JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just finished the five part documentary on John Ackroyd who was convicted in 1993 of the 1978 kidnapping and murder of Kaye Turner outside of Camp Sherman, OR.

I remember this well which was part of my interest.

While I remember that, as well as another disappearance he was connected to I was unaware of the potential of at least six other murders, and potentially many others that remain missing he may have committed as the ones that were found were all along Hwy 20 from the coast to Sisters, OR, and during a similar timeframe.

It was literally one of the most bizarre, twisted stories I have ever seen and could have been the basis for a psychological horror movie.

It is called 'The ghosts of Hwy 20' and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in something like this.

Is this the story of the Dept. of Trans. worker who worked up on the Santiam Pass? If it is, I agree that was an interesting show. Very well done for a local production.

Here's a no B.S. story for you along the same lines. In 1969 I was a freshman at OSU. One day I rode along with 3 other guys who wanted to go down to Eugene for the day. We took 99, and when we got down to Monroe and went across the bridge over the Long Tom River, one of the guys said something like, "I heard on the news they found some girl's body at the bottom of the Long Tom tied to an engine block." Incident noted and forgotten.

Fast forward about 35 years. I was working for a state agency in Salem. I don't remember exactly how this came up in conversation, but a coworker said something about living next door to a serial killer named Jerome Brudos. He talked about how Brudos had a full auto shop set up in his garage, and would let him work on his cars there. He related a story about changing out an engine on an old car he had bought. He said, "Jerry used my engine block to dispose of one of his victims." I presume he found out after the fact.

Weird or what?

Man there are some messed up people out there.
I've read many stories about Gary Ridgeway the Green River killer. Man he was one disgusting human.

I'll have to check out the doc.

we just finished the one on Netflix about Richard Ramirez. The Night Stalker. Reading about his childhood, it's no wonder he ended up that way

Here's one for you:
My mom mentioned having a serial killer as a cousin, but would never tell me who, until, some years back he was featured on a true crime tv show (I forget which one), and then she let us know who he was:

She still doesn't really like to talk about it, and I don't blame her.

The Oregonian published a 5 or 6 part story on "The Ghosts of Hwy 20" a couple of years ago. Looks like this link has the printed story and the video also. To read part 1, Click on the name of the victim - first one is "Marlene", etc.

Here's another link to the same story/documentary:

This looks like the whole documentary in one video:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top