JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So how much paperwork am I going to have to deal with to document the "disposal" of about 300 rounds of .40 S&W and about 1,000 rounds of .22LR today at the club? And where are they going to stamp the barcodes/registration numbers?? :nuts:

Yeah they try this about every two years, it's only saving grace is that it'd be so expensive to implement and there's no dough to waste on it, it just sinks itself under its' own stupidity.

This is old stuff. The link in the post refers to 2008 legislation.

Depends on what State you are in. Pennsylvania has a current Bill in the State Leg.

<broken link removed> ... 601856.txt

They will never give up untill all of our firearms and ammo are gone. We MUST remain aware and NOT discount ANY Bill as "dead". They can be tacked on to "must pass" budgets and such.

Yeah they try this about every two years, it's only saving grace is that it'd be so expensive to implement and there's no dough to waste on it, it just sinks itself under its' own stupidity.

Hey as long as it keeps them busy, the less likely they will have time to work on something that has a chance of making it through.

Here's the deal with this proposed legislation. Three guys from Seattle invented and patented the technology to mark bullets. They knew that the only way they'd ever make money off of their patent was if they could get legislation passed that mandated that bullets be marked. They hired a law firm to draw up sample legislation, and then they went from state to state flogging it to the anti-gun legislators in each state.

Some of the anti-gun legislators have introduced the bills in their states, but none have passed so far (and God help them if it does, but that's another story.)

Here's an article about the three men who are trying to sell our rights for thirty pieces of silver:

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2008-03-05/news/three-seattle-guys-want-to-bar-code-bullets.php

Thanks for the article link, Wierz.

Produce a product that generates little to no interest, then use a lobbyist to pay off some politician to force it upon the people. Will Rep. Al O'Brien be the first to buy stock in the company...or be an investor if it was to be a sure thing? "Free-market" economy...my butt!

Last edited by a moderator:
it would take decades before all the unmarked ammo was out of the country and the criminals would just find a way to get unmarked ammo. They aint dumb.

How about just breaking into someplace and stealing the marked stuff? It's rather straightforward. Just between us I mean, I'm sure no crooks visit us here.

Thanks for the article link, Wierz.

Produce a product that generates little to no interest, then use a lobbyist to pay off some politician to force it upon the people. Will Rep. Al O'Brien be the first to buy stock in the company...or be an investor if it was to be a sure thing? "Free-market" economy...my butt!

Sounds familiar... can anyone say, Algore and his carbon-credit scheme?? :nuts:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top