JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This sounds like pure sales BS from Brownell's, and I'm a sales guy! This is the typical "buy it now or you might not be able to get it" hysteria they are promoting. It's disappointing. I expected better from Brownell's.

You know, there's a possibility there's some truth to it, but I suspect it is meant to just drive a sales spike.

This sounds like pure sales BS from Brownell's, and I'm a sales guy! This is the typical "buy it now or you might not be able to get it" hysteria they are promoting. It's disappointing. I expected better from Brownell's.

You know, there's a possibility there's some truth to it, but I suspect it is meant to just drive a sales spike.

oh so your a dirty salesman remind me not to buy from Brownell's or cougfan2 lol jk i think the that it will happen again everyone will go go crazy and it will be hard to get untill after the elections

Here's the Buds letter I received just yesterday. More of the same. Pretty effective marketing.

After spending the first six weeks of 2012 attending various firearms industry shows, including the NSSF Shot Show in Las Vegas with the highest dealer attendance of record, there was one obvious recurring theme from every manufacturer we visited with...."we just can't make enough firearms". Although we fully expected another surge later in 2012, it has already started as the ATF continues to report all time record highs in background/NICS checks as well as Conceal Carry/CCW permit applications.

We are also experiencing record high sales on Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop, actually breaking our all time single day sales records TWICE this month ! Considering we had no special promotions going on, and we exceeded every sales record dating all the way back to 2003, it seems pretty clear ......"Here we go again !"

As the national media and general public become increasingly aware of the deteriorating supply and demand issues.....we ALL know what comes next....higher prices ! Although upsetting to most people, it can also be an amazing opportunity for those who are in a position to buy "early and often". Whether you are an investor, collector, or reseller...you would be hard pressed to find a single more lucrative investment than firearms at this time. If you are not currently in a position to buy ?....you should still be very happy about the future appreciation in value of your current firearms collection !

To many customers, and even those outside the firearms industry, it would appear that gun dealers like us are primed and ready to take advantage of situations like this. Although there is admittedly opportunity during these times, it is nearly impossible for us to predict and adequately prepare for the sudden and extreme increases that can occur with nationwide internet sales. You do not have huge increases in sales without also having huge increases in phone calls, emails, shipping, etc.....so it can very quickly become overwhelming.
If you find yourself waiting on hold, or waiting on a reply to an email, please reference our active customer counter on the top right corner of our website. If you are attempting to contact us during a high volume time (over 2,500 customers online) you may want to wait until the volume decreases and try again later. For example, as we are sending you this email, the number of customers currently shopping on Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop is over 3,000 !

This is the typical "buy it now or you might not be able to get it"

That may sound like B.S., but i've never seen a customer so mad as when they come back to buy something and it's no longer available.
Supplies are finite. When the market panics, either go without or dont be surprised when you're paying a premium.

Keep your ammo supply stocked and shortages will never scare you.

Worrying about your feelings on ammo might not be justified. Have been to 3 retail stores in the last week looking at ammo supplies, they are dwindling. I do not know if the hording has restarted, the manufactures have restricted the flow of ammo to market, or even if the military and police have reentered the market..

I would believe preparation is the key. One must decide... Ads have shown that some vendors have sales and deals. Ammo is a consumable, thus if you need or want to shoot you have a choice, buy now or buy later.. or

Brownell's is trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy....There will only be an ammo shortage if people start hoarding again.

I was a hoarder last time and paid dearly for it in the wallet (primers were almost non-existent for awhile). I've built up a comfortable stash in the meantime, so I plan to sit this one out.

Bi Marts ammo supply eb and flo's with their sales and with their supply trucks. They do not keep large inventories of anything in the stores its all in the distrabution centers and ordered directly from the wholesaler in Clackamas (If I remember correctly).

But sure enough if enough people start getting all frothed up in nothing flat we can cause a shortage. Not the retailers Wholesalers or manufacturers. The BLAME will rest 100% on the consumer.

I dont understand how this ammo shortage works. Are the factories government regulated why cant they keep cranking out ammo as long as they have resources to do so?
Im not trolling either.

The tipping point is being reached, the population knows the border is porus, knows that 816 personal are being pulled off the border, that 25 agents have been busted for corruption in California alone. They know that Hizboallah is in TJ, they see the Occupy Movement for what it is, they see African Americans For Obama, SEIU, Tides, Unions, Big Money, SDS, Weather Underground, Marxists and Islamists, Soros, even the Justice Dept working to destroy America, the economy, industry destroyed, the nation is bankrupt.
Do you think thier buying guns to prop-up thier TV stands?
They see the corrosive effects of evil in thier everyday lives.
How many murders in OR/WA in the past 10 days? Do you think the crime rate is falling? America is turning into Detroit. The justifiable homicide rate in Detroit has risen 100 fold in the past few years.

I'm getting backorders from almost all of my suppliers suppliers already.
Hype or not, I'm concerned it will be hard to get many things in late 2012.
They simply cannot keep up with demand right now.

There were some great articles after the 2008-09 shortage on why ammo plants just cant 'crank more out.' Their raw materials are bough 1-2 years out based on historical demand timelines (which are very consistent, year over year, up until recently). They cant just bust out raw materials for copper, gunpowder, lead on a whim. It takes planning & time to mine, refine, ship, etc from all over the world. As in many industries, most ammo mfrs use just in time delivery....look at the earthquake in Japan & the effect on the auto mfrs...they couldn't get a seat for a Toyota, as the seat plant was damaged (or some component) so the whole production is stopped. Happened last year w/ the flooding in Thailand. Prices for Hard drives went thru the roof. Ends up all our hard drives are made in just a few plants there.
If anyone was on these forums back in 08-09, you only have yourself to blame if you find yourself affected by any upcoming shortage, real or not. We've had enough time to stash away a bit...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top