JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the links, I do hit Bi-Mart. I have fortunately massed a decent stockpile and tend to only buy CCI HV Mini mags because they run well in every 22 I own. I need to try out some of the newer federal stuff to see if it will run in everything as well because it tends to be a little cheaper.
Yep been using CCI since about 1979 or so cleaner and no lead buildup. Use to get two for $5 at Bimart when it was on sale, still have some too....LOL. I have other on hand for the needy or not so picky.....gave a lot away during the last couple of dry spells.

How does the virus and ammo sales skyrocketing reconcile?

IDK... people afraid of the apocalypse coming??? When food gets short due to economic disruption and travel bans internally, we might need to defend our homes!!!

Tucker Carlson disappointed me with his prediction of dire consequences on our way with the virus.

I guess even he likes to cry Wolf!

Yes, he may be right or not...but crying Wolf isn't going to help.

I got mad and disgusted with him and turned him off after a few minutes. He seems to get in these contrarian moods and that was him being a drama queen for ratings I think.

Who'd a thought, a pandemic, the public panicking, and ammo flying off the shelf. Imagine that?!?!?

Glad I'm adequately supplied, don't need to participate in the panic, but get to watch from the sidelines with my popcorn and beer.

As for me, I'll just keep cranking through my brass supply, can never have enough reloads on the shelf!

Adequately supplied is a good condition to be in. My wife and I were talking this morning about folks panic-buying toilet paper. I reminded her that we can relax about that, since I have a 5-gallon bucket of coin tissues upstairs. I think she's starting to understand why I prep.

Nice thing about those coin tissues is, they don't take up much room. An equivalent supply of TP would probably fill up a closet.

What on earth are coin tissues?

Don't go stocking up on them now, vut good idea for the future when the price come back down.

I don't panic buy. No reason to. Not that I can't use more, I just refuse to buy in to the madness.

Nope, I'll let everyone else max out their credit cards on stuff. I'm sure I'll survive. :rolleyes:

Yes, of course...my question is what promoted ammo sales?

Are people expecting the infected to go on rampages like zombies in "The Walking Dead"?

Italy has an aging population, but the wildfire spread of nCov they have experienced has already overrun their healthcare system. Italy isn't some third world craphole - especially the north. They have locked down the country at this point in an attempt to limit and slow the spread.

There is no containing nCov - it's out there and in all probability, we'll all get it at some point. The state and federal governments should be looking to initiate plans that limit the infection rate so as not to overwhelm the medical system. This means quarantines, travel shutdowns, no public gatherings.

What happens when supplies run out of a quarantine zone? Think Katrina.

To me, that pretty much explains the panic gun and ammo buys.

How realistic is that from happening? I don't know - even if an area like Portland was quarantined, I don't see food and supply shipments in and out ceasing. Slowing, maybe, but not ceasing. So, I don't think we'll see anything like the looting and pilfering that occurred after Katrina.

I'm actually really looking forward to the post-panic sell off. Should be able to pick up some LNIB guns after these people realize they made a rash decision and have bills to pay.

Well, BiMart had lots of 55gr 5.56 at $40/150 but zero Blazer Brass in 9mm and a scattering less than 5 boxes each of 45, 40, .380 or .38Spl A few 250 packs of everything but 9mm and a bunch of Winchester 500 rd cans of 9mm 115 gr, $90
Some but not lots of premium handgun ammo either.
Lots of 22LR

The media has been desperately trying to start panic. Of course ammo and guns will feel it to some extent. Have a case of CCI .22 coming to me this week. Just checked at it's still there for .06 a round. Some name brand stuff as low as .03. Sadly many soon forgot the last great panic. Something will sooner or later set off another one. When it does a LOT of people will be without and angry all over again.:s0054:

Thanks for the links, I do hit Bi-Mart. I have fortunately massed a decent stockpile and tend to only buy CCI HV Mini mags because they run well in every 22 I own. I need to try out some of the newer federal stuff to see if it will run in everything as well because it tends to be a little cheaper.
Blazers run really well in all my .22's (1960's Ruger Standard being the picky one) and it's usually pretty cheap. Just a thought.

Well ive been depleting my 9mm latley so i picked up a case today and was surprised that they only had 2 cases left when normaly they are stacked chest high.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top