JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People in California are reportedly stockpiling ammunition ahead of a new state law that will put stricter regulations on their purchases.
Hmm, in relation to guns, I've come to understand the MSM's use of that word to mean buying normal amounts. Thought Kalifornians would be buying more ammo than usual.:confused:
The screening was created to keep ammunition out of the hands of felons or people with illegal firearms, according to the site.
This "screening" will not keep one single round out of these people's hands, just increase its street value, while further burdening law-abiding citizens.
Supporters say the measure will close loopholes.
Hooray, closing more of those nasty gun loopholes. But I guess they consider the 2A a loophole in Kalifornia.

Yep and again the gun owners in that state refused to step up in force. Millions of them, yet trying to get them to vote together? Like herding cats. No doubt a lot of them still don't even know this law is coming. When they find out? It will be someone else's fault.

Meanwhile in Washington, folks are almost certainly doubling down on purchases of semi-automatic rifles and stripped lowers before the end of the month. The anti-2a crowd will be crowing July 1st, but the I-1639 fiasco has yet to fully unfold.

If anyone wants to watch the preview of what Washington's movie will look like just look at California's gun ban playbook from 1989 to 2019. In order to prevent this from being our movie we need to donate to SAF and tell our friends and neighbors why gun control is pointless and only turns honest citizens into victims at the mercy of criminals.

With regard to California someone correct me IF I am wrong but I read on another forum there are several legal 'details' that are not yet in place for this to happen on July 1st.
I do not know the specifics but it sounded like a 'cart before the horse' scenario with regard to the logistics of all of it and that it is not at all ready for implementation.

My Brother lives behind enemy lines, and has been stocking up his ammo stores the last few years, ramping it up recently before the prices start climbing! He also hinted at a known black market up and running to supply ammo from neighboring states!

I started stockpiling ammo 15 years ago when I noticed the price was rising and expected it to continue rising. Back then I could get a 100 rd box of Win 9mm for 9 bucks. Then 10, then 11, then 12. I would buy a few boxes every time I was at Wally World to beat the rising prices. It paid off. I still have ammo that I paid almost half the price of what it cost today.

Last Edited:
It was the same when the Hicap mag ban went into effect in CA. A brief pause while people figured things out then the mags started flowing back into CA. First as contraband mags just brought over the stateline by vacationers etc. then , my favorite, magazine repair kits. Everything you needed to fix your magazine in one package. Spring, follower, body and baseplate.
If Californians were as clever at fighting these crap laws as they were at getting around them, those laws would never have been enacted in the first place.

LMAO.....
6.5 Grendel score_2019_001.jpg

Geno

This reminds me, I need some more supplies, lowers and whatever else. Maybe some more raw stock for when I want another Form1.

Gotta stock up on round stock it may be illegal one day.

Yep and again the gun owners in that state refused to step up in force. Millions of them, yet trying to get them to vote together? Like herding cats. No doubt a lot of them still don't even know this law is coming. When they find out? It will be someone else's fault.

Gun owners and shooters are way, way outnumbered in California by persons (voters) with, shall we say without using the dreaded labels, of differing political persuasions. If any apathy has been shown by gun owners, it is because they know they are outnumbered and doomed. Wrong-minded politicians get elected there time and time again. You cannot say, "If only gun owners would vote the rascals out. " They can't; the rascals of a certain party are dug in deep in California and have been for quite a long time. In essence, an opposition party has ceased to exist there. Washington state isn't far behind.

Wrong-headed includes the idea that sweeping laws trying to control ammunition in California have any basis in practicality. The political boundaries of the state are not controlled in a way that would preclude smuggling. Yes, a few idiots will get caught be accident. And as time goes by, some will be ratted out by informants, much like the resistance in France during WW2.

Dating ammunition is problematic so identifying pre- and post- July 1st ammo is futile and won't be pursued in anything less than a homicide case. If idiots don't remove printed lot numbers from ammo boxes, they will make it easier.

What a state of affairs.

Gun owners and shooters are way, way outnumbered in California by persons (voters) with, shall we say without using the dreaded labels, of differing political persuasions. If any apathy has been shown by gun owners, it is because they know they are outnumbered and doomed.

This excuse is used all the time. I know the truth is hard to hear but this excuse does nothing. Those who really believe everything is some billionaire, or we are just outnumbered are deluding themselves. Anyone who really believes this needs to stop complaining and just go along with all new gun laws since they are saying there is no hope. The truth is a huge number of gun owners either can't be bothered, or actually support the people who are trying to take their rights away. The we are outnumbered horse manure is especially bitter to those who in states like CA really are fighting. Ask them and they will tell you they could work wonders with a couple million voters who would vote as a block. The we are outnumbered can't be bothered. Boy they can sure scream when they discover some new law went in while they ignored it though.

This excuse is used all the time. I know the truth is hard to hear but this excuse does nothing. Those who really believe everything is some billionaire, or we are just outnumbered are deluding themselves. Anyone who really believes this needs to stop complaining and just go along with all new gun laws since they are saying there is no hope. The truth is a huge number of gun owners either can't be bothered, or actually support the people who are trying to take their rights away. The we are outnumbered horse manure is especially bitter to those who in states like CA really are fighting. Ask them and they will tell you they could work wonders with a couple million voters who would vote as a block. The we are outnumbered can't be bothered. Boy they can sure scream when they discover some new law went in while they ignored it though.

I'm not buying it. Taking your example of California, as of Feb. 2019, there were just about 20 million registered voters in the state. If you were able to assemble your theoretical two million pro-gun voters in a bloc, it wouldn't be enough. Because the results of elections going back for more than two decades demonstrate that a majority of those 20 million registered voters who voted clearly "went the other way." That is, mostly for a party that isn't known for supporting gun issues. As of Nov. 2018, there were approx. 8.5 million (D) registered and 4.7 (R). And get this, 6.4 million (Other) for party affiliation. There's your 20 million, with a participation rate of 64.5% or 12.7 million votes actually cast. Obviously, not all voters who are registered actually vote. Older voters who are (R) tend to vote more reliably. But now we have lots of young hot-leads who never fail to vote (D) so there is no reliable science as to how the two major sides turn out. The voters who are registered as (Other), who are they? Well, lots of people like to register without party affiliation. Then there are the Green Party and Peace and Freedom Party which are anti-gun. There is the Libertarian Party, who support the 2A. But 6.4 million are a lot of jokers in the deck. If all the (D) voted anti-gun, and all the (R) voted pro-gun (very big assumptions but just for the sake of argument), you'd lose right there, not counting all the potential 6.4 (Other) voters to poop on your 2 million pro-gun organized bloc. Assuming equal proportions of the actual voter turn-out which is all we can go by.

The (Other) registered voters who didn't affiliate with a minor party are called independent voters in California. Of the independents, recent survey information is that 43% lean (D), 29 % lean (R) and 28% considered themselves to be truly independent.

Do not make assumptions about older voters who tend to vote (R). Many have concerns about safety to their persons, often vote pro-law and order, often assume any gun control measure is "reasonable" and are not reliable as (R) voters are often thought to be.

And to get those two million yes votes for guns, there are myriad reasons it won't happen. Top of the list, human nature. Then the pie chart shows lots of little reasons people don't vote. Some gun owners just don't have the same passion as others. I feel the pain too. But the results we see in Calif. and Wash. with the same minded politicians being returned to office again and again just doesn't auger well for the future. It isn't most gun owners who are returning those same people to office.

Oh, what about Arnold Schwarznegger, wasn't he an (R)? Yes, but one of convenience and not of any particular conviction. He got in there on the coat-tails of a disgraced previous (D) governor and lots of people voted for Arnold out of personality culture.

Those who really believe everything is some billionaire,

The effect of the massive amount of money donated to the anti-gun campaigns in Washington state can't be denied. 2A Foundation, Forbes magazine and other sources have credited the avalanche of cash as contributing to the success of the recent anti-gun measures. Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer, Nick Hanauer, even Michael Bloomberg have contributed a combined multi-million dollars for anti-gun causes in Wash. That kind of money buys a lot of propaganda. And some people might say it buys votes on the state supreme court but I'd never say that, no.

But the real mover of public opinion is the invocation of words such as, "reasonable" and "common sense" when presenting anti-gun arguments. There are camps of hard-liners on both sides of any election. It is the undecided voters in the middle who tend to swing elections. Since surveys show that gun owning households are in a minority, we can assume that a large number of the middle voters are not gun owners. So they don't have a dog in the fight; they hear the word, "reasonable," they figure, "Why not vote for it? What will it hurt?" The idea of limiting the powers of tyrannical government couldn't be farther from their minds.

Gun owners and shooters are way, way outnumbered in California by persons (voters) with, shall we say without using the dreaded labels, of differing political persuasions. If any apathy has been shown by gun owners, it is because they know they are outnumbered and doomed. Wrong-minded politicians get elected there time and time again. You cannot say, "If only gun owners would vote the rascals out. " They can't; the rascals of a certain party are dug in deep in California and have been for quite a long time. In essence, an opposition party has ceased to exist there. Washington state isn't far behind.

Wrong-headed includes the idea that sweeping laws trying to control ammunition in California have any basis in practicality. The political boundaries of the state are not controlled in a way that would preclude smuggling. Yes, a few idiots will get caught be accident. And as time goes by, some will be ratted out by informants, much like the resistance in France during WW2.

Dating ammunition is problematic so identifying pre- and post- July 1st ammo is futile and won't be pursued in anything less than a homicide case. If idiots don't remove printed lot numbers from ammo boxes, they will make it easier.

What a state of affairs.
"The chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall" is what it will come down to. Once they start state border check points it will be game over. Unfortunately I believe that the three stooges (CA/OR/WA gov's) are plotting for some sort of uniform legislative authority amongst the three states. There is also a bigger cabal afoot.
Oops, time for tin foil...:mad:

"The chair is against the wall, the chair is against the wall" is what it will come down to. Once they start state border check points it will be game over. Unfortunately I believe that the three stooges (CA/OR/WA gov's) are plotting for some sort of uniform legislative authority amongst the three states. There is also a bigger cabal afoot.
Oops, time for tin foil...:mad:
Please
Not secession again.

The more liberal politicians try to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights, the more CA shooters will be willing to break their UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS to ensure we can still bear arms, and shoot them as we see fit. Many have huge stockpiles of both weapons and ammo, and getting ammo from out of state will still be a simple matter of picking some up and bringing it home. CA just doesn't have the funds to put armed agents (and they will need to be armed) to inspect every single vehicle entering CA from OR, NV, and AZ. Maybe they can put some illegal immigrants to work doing that-lol.

Geno

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top