JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Frankly, who wants an AK anyway? A few years back there were people shooting at American Soldiers with those things. An average Winchester Model -94 is a MUCH better Firearm, so why not but American? Who needs all the garbage some idiot thinks YOU need for that kind of JUNK anyway? Not ME!!!
Meanwhile they also used M16s and other rifles they got their hands on. Even the vietcong captured some M16s and used them. By that logic we shouldn't have ARs.

Cause a thread is useless without pics, here's a few photos of Polish military with AKs in 5.56. Bulgaria, another member of NATO, also uses 5.56 AKs.

1EF7A12D-C774-4779-9009-25922CD195C4.jpeg 31C53E1C-CF31-4382-8980-8108FB189F07.png B93BEBF2-E037-422F-92F9-B9706FAF3F7C.jpeg

Frankly, who wants an AK anyway? A few years back there were people shooting at American Soldiers with those things. An average Winchester Model -94 is a MUCH better Firearm, so why not but American? Who needs all the garbage some idiot thinks YOU need for that kind of JUNK anyway? Not ME!!!
But let me guess....you probably argue that it's the shooter and not the gun when the anti gunners try to get everything banned? :rolleyes:Who cares where something was made or how it got used? When a weapon has become iconic as the AK it transcends its origin. Look how many other countries have adopted it as a fighting rifle throughout history.

Keep in mind the U.S also armed people with AKs, so they were just being used by others against others, rather than a specific force using them against the U.S. Even now the U.S still arms people with AKs. IICR recently they bought Russian arms to give to Afghanistan.

Yet we sanction them from our civilian market. Gotta love that hypocrisy.

Keep in mind the U.S also armed people with AKs, so they were just being used by others against others, rather than a specific force using them against the U.S. Even now the U.S still arms people with AKs. IICR recently they bought Russian arms to give to Afghanistan.

Yet we sanction them from our civilian market. Gotta love that hypocrisy.
I have seen what the 762x39 round does to an arm and other parts. Kind of funny how everyone from this country that has fought in a foreign country over the past two decades has always grabbed the AKM to shoot at the enemy! I am not against you I am just piggybacking what you are saying and thinking!

Meanwhile they also used M16s and other rifles they got their hands on. Even the vietcong captured some M16s and used them. By that logic we shouldn't have ARs.
You've got that Right, at least, as far as the guy who had to go out into the Field and Inspect 40,000 of the Dang Things!!! IMHO they suck.

I don't see point of your post comparing 2 different types of rifles. And calling AK junk and people who owns them Idiots. Shows a lot about your knowledge of the topic. Peace out Keyboard Warrior.

You've got that Right, at least, as far as the guy who had to go out into the Field and Inspect 40,000 of the Dang Things!!! IMHO they suck.
And IMHO anyone who says AKs suck has no knowledge on AKs.

There's a reason its not going away like the AR. If it was bad it would have been done away with years ago.

I can understand the dislike of the AK47 series of rifles from a certain viewpoint...

To be honest it took me a while to get used to seeing AK47 rifle copies in the hands of "friendlies" , so to speak . when having just gotten out of the Army.
Heck we even shot at targets , that looked like a Warsaw Pact Soldier holding a AK47 and even having a red star on his helmet.
For many folks , no matter who the current users are...an AK47 is the rifle of the bad guys....

Between that and being shot at by them or having soldiers under my command being killed by users of the same...can make it so that I am not too interested in owning one.

With all that said...
They are good rifle , robust in design , accurate and shooting a excellent cartridge for what it was designed for.
Ammo is commonly available and many aftermarket parts are around for the rifles....
Lots to like here.
For those that like 'em , enjoy them , own them and shoot them....have at it...they sure do work and work well...
Just not for me.
Andy
Edit to add :
I am not against the ownership or using of these rifles...everyone has different likes in firearms.
Own and use whatever you want...just use it safely , is all I ask of anybody.

And to be clear...the AK rifle in the hands of someone , does not , where I live and shoot now...mean that they are indeed a bad guy...but at one time in my life , it did...and that did shape my thinking for quite a long while.
Many folks can say the same...

Which was the point of my post...not that the AK47 copies of rifles are bad , junk , not for good guys , or any other such things.

Last Edited:
I can understand the dislike of the AK47 series of rifles from a certain viewpoint...

To be honest it took me a while to get used to seeing AK47 rifle copies in the hands of "friendlies" , so to speak . when having just gotten out of the Army.
Heck we even shot at targets , that looked like a Warsaw Pact Soldier holding a AK47 and even having a red star on his helmet.
For many folks , no matter who the current users are...an AK47 is the rifle of the bad guys....

Between that and being shot at by them or having soldiers under my command being killed by users of the same...can make it so that I am not too interested in owning one.

With all that said...
They are good rifle , robust in design , accurate and shooting a excellent cartridge for what it was designed for.
Ammo is commonly available and many aftermarket parts are around for the rifles....
Lots to like here.
For those that like 'em , enjoy them , own them and shoot them....have at it...they sure do work and work well...
Just not for me.
Andy
I'm covered on the common ammo. 7.62x39 and 5.56 for this guy. And a 5.45 soon but my 5.56 one is my favorite so far.

8C6A716F-47AD-4487-80CF-258E2C9624BF.jpeg

The Polish are phasing out the beryl eventually but the bulgarians are sticking with their milled 5.56 AKs. IMHO a 5.56 AK is the best of both worlds.

Again when you are trained to see the shape of AK47 as the enemies rifle...
When your are shot at by them...
When your friends are killed by users of the same ...

It can shape your thinking of that rifle....no matter who currently uses it.
Note that I am not saying that law enforcement are bad guys...

It can sound ironic. But for some people on other side of the ocean, M16/M4 rifles are bad guys rifles.
Yes...having served overseas in four combat depyloments I am well aware of that.

Also please note that I am not against folks using or owning AK47 rifle copies....

I am however trying to get folks to understand , why some of us , dislike the rifle or that the rifle can bring back unpleasant memories....SIGH
Andy

I always just view a rifle as a gun. Then again, living in bad neighborhoods I'd probably end up painting certain handguns as gangster only guns if I associated a gun with some people. Not a fun night when you wake up at night with police chasing an armed person through your apartment complex. o_O

Plenty of glocks and hi points, in that neighborhood...
Note that I am not saying that law enforcement are bad guys...
They seem to treat me like the bad guy when I'm just trying to work. :(

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews