Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ammo Safe

Discussion in 'Ammunition Classifieds' started by gr84x4, May 17, 2010.

1. gr84x4

gr84x4 Oregon New Member

This is a commercial American Security Products dual custody safe (4 digit combo and key required). It is a UL listed (TL-15) safe. I think there is a fire rating, but not sure what it is. The exterior dimensions are 25" wide, 25" high, 19" deep. The door is made from 1" solid steel. Based on the weight, I think the body is twice that thick. I am not sure how heavy it is, but I am unable to rock it or budge it alone.

This would be great for ammo/reloading materials. It appears that a shelf can be added.

This cost over $2000 new. We outgrew this safe and the company that delivered the new said I should be able to get $550, with a $75 charge to move (in town). I thought I would offer it here to someone for $425 obo. I can help move it if needed, however a low trailer or something with a ramp may be helpful.

I may be interested in a trade. O/U shotguns or 1911's...

AS1.jpg

AS2.jpg

AS3.jpg

2. Ammo Can Sales

Ammo Can Sales Tigard Member

Are you interested in a trade for nice ammo cans?

3. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Can you take the door off easily, to make it lighter to move? Thanks.

4. harleyvrodguy

harleyvrodguy Portland Member

Where are you?

5. gr84x4

gr84x4 Oregon New Member

No, I do not think the door comes off that easy, but then again I have not tried.

I am located in Eugene.

6. Wedgehead

Wedgehead Behind the Redwood Curtain Member

If it is like most safes, the door should lift right off. The hinges are designed to support the door, not offer any security. It is the tumblers that engage the door frame that make it secure, and yes, I did learn this the hard way, thank you.

7. gr84x4

gr84x4 Oregon New Member

It looks like there are some allen screws that come out and allow the door to lift off.

8. BendXD

BendXD Bend OR New Member

PM Sent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.