Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ammo Shipping Made Easy

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Liberty, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Liberty

Liberty ..\. Member

2. rkalbiar

rkalbiar Salem, Oregon Active Member

Very cool. Thanks!

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Thanks! Copied to ammunition classifieds and stickied, but I will leave it here as well

4. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Good post!

Just an FYI, UPS will accept other ORM-D classifications, it must say ORM D and be of a certain size, ~2.5x1.5 IIRC, it does not have to say "small arms cartridges" however it cannot say "Consumer commodity". At my former company we shipped large quantities of ammo, everything from pallets all the way down to a single box. Everything got stuck with an ORM-D sticker, but it said neither small arms cartridges nor consumer commodity, the main reason for this, we found pilferage (theft) went up with the small-arms label.

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

You do not HAVE to take it to a UPS/FedEx shipping facility (stores do not belong to UPS and won't tale your ammo). But, you can request/schedule a pickup at your home or place of business for a small fee. In my case, the fee is a lot less than my time and gas expense.

6. Liberty

Liberty ..\. Member

.... civilian75 and AMProducts. I'm looking into the labeling and size questions.
    I've updated the pdf file to include a home pickup link.
    Thanks guys...