JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ya, same here. I've bought a little bit of ammo here and there when I get the chance, but refuse to pay their prices. I pick up just enough to get me through a range trip or two, but thats it.

I really hope the prospectors and profiteers get screwed on this one, I hope they all lose their shirts and really regret it all...

Good news!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the guys on here asking $35 for a box of .22 will have to eat crow!

Thanks for the heads up andrew!

Ya, i know it, right?? I'm pretty down on thread-crapping, but that guy deserves it like no other. What the heck does he think hes doing trying to sell it at that price?

Ya, i know it, right?? I'm pretty down on thread-crapping, but that guy deserves it like no other. What the heck does he think hes doing trying to sell it at that price?

It's them-there gold plated, depleted ur**** hollow tip .22lr mach 2's!

Edit; Ur**** is is a bad word? Whoah. First Pluto loses it's planetary status, and Ur**** becomes a curse. tsk

No handgun ammo today at Wal-Mart in Coos Bay, Salesman said they are restricting purchases so one person doesn't buy up all they have when they get it, but they are still having a hard time getting ammo down here.

I went into the Bi Mart in Sandy today and they actually had some large pistol primers in! The gal behind the counter said that she thought the ammo craze was coming to an end pretty soon(although she said the primers and re-loading stuff would still be back ordered for awhile, but its getting better.).

I was actually able to pick up my 4 box limit on .223, which I havent seen at that store for a couple months now. Definately still need .45acp and .40S&W, but hopefully all will be somewhat back to normal soon.

I noticed that local Bi-Marts are starting to have ammo again. I dont' know if it is because demand has descreased, supply has begun to catch up with the demand, or the 4 box per caliber limit is helping to let everybody get at least a little ammo. I was at the gun show today and saw the same 5.56 XM193 for $12/box that I bought yesterday at Bi-Mart fot $7.99. Sure, I could only buy 4 boxes at a time, but at least I didn't get ripped off for. it. The point is, they have it, and not just on the day they get their shipments. I also couldn't believe the gun show prices for boxes of Remington .40SW for $25 or the 250 rd. Mega-packs of .38spl for $100. In other words, ammo is getting easier to find, so you don't have to pay these ridiculously over-inflated prices to get it if you are patient. Unfortunately, many of the vendors at the show have not yet got the memo. :s0155:

no problem, i went to bi mart today as well. no ammo left for me, but i have seen 223 at almost every store i have gone to, be it bright water, bi mart or c & c gun sales.

i also saw that c & c has had 4 boxes of 40 cal sitting on their shelf for more then a week now can u believe that

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe people have given up? I continue to worry about the long-term effect these prices will have on the shooting public. There are lots of other cheaper hobbies/activities around...

Surplus Ammo had a bit-o-the-profiteering at the Monroe WAC show last time. $20 was their lowest price for 9mm, .38spl, etc.

That $20 box of ammo probably cost them $18.

The wholesale price is the problem unless you are Bi-Mart or Wal-Mart which I assume are under contract sealing the price for a period of time.

I stopped selling ammo all-together since the wholesale price was more than Wal-Marts retail price.

I feel like people went crazy loading up their credit cards on ammo purchases, and now they are facing their monthly statements. Add in low employment rates, and some panic purchases, I think they're just running out of money. Those who bought to resell are getting stuck with large supplies, deservedly so.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top