JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did the Tri County "Action Range Pre-certification" class last Saturday. The instructors did a good job keeping it interesting and fun with shooting drills. Not that I am Mr. USPSA, only a few matches under my belt before a knee injury pulled me last yr, But it was hard NOT to want to run on each stage and double tap as quickly as one can. A large number of the shooters I talked with shared the same problem of not having enough ammo on hand to take the actual test next month. Let alone do any more training before then. There issue was "cant find ANY".

The true shocker for me was seeing a guy load a mag of Underwood 9mm defence from a 20 round box I am sure to cost him $40. Then go run the stage shooting shot to heck paper! He just needed something to go bang to show he had control of his firearm for the instructor, hits meant zippo.

I did take the opportunity to share this forum, everyone I talked with had never heard of it. I let them know there is an ammunition classifieds section that they can find ammo in. Yes at market value but at least they can find it.

BTW: @Joe Link , perhaps there is an opportunity for some small Northwest Firarms stickers to be made? If there was a pack of 2" small rounds I would be happy to buy to keep in the range bag to hand out to others I meet to help spread the word of the board. Happy to help you with that if you wanted.

.. perhaps there is an opportunity for some small Northwest Firarms stickers to be made? If there was a pack of 2" small rounds I would be happy to buy to keep in the range bag to hand out to others I meet to help spread the word of the board. Happy to help you with that if you wanted.

Why stickers? Personally, I'd rather have something the size and shape of a business card with the info on it. It could even have a QR code with the web address to the site on it.

I've done such for other projects, and it works out pretty well. The business card format has lots of printing options available, including grabbing some sheets of perforated business card stock at an office supply store and printing a small run at home.

Ammo is available.... just have to pay dearly for it. Found this ad today. 9mm at $1/round. Yikes!

Screenshot_20200922-092426_Chrome.jpg

Airsoft, yeah I know its not the same kinda like a Bud light vs a oatmeal stout

Or rimfire. I have rimfire conversions for my SIG 229 and 226 pistols. Keeping an eye out for a conversion for 220 (which would fit my 227s) and then fit a 226 rimfire mag inside a gutted out 227 .45 mag - I am told this works well.

I have 35K+ of .22 rimfire, at 50 rounds per week, that would last me almost the rest of my life even if I never bought any more, and I would not be too worried about running out anytime soon. Bulk rimfire is still quite available and not unreasonably priced.

Or rimfire. I have rimfire conversions for my SIG 229 and 226 pistols. Keeping an eye out for a conversion for 220 (which would fit my 227s) and then fit a 226 rimfire mag inside a gutted out 227 .45 mag - I am told this works well.

I have 35K+ of .22 rimfire, at 50 rounds per week, that would last me almost the rest of my life even if I never bought any more, and I would not be too worried about running out anytime soon. Bulk rimfire is still quite available and not unreasonably priced.
I've been thinking of getting some conversion kits but the cost effective 22lr seems to be gone already.

Why stickers? Personally, I'd rather have something the size and shape of a business card with the info on it. It could even have a QR code with the web address to the site on it.

I've done such for other projects, and it works out pretty well. The business card format has lots of printing options available, including grabbing some sheets of perforated business card stock at an office supply store and printing a small run at home.

old school biz cards sure. The key thing is something to hand to someone at the range. Me personally small round 1color stickers are in expensive to have made in quantity. They can go on range boxes or rifle cases. The QR code is a great idea and could also be easily on there.

I think best option to help the board gain new members is existing members inviting new ones to join.

Been considering that too.

I've talked a few shooting buddies into them. Even sold a couple here to some new to airguns.

As I tell them up-front, this ain't your grand-daddy's pump BB gun. They've come a LONG way in, oh, since the 80s I'd say. Much of the advancements in the last 20 years. Probably 'bout the same with powder-burners.

I was thinking about doing an "intro to airguns" for a few folks in my backyard plinkin' range.

You can see most of what I do here if interested. I'm open to visitors under most conditions.

I must have shot, easy, 5k rounds this month. Maybe $100 in supplies. And since it's 20-feet out my back door, no range fees.

Just remember to keep it safe, neighbor-friendly, and treat it like a real gun.

You can literally take down a moose with an airgun. YouTube big-bore airgun hunting for about a million hits.

Me, I prefer the small, quiet stuff. Even in powder-burners, I like a .22LR single-shot bolt-action. Peaceful really.

Excellent "blue guns" in pistol too.

Airsoft ($20), pellet ($80), 9mm ($1000).... Guess which one's the "real" one? :)

p266inthreestyles.jpg

If well-practiced, it's all about the same up until the bang. And as we all know, there's a lot to do before then. :)

(anyway, my 3-cents, back to the show)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews