JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Seattle
State
Washington
Looking to round out my AMT collection

Mainly looking for the hardballer but am also looking for the other variants including the Longslide, Gov, and Backup, any caliber

Let me know if you have any questions!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Nd9GcT8EikhQ2OmZ-rR4MEYQ-aKM6gU8CBOueH7ag&usqp=CAU.jpg

Looking to round out my AMT collection

Mainly looking for the hardballer but am also looking for the other variants including the Longslide, Gov, and Backup, any caliber

Let me know if you have any questions!

WHOA!!! That's a rabbit hole I went down many years ago..... HAHA

Good luck on "rounding out" your collection. That's what I said until digging deeper and realizing there were a lot of "rare ones" out there. I gave up knowing I'd probably never get a chance at an ACCELERATOR or any of the other "super rare" ones.

Are you mainly looking for 1911 styles (Hardballer, Government, Skipper, etc) and the all the back-ups in the various calibers? Or are you wanting to get into the Lightning's, Rifles, On-Duty's, etc too? Are you also wanting the larger one's like the 45WM, 10mm Javalina, 30 Carbine, etc?

Are you going to be getting into the BAM's and full sized Auto Mag's too??? :s0114:

I wish we were closer so we could meet, talk and share info.

WHOA!!! That's a rabbit hole I went down many years ago..... HAHA

Good luck on "rounding out" your collection. That's what I said until digging deeper and realizing there were a lot of "rare ones" out there. I gave up knowing I'd probably never get a chance at an ACCELERATOR or any of the other "super rare" ones.

Are you mainly looking for 1911 styles (Hardballer, Government, Skipper, etc) and the all the back-ups in the various calibers? Or are you wanting to get into the Lightning's, Rifles, On-Duty's, etc too? Are you also wanting the larger one's like the 45WM, 10mm Javalina, 30 Carbine, etc?

Are you going to be getting into the BAM's and full sized Auto Mag's too??? :s0114:

I wish we were closer so we could meet, talk and share info.
Haha thank you for the reply! I picked up an Automag 2 and am in the process of cleaning and oiling it.

I am primarily hoping to find a hardballer, the project is to split it, and make it two pistols, one with a hardballer slide, and the other with a hardballer lower.

Definitely want to round out the Automag, 1,3,4 and 5 if I can find one.

The backups are cool and I'd probably stick with 380 and 45.

Have you had a chance to figure out how to best oil these? I want to avoid spalling best I can

I read a long time ago that when AMT was still operating that they recommended using Firepower FP-10 gun oil. Something to do with the properties that actually work with stainless steels. I have only used FP-10 on my stainless guns (all the AMT's and Auto Mag's) and haven't had any issues or problems.

I only put a drop or 2 on each slide rail and cycle the slide a few times to spread the oil.

Whatever oil you choose to use remember that you are using it to lube porous stainless steel. There are other recommendation on the net regarding "newer and better" products than FP-10. I have not tried any of them as a bottle of this stuff goes a long way....

Image1.jpg

Oh thank you!

RJ Renner, who worked for AMT for years, makes 7" 45 super 1911s. I'm going to have one made by him, and I asked him about his solution.

He said it was a mix of mobil one and white lithium grease, and I want to try that but I'll try fp-10 first.

I'm using regular clp on the Automag 2 and hope to test it out this week.

So you by chance know anyone selling AMT's currently?

If you had of hit me up 5-6 months ago i could have gotten you everything you wanted. I have a few left but they are shooters (for the fun factor) and rare ones.

I know a guy who might have some. I'll contact him.

I would trust Roger in what he recommends. He knows what he's talking about. You will not be disappointed with your Long Slide!!! When you get it you'll have to post an update with it!!! ;)

20221114_195744.jpg 20221114_195722.jpg

It looks beautiful!

Rogers stuff looks amazing, I am thinking of doing two, one in 45 super and one in 10mm

Let me know if your buddy has any more AMT's they want to let go.

How do you like the 45 super?

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.