JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

Three men are being held for a Palmview home invasion where an 11-year-old boy was shot defending his mother.

Hidalgo County Sheriff’s Office deputies told Action 4 News that it happened off Minnesota Road and 8 Mile Line between Palmview and Mission around 12:30 a.m. Friday.

The homeowner said she and her 11-year-old son were in bed when she heard banging on the front main entrance door.

She got up to check and she saw two Hispanic males men masks and armed with handguns walking towards her.

She quickly closed the bedroom door but one of the men tried to force it open.

The masked man kept telling her to open the door and she would not open the door.

The woman told deputies that the home invaders shot through the door and hit her son on the left hip area.

Her son had a 22 cal. Rifle and shot back at the alleged robbers.

The woman waited, opened the door, saw that the suspects were no longer there and called 911.

Deputies found blood all over the floor and that the front door knocked down.

Paramedics took the 11-year-old to McAllen Medical Center where he’s listed in stable condition.

But deputies told Action 4 News that a man with a gunshot wound to his neck ended up at the same hospital.

Investigators said nothing was taken from the home and that the wounded suspect has to be taken to a San Antonio hospital for further treatment. He remains under guard.

Criminal charges are expected to be filed against him, if he survives.

Deputies said Border Patrol agents detained two Mexican nationals who were found in the area.

The two men are being questioned about the home invasion.

U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials told Action 4 News that they have filed detainers against the two men.

This 11 year old has BALLS OF STEEL :s0155:

When people ask me why I own firearms, I point out things like this to them....although it's unlikely...it's possible. I wear a seatbelt everyday, even though I have no intention of getting into an accident.

Yeah, you know how those Texas boys are! Lol all joking aside this kid is from the same area as me. I was born and raised in McAllen, TX. I lived there till I was 18. In case yall dont know that is 2 hours south of San Antonio and about 15 min from the border of Mexico. Its getting rough down there. Glad that kid was there or his mother probably wouldnt be alive. Too bad he didnt have a 12 ga. rather than a .22... Just goes to show you any caliber can get the job done :s0155:

I never do stuff like this but I just emailed Bill O'Rilley (as I know Oprah Windfrey wouldn't do anything for this little boy), the following email:

Bill,

I am not your biggest fan, but my mother is definitely a groupie of yours, but you need to share that status with both Hanity and Beck. Oh yea, she is a Democrat too! I watch your show on occasion over at her house and the only other time I watch it is if a T.V. in one of the lounges, while waiting for a medical appointment, at Madigan Army Medical Center (MAMC), FT. Lewis, WA hasn't been changed back to CNN. Yes Bill, there have been several MAMC civilian employees who have told soldiers that CNN was the only channel authorized in the hospital. Yeah I know it's a crock of dung but what's a soldier to do?

This email isn't about that. I just read about an 11 year old little boy who was shot by a handgun and returned fire with a .22 rifle while defending his mother and his home. <broken link removed> I don't know who this little boy is but I would like to see a National Story of his actions (Please protect his Identity as Latino gangs have a tendency of lashing out even if it didn't involve them directly). Just by reading the story I am going on three assumptions: 1.) no father in the home; 2.) single parent mother in this economy is probably just making ends meet; 3.) the medical bills and loss time at work will effect the families way of life. Oh yea... no matter what this little boys life will be permanently scared, both physically and emotionally. He should get counseling ASAP to battle the effects of PTSD and he will need physical therapy.

I know you have several charities and since we can't bill the Mexican Government, could you find it in your charities finances to help his mother. If not, could your charities or somebody find out who is mother is and set up a bank account in her home town for funds to be received. This little boy is a hero. Not too many adults would have the will power to 'man-up' to such a task, but he did. This little boy helps restore my faith in my countries future.

(my name edited out)

PS. Please do not use my name if you inquire about MAMC's policy about CNN as the only authorized network in the hospital.

Man this kid better ge a medal from the city/state something. No doubt a hero. I mean you have adults that may get shot and still react through adrenaline, but an 11 year old kid!

And he was smart enough to grab the gun, shoot back. I hope this kid get a speedy recovery and never has to live through something like this again.

I'm in awe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads