JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's all fun and games until you hear that click when you need it. I'd use it for fun and games and not in my EDC.

AND it's always YOUR fault. Everyone knows you can't keep prey safe from a lady on laundry safari!

The good thing you can let her know, is that since your mag is totally destroyed now, they had a sale on a three pack of mags when you were buying replacement carry rounds. Don't look at it as a $100 mistake, think about the $50 you saved bundling! Simple shopping math!
Works in my house at least. ;)

I've had .22 LR stick in the barrel before. I'm really glad I wasn't in mag-dump frenzy mode. Not cool, and not easy to extract - especially one that only made it halfway out of the brass and got stuck in the chamber.

Manufacturer refunded me for 6 bricks without a receipt (doesn't matter when/where I bought it when it says Winchester on it). And paid my shipping. Must've known it was a bad batch from the numbers on the boxes.

If I were dead set on to shooting up 15-16 rounds of suspect (laundered) ammo, I'd be inclined to shoot one at a time and make sure each preceding projectile had indeed cleared the barrel before sending another.

Rely on it for CCW self-defense? No way!

Being pistol ammo: shoot it at the range and see if it works. 99% sure it will go bang just fine.

If it was a sealed NATO round like 5.56 or 7.62 I would trust it regardless. But pistol ammo generally doesn't have sealed primers.

Tell her that you should never tumble loaded ammo! I also have a DW that NEVER checks pockets.
Maybe next time load your pockets with some range brass and see how it goes.

Several years ago I was driving along a road near the Deschutes River and I saw something that looked out of place just off the road. I stopped to look at it and it was a pile of primed .45 ACP brass. It was very old and some of the cases were corroded away at the mouths but just for the heck of it I scraped the corrosion off a few of them, chambered and pulled the trigger and they went 'bang' - not super enthusiastic primer pop but they did ignite.

I had heard this before that WD-40 is a ammo killer. The story I was told is that it ruins the primers. ????

E
WD40 is designed to penetrate and displace water. It does that very well. Gets around the primer seal and gets into the powder, maybe the primer charge too. It's great for cleaning a gun that you dropped in the lake, not so good for ammo. And don't use it in place of CLP or whatever your regular cleaning regimen is. If you need to use WD40, do your regular cleaning afterward.

After a washer, shouldn't you put it into a dryer?
:s0008:
I've done that... :confused:
If she used fabric softener, like Downy, they will probably shoot on the soft side but you have have the best smelling fired rounds on the range. ;)

Mike
Have Hillary wipe them with BleachBit. :D

I wouldn't use it as EDC ammo
I'd de-construct, de-powder, de-prime, re-prime, re-powder, re-construct. and then use it as range ammo.
15 additional units during re-loading don't really matter...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top