JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What part of invaders is so hard to process? What we need is not amnesty but a repeat of 1950s Eisenhower's Operation W e t b a c k (mk 2)

There are 100s of thousands of militia just waiting for the opportunity to deport them. All we require is leadership

"Reason No. 3: If people get used to having to have the government's permission to get a job (even to clean your house or mow your lawn), it will be a lot harder to fight universal background checks and gun registries."

Ever tried to open your own business in Oregon? You do have to get the governments permission and jump threw a whole bunch of hoops.

It seems to be getting harder to keep Our 2nd Amendment rights with each passing year. Having 20+ million illegal aliens becoming citizens would probably make it worse.

I have a very simple solution. If you are here illegally, you get no-none-zero social benefits.

When we came to the US, my dad had to show he was already employed, and that the employer guaranteed his support for a minimum of 5 years. We came on Green Cards before this "lottery" set up they have today.

I do not have a problem with aliens immigrating into the US if they are willing to work, and support themselves. That is good for the country, not bad. I do have a problem with those that want to come here and just suck on the government's social support teet.

Every one of us (including my wife, who's family came here in 1630) belongs to a family that came from somewhere else at some time. Every one of our families has helped to make this country what it is.

If I was to write an immigration reform bill, and look for a way to help those that are already here illegally, I would base it on a application to stay like the immigration application my family used when we entered the US. Gainfully employed? Your application to stay will be granted.

Utilizing the government's social safety net, application denied. For those that wish to enter legally, the lottery goes away. In it's place is guaranteed employment requirement. If you have a job offer, and your prospective employer will guarantee your gainful employment, your application will be approved. If not, it will not be approved.

I know that before control of Hong Kong was returned to red China, the province of BC told those in Hong Kong that wanted to immigrate to BC, not a problem... IF, you bring at least $500,000, start a business, and employ at least 3 people that are already residence of BC. That works too.

The only organizations that I know of that would fight a change like this would be the unions.

""Gainfully employed? Your application to stay will be granted.""
...and have a command of the English language. When I became a citizen about 6 years ago I needed to prove that I can read, write and speak English. After I got my certificate of naturalization I went to the post office for a passport application. Too my surprise, they only had ones in Spanish. Needless to say I was very dissapointed. Why would they even print them in any other language other than English.

...and have a command of the English language. When I became a citizen about 6 years ago I needed to prove that I can read, write and speak English. After I got my certificate of naturalization I went to the post office for a passport application. Too my surprise, they only had ones in Spanish. Needless to say I was very dissapointed. Why would they even print them in any other language other than English.

That you had to speak read and write English was a requirement for citizenship when I became a citizen in 1970, that has changed?

Actually, memories, and I have to laugh. I was in Army boot camp in 1967. I was in the "alien" platoon, and every member of the platoon was a non-US citizen. There were guys in that platoon from all kinds of countries from around the world, and yes, there were quite a few Spanish speakers in too. Our head Drill Sgt was this absolutely huge black E7 (He was 7th army heavy weight boxing champ too), and though his "English" was not exactly an "upper-mid-west" accent, he did insist that EVERYONE speak English in his presence. "You are in the US Army now, and you WILL speak English!". His method of enforcement was extra duty and KP for anyone speaking any language other than English.

I am probably one of the few that went through my military career without ever pulling KP duty. :)

My solution is simple. 4 years of military enlistment, Americorps,or the Civilian Conservation Corps, be able to speak and write English, and pass the current citizenship exam. If you can do all of the above in 4 years....then welcome to the US of A. You earned it and it should mean something. If not, you came here illegally in the first place and broke our laws. Why on earth would we want you as citizens?

That's my plan.
Brutus Out

When I saw that Bliztkrieg liked the original post, I knew it wasn't worth opening it. Thanks, BK.

I've read some of your other posts in other threads and this one is just more of the same. Why don't you take your whiny self somewhere else and be superior there. There must be a forum for self righteous snivelers somewhere.

By back to basics do you mean only white landed men can vote? Can blacks vote 3/5ths of the time?

I mean very simply that our border should be controlled and who is allowed into the Country should be monitored. And yes, I believe that most illegals here should be deported. Unfortunately, open borders and a mostly ignorant populace serves certain political ends.

I am far from a racist, but I appreciate your attempt to paint me as one. It reinforces my belief that when people don't have a legitimate argument they resort to mud slinging.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top