Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

ammo

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by SavageOwner, Feb 16, 2011.

1. SavageOwner

SavageOwner Woodland, Washington, United States New Member

any suggestions on a good fairley priced ammo for the savage 30-06 just bought one monday taking it out friday new to the whole thing so any info helps thanks guys

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bi-mart. Remington green box. My 30-06 shot it's best group ever with the 150gr Core Lokt.

3. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

:thumbup:X 5!

I tend to roll my own, but Remington 'CORE-LOKT' across the counter ammunition is some of the most reliable that I've used in half of century's worth of fun.

4. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

I got some of the cheap federal 180gr ammo from bi mart and have gotten good groups with that. like in the 1-1.5" range with a 03A3 sporter. I think I could tighten that up with a lighter bullet. Never got that good of groups with the Remington core lokt in the same weight. Good enough for hunting, but still didn't make me happy. But every gun is different.

5. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

Will it be used as a hunting rifle that you want to scope, or sight in? If so, I'd use the ammo I plan to use in hunting. If it is for long-range, precision targets, you may want to look at that kind of ammo, but be prepared for sticker shock. Or, you may want to roll your own custom loads.

6. turq

turq Molino,oregon Member

Hornady 165gr Regular issue..

7. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

hang on to it when you pull the trigger, esecially if it is a lite weight rifle. tho 06 has been known to scope bite more than one individual

8. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Nothing like scope eye.

KEMP%27SCUT.JPG