JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Go check out this blog. Basically it documents the DOD's suspension of the sale of brass casings to the largest US manufacturers. Which will continue and accelerate the disappearance of ammunition to civilians.

You need to use your brain a bit here to realize that while ammo will continue to be made in the US, it will be sold first to LE and the military at higher prices....taken from your tax money. Meanwhile the brass is going to be sold to China after it's shredded. Great.

Also, if you don't think there's a shortage of ammo already then you have not purchased or tried to purchase anything lately. The major online retailers are running low or sold out. The shelves at local retailers have been bare or near bare for going on six months.

What this all amounts to is that you'll be allowed to keep your guns (for now) but honestly what good are they without either manufactured ammo or reloading supplies----both of which are disappearing or gone.

This is nationwide and erratic in the way it's occurring. Thus, you're going to hear people disagree with the whole idea, maybe you want to disagree with the whole idea. Either way, I suggest that if you take your right to bear arms seriously you investigate it for yourself before making any claims to the contrary.

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military.html

If this is true, then how does one explain DOD sales like this one? Note that the description says "MUTILATION NOT REQUIRED."

<broken link removed>

I'm not saying that this ban on sales isn't happening, I'm just trying to discern the truth before sending frantic phone calls and e-mails to my elected reps. :s0155:

I noticed other auctions on that govliquidation site. Does anyone have experience with these auctions or fired brass involved? I'm curious what it would take to acquire one of the small loads.

There are people on other forums buying this stuff up. I got asked to join a group buy of 3k lbs of .223 and 308 brass. I don't have the funds to get into that buy lol.

Proposed ammo and regristration restrictions are being promoted in Washington under bill 3359 and other states. Several good sites to review this legislation can be found under "www.usavsus.info/us-AmmoRegistr.htm."- this site will provide you with information on the development of the act in your state. Or you can google "AmmunitonAccountablilyAct" and will see the references on this bug. Apparently, the drafters of this act believed that once the act was law, the bad guys would purchase ammo at retail store and provide the shop keepers with a copy of their driver's license and other identification. I have also read that addtional tax hikes will be placed on each round which could make the purchase prohibitive. It is also belived that all personal handloaded ammo must be destroyed by 2011.

There is an outfit in Seattle that is behind the "ammo coding". They can be found by google "ACS Ammunition Coding System" 10002 Aurora Ave N. Seattle, 98133.

dont know how to break this to you but winchester, remington, federal dont buy used brass from the military to make their ammo. This is a potential money maker for someone the 50 cal would resell for about a buck each for once fired brass. the rest is not a bad deal as the bid is not close to scrap price on brass.

I don't really know what to believe. There seems to be quite a bit of hysteria going around. Understandably so with our current administration and congress, I believe they would love to enact gun laws similar to Europe and Australia. They just have the Constituition to go around, not that it isn't being trashed already (or has been in the last 16 yrs).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top