JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IOs are junk!!!

id buy an arsenal if i were in to AKs

Well that's some sound advice. I'll take it further, from where I stand I won't own an American made AK, period.

As to owning an AK's in the first place, my mindset is I should be as good as or better than the enemy is with his own weapon, so I make a point to train with it, but given the choice I'll grab my AR any day of the week.

Well that's some sound advice. I'll take it further, from where I stand I won't own an American made AK, period.

As to owning an AK's in the first place, my mindset is I should be as good as or better than the enemy is with his own weapon, so I make a point to train with it, but given the choice I'll grab my AR any day of the week.
U.S special forces practice with various assault rifles for that purpose. And Russian special forces have also been training with M4s for that purpose.

Last Edited:
Kind of funny that the Imperial Russian government did order lever action rifles as military arms.

Always wondered where those Winchesters are hidden.
Yes, the Russian govt did order the 1895 Winchester in the 7.62X54r, CLIP-FED/loaded- because they were having a hard time getting their needs filled with enuff Mosin-Nagants. Part of the issue with lever-guns is that they are problematical to fire from the prone position and they are subject to getting dirt and mud in the action, more so than bolt rifles. MUD and dust are two ever-present realities in Euro-Russia, particularly during the rasputitsa during spring and autumn. It is interesting that they didnt want the 1894 Winchester, which is a totally different animal from the 1895 and unsuitable for military use.- which was the point of the discussion.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top