JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Where do you store your ammo?

• In my safe with my guns

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • In ammo boxes inside my safe.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • In ammo boxes outside my safe.

Votes: 34 50.0%
  • In a seperate ammo safe.

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • In a big pile that I play in like Scrooge McDuck.

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters
Reactions
scrooge-mcduck-make-it-rain.jpg

Hey all,

I have heard people say they don't store it in their safe because in a fire the ammo may ignite and destroy the contents of the safe. This seems fairly unlikely, but what do I know?

Where do you store your ammo?

Most of mine is stored in my reloading room,just have way too much to store in a safe.
90% is in ammo cans,the balance in loaded mags with the firearms in the safe.
RK

I picked up a separate safe about a month ago and have the ammo in that now. It opened up a lot of room in the gun safe, which means that I can expand the collection a bit more.

I've got separate 30 cal. cans for my pistol and rifle ammo. One can holds about seven boxes of 300 win. mag. ammo. I sandblasted and powdercoated my cans, and for now they sit on top of a book shelf.

Don't know about the rest of you guys and gals but I got five army surplus ammo cans that are close to full and they are heavy there not in the open if anyone did find them they wouldn't move them far very fast. I got a big gun safe but not much room inside , if you know what I mean.

I've got separate 30 cal. cans for my pistol and rifle ammo. One can holds about seven boxes of 300 win. mag. ammo. I sandblasted and powdercoated my cans, and for now they sit on top of a book shelf.

That must be a heck of a book shelf. I only have a tin-can 8 gun safe ($90) from bimart. I think I have all the guns I consider 'critical' at this point. Now I need to buy a good heavy safe for the guns and then the ammo will go in the other. And of course I will then continue to expand my collection.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top