JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I stumbled on this outfit using the Ammo Seek application on my Android phone. The prices seemed almost too good to be true, but what the heck, right? I ordered a bunch of REMAN 230GR JHP .45 and REMAN 147GR FMJ RN 9mm. I got a near immediate automated response that acknowledged my order and then things went quiet. I never got an email saying my order was shipped, but when I returned to the website and signed in to check my order status a few days later, it said "Shipped". Again, no tracking number to be found or anything else to confirm it was on the way. About a week later (which makes sense for ammo shipped ground across the US) a UPS package was at the door.

The ammo was very well packaged. UPS label shows origination as an address in Lewiston, ID. It arrived in the heavy plastic bags as shown on their website, with each package further wrapped in layers of protective paper. The ammo looks good and clean, but I haven't had it to the range yet.** I was surprised to find completely consistent head stamps on the cases across all of the .45 ammo. It is all marked G.F.L. .45ACP, which I believe I've seen on European ammo like Fiocchi. Could be wrong on that. The 9mm ammo, however, was a mixture of reloaded cases, including head stamps of Blazer, PMC, F.C., Aguila, WIN, PPU, S&B, PRC, etc.

I wanted to share my experience, because like the OP, I couldn't find a thing on this company when I tried to research it before ordering. Now that the ammo is actually sitting here, I thought to search one more time to see if I could find any reports, especially any reports of dangerous results from use. All I found was this thread. :)

Lastly, somewhere along the way, I did "accidentally" end up on a Freedom Munitions page, but couldn't see how I got there and can't duplicate it now. So, there may indeed be some connection.

I will try to remember to report back after testing out the ammo.

**Edit: After just transferring the ammo to old empty 50 round boxes, I wanted to add a couple clarifying remarks. When I said this ammo "looks good", I mean for reloads. It's not highly polished and cosmetically perfect - probably where part of the cost/overhead is reduced. There are minor blemishes/case markings and those tiny surface oxidation splotches here and there). The 9mm brass looks cleaner than the .45 brass. Cases appear uniformly resized. I didn't use a caliper, but visually the OAL seems consistent. There are some tiny little dings here and there in the copper jackets. I can't find any rounds that have visibly stressed or questionable cases or damaged bullets, where I wouldn't want to shoot them. The primers appear uniformly and properly seated. Basically, if you have ever reloaded your own ammo and coarse cleaned the cases, but didn't bother with all the extra tumbling and polishing necessary to get a shiny finish, that's what this stuff looks like. So back to the other half of the original issue.... if someone at a shooting range is simply judging this on whether or not it looks "reloaded" - the clear answer to them will be "yes". Whether or not what they mean is "professionally" vs. "DIY", well, that's obviously up to the range.

Last Edited:
Thanks for the update. Let us know when you get it out to shoot, as there's not much info out there.

As long as it's safe, it's a great deal for the price- especially for those of us shooting more expensive calibers.

I guess I'll have to pick up some 223 and see what happens. My only worry would be that there is NO reviews out there. I'm kinda thinking they are new to the game and not many people have ordered from them yet. And the fact that there is nowhere on the site to post a review. Let us know hot the ammo treats ya!!

In regards to the Freedom munitions comments, this is directly from the checkout page. You must check this box prior to checkout.

"I understand that discharging, cleaning, or handling ammunition, components and/or firearms may cause exposure to lead, and I hold Freedom Munitions harmless and I assume full responsibility for any such exposure. I agree to all of the above information."

Finally had a chance to try the ammo out.

The .45 ACP ammo worked out perfectly. Sufficiently consistent/tight groups, no malfunctions. Had one real winger, but I'm inclined to blame myself before ever blaming equipment or ammo. I will probably order more and use it primarily for steel plate challenges.

The 9mm worked out equally as well - no issues and no malfunctions. I don't do my own reloading anymore, so I was looking to reduce the snappy recoil of common 115gr factory rounds with something exhibiting less of a snap and more of a push in terms of perceived recoil. These 147gr rounds did that, at least in my mind. I will probably order more of this for specifically for PPC matches.

The shipping was unsatisfactory.
Expect good 2+ weeks.

Ordered 1k rounds of 115 gr 9m.
All new copper plated. Notice that they sell brass plated and copper plated. Brass plated is cheaper and I don't shoot brass so I got coppers.

Will update on ammo quality soon.

Last Edited:
I read on another forum where one buyer said that he noticed that the shipping address for Ammo valley and Freedom Munitions was the same.
I couldn't confirm through Whois, but they both have business activities in Lewiston.
Makes sense for a company to sell off their 2nds under a different label, though.

Just shot half a thousand. All went bang.

Gun used: Hk p30l

Update 6/11/17
Shot all thousand. All bang bang.
Credit to HK p30

Video review:

Update 6/20/17
Placed an order for another 1k rounds. Instead I got reman ammo, and shorted 3 rounds...

Update 6/24/17
I decided to keep the reman and they refunded the difference

Update 6/25/17
One FTE at a match (reman)

Update 7/1/17
Shot 500 rounds of 9mm reman. 1 FTE total. They run very dirty. I usually don't mind dirty rounds but these are particularly hard to clean. Will not be shooting any more of their reman.

This picture hardly tells half the story:
aTO0c7v.jpg

Last Edited:
Finished up all of the first order. No issues at all with it. Ordered another bulk lot of 9mm. This time I went with the new brass, instead of reman. Same experience, no tracking number or anything after the confirmation email.... it just showed up a week later. Looks good and no complaints.

Finished up all of the first order. No issues at all with it. Ordered another bulk lot of 9mm. This time I went with the new brass, instead of reman. Same experience, no tracking number or anything after the confirmation email.... it just showed up a week later. Looks good and no complaints.

Tracking number can be seen on order status on their webpage

I ordered 1000 rounds of 124 9mm reman FP from Ammo Valley. I wrote them an email that I will share with everyone.

Ran 250 rounds through a brand new never fired Springfield XDM 9mm 4.5".

- Had over a dozen FTF. (Light Primer Strikes). Found the depth of the primers to be inconsistent. Those that were seated shallowly did not go bang.
- Light load that caused 2 stove pipes
- Light load that caused the slide to not lock back when magazine was empty.

I wrote to them concerning my issues and will post their reply when given.

Neighbor had kust told me he bought 500 rds of 5.56x45 from them. I figured he would know since he buys the cheapest he can find on Ammo Seek. He had 15 light primer strikes out of the first two magazines. I think I'll just stay away from Ammo Valley. So far I have heard nothing that would make me jump at suck an unbelievable price. Key word "unbelievable"!

Been using AmmoValley for some time. Use 45 ACP, 9mm, and old (1939) S&W Military Police 38 Special. None have failed. All first rate. Have used both reman and new. Not a problem. The 45 is for my Springfield 1911, 9mm for HK USPC, and 38 for an old S&W Revolver. Have also used them for .223 and .556 (there is a slight difference) and again, all remanufactured and all fired in my LWRC AR15 without an issue. So for me, they are the best when you consider their pricing and low shipping.

Last Edited:
The problem here is that you used a springfield XDM.

My HK P30L was very expensive but that money is paying off cause it eats through all that dirty reman.

Lesson learned: Don't buy cheap guns.
Or at least don't buy guns from where they weren't proven in an human crematorium ash-rich environment? lol

There is no problem with an XDM, and quite frankly I think they are well made. I know several people who use them and love them. The one thing I have learned is only use the magazine designed for the gun. If its 5-rounds, 7-rounds as in the 1911, use that. And use the manufacturers magazines. You pay a few more cents but its worth it. I tried a 3rd part 10-round in my 1911, crap. Jammed every other time. Got rid of it and only use Springfield made magazines. No more problem. Also, new mags, keep them loaded for a week to reduce spring tension. That helps.
All this baloney on my guns are better than yours is a typical childish measuring contest. Good and bad are subjective. I am not a fan of Glock yet they are a very reliable firearm. S&W Shield is solid, great price, and well made, but I for one do not care for them. I like hammers, subjective. Not a problem for me though. I simply let people use what they like.
As for ammo being dirty. All ammo is dirty. I found Ammo Valley no more dirty than new ammo from others. Every time I hear people say this I try the ammo and find it is not true. Maybe one ammo is slightly more dirty than another, but who really cares. Clean your guns. I clean my gun every 500+ rounds. A gunsmith friend told me this long ago. Don't clean them too often, it helps with accuracy. Thought he was crazy, but tried it and he was right. I mean if you were using it as designed, in war, you would not have a chance to clean it after every use. That is how they were designed. Just my opinion based on experience.

There is no problem with an XDM, and quite frankly I think they are well made. I know several people who use them and love them. The one thing I have learned is only use the magazine designed for the gun. If its 5-rounds, 7-rounds as in the 1911, use that. And use the manufacturers magazines. You pay a few more cents but its worth it. I tried a 3rd part 10-round in my 1911, crap. Jammed every other time. Got rid of it and only use Springfield made magazines. No more problem. Also, new mags, keep them loaded for a week to reduce spring tension. That helps.
All this baloney on my guns are better than yours is a typical childish measuring contest. Good and bad are subjective. I am not a fan of Glock yet they are a very reliable firearm. S&W Shield is solid, great price, and well made, but I for one do not care for them. I like hammers, subjective. Not a problem for me though. I simply let people use what they like.
As for ammo being dirty. All ammo is dirty. I found Ammo Valley no more dirty than new ammo from others. Every time I hear people say this I try the ammo and find it is not true. Maybe one ammo is slightly more dirty than another, but who really cares. Clean your guns. I clean my gun every 500+ rounds. A gunsmith friend told me this long ago. Don't clean them too often, it helps with accuracy. Thought he was crazy, but tried it and he was right. I mean if you were using it as designed, in war, you would not have a chance to clean it after every use. That is how they were designed. Just my opinion based on experience.
It is kind of strange how people want to hate on Springfield. I just bought my second XD .45, we'll this time I grabbed an XDs 3.3 .45 I've had so many different types, brands and caliber of pistols, and I know what I like and I know what I don't like. People are always going to say EWWW Springfield, andd EWWW Glock. I say Ewww to them. Was not their wallet that bought it, and same goes for ammo. Especially reman ammo. Sometimes it's clean and flawless. Sometimes it isn't.

People are always trying to show off. It's akin to thinking because you buy expensive pots and pans you can cook like a master chef. Springfield is among the highest quality manufacturers. My 1911 is USA made, I know that some XDM are made elsewhere but they are no worse because they are. Many with XDMs shoot far better than those with their expensive "hand candy" pistols. It's not the gun that shoots with accuracy, its the shooter. Same with ammo. If you think reman ammo is not accurate, I got news for you, it's not the ammo! That said, I do like Sellier & Bellot, Blazer, etc. but no issues with remanufactured from a quality place.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top