decisions for me and my family.

BUT I also don't trust kooks like Alex Jones or all the doomsayers and tinfoil hat guys. I've had plenty of experience in that world, going back several decades, and to be honest I'm tired of it. I just don't buy into it anymore, for a number of reasons.

However, just because I don't trust them doesn't mean they can't be right once in a while, on either side. So I have to do the best I can to come to my own conclusions based on what I see and hear from those I do trust, and hopefully make the best choices for my family. Based on that, we are all vaccinated. Was that the right choice? I believe it was, but time will tell.

I'm glad the OP's neighbor was nice about it. Personally I'm not worried about being around unvaccinated people, because I know firsthand that even vaccinated people can get it and carry it. If you're worried about the unvaccinated, you should really worry about everyone. Again, to each their own.

I think this is the main part of the problem; the poor response, dishonesty, and political posturing on the part of the powers-that-be, in regards to this whole thing.

The majority of what we believe as human beings is based on the voices we listen to and the sources we trust, rather than personal experience. Even when we think we are doing open minded research on as issue, what sources we trust will heavily impact our conclusions.

I DON'T trust Biden or any of his cohorts or fearmongers. I don't trust the CDC. I don't trust the powers-that-be to necessarily make the right decisions for me and my family.

BUT I also don't trust kooks like Alex Jones or all the doomsayers and tinfoil hat guys. I've had plenty of experience in that world, going back several decades, and to be honest I'm tired of it. I just don't buy into it anymore, for a number of reasons.

However, just because I don't trust them doesn't mean they can't be right once in a while, on either side. So I have to do the best I can to come to my own conclusions based on what I see and hear from those I do trust, and hopefully make the best choices for my family. Based on that, we are all vaccinated. Was that the right choice? I believe it was, but time will tell.

I'm glad the OP's neighbor was nice about it. Personally I'm not worried about being around unvaccinated people, because I know firsthand that even vaccinated people can get it and carry it. If you're worried about the unvaccinated, you should really worry about everyone. Again, to each their own.
Agree the political parties r ready to latch on ANY issue they think will get an emotional response and think they can get traction on. Everything gets turned into political these days and they try to force you to choose one side or the other side on everything they can. It seems to me they spend all their time separating what needs joining. 2 cents

I don't watch Alex but as near as I can tell he's right more often than Faucci. :rolleyes:

Taking into account how they are forcing this thing on people who already have natural immunity, threatening the careers of doctors who prescribe popular, very safe treatments and silencing those who question them, I think I'll make my own self-informed choice. I hope you come out of this thing OK, and I really hope I do too.

Nurses being "Terminated" in mass across the country over mandatory Vax requirements! A quick and dirty search shows this has been happening since the beginning of the vax being available to first responders and hospital staff! Something is VERY VERY WRONG here when our medical professionals all across the country are saying NO to the Vax, and risking their livelihoods to stand up for their rights!

You guys can argue technicalities as you wish
I'm not trying to argue. I'm just asking for an explanation of why he thinks an antibody produced as a result of vaccination would have a shorter half-life than an antibody produced as a result of natural exposure. Why does everything have to be an argument in this forum? Is it to much to ask someone to explain their statements?

at the end of the day I trust my body's natural resistance over anything even suggested by that lying, conniving, crooked CDC. And that Faucci character should be in prison.
It's your body's natural resistance (immune system) that produces the response in both cases. You're not being given artificial antibodies. Only the mode of exposure to the virus, or a piece of the virus, is different.

Trust who or what you like. It's not my business and I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. But when someone makes an unsupported statement of "fact", I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an explanation.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top