JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was looking for an Ammo Safe for a while now and for the money the Ammo Can was about the only thing out there I found for $425 to $475. But Costco has a Liberty safe on sale for $399. Much more secure than the Can. Only slightly less cu. ft. Even has a mirror so you can do your makeup while selecting what caliber you are going to shoot that day. Safe2.jpg Safe1.jpg

What does it weigh? I am in the market for an Ammo Can and was actually going to pick one up within the next two weeks. Color me intrigued!

So I was looking for an Ammo Safe for a while now and for the money the Ammo Can was about the only thing out there I found for $425 to $475. But Costco has a Liberty safe on sale for $399. Much more secure than the Can. Only slightly less cu. ft. Even has a mirror so you can do your makeup while selecting what caliber you are going to shoot that day.

NICE!! Great little safe for the cash. May have to take the Wife to CostCo :)

I thought the Ammo Can to be over priced for what they are as well. I bought a used safe and gutted it of the shelves, brackets and tracks. I then had metal frames built and recessed 3/4" Birch Plywood in the frames, and set the shelf height (also out of 3/4" Birch Ply) based on 10 retail boxes high. The same for Ammo Cans on the lower shelves. I've been real happy with it at a cost of $700 total

I agree that the Can is overpriced. Thus the hesitation to buy it. The mod I did to the Costco safe was add LED lighting and take the two little drawers that were on the top out and put in another shelf.

I thought the Ammo Can to be over priced for what they are as well. I bought a used safe and gutted it of the shelves, brackets and tracks. I then had metal frames built and recessed 3/4" Birch Plywood in the frames, and set the shelf height (also out of 3/4" Birch Ply) based on 10 retail boxes high. The same for Ammo Cans on the lower shelves. I've been real happy with it at a cost of $700 total

Liberty in Hubbard told me since I bought a safe from them the Ammo Can would be $399.

I would take them up on that deal. Tell them, make it two. Let me know when I can come to your place/pay you, and to pick up the 2nd one :)

That's a great deal on the safe.
My safe is getting too crowded and I need another one, or an additional one.
I have been using my old stack on rifle safe for a ammo safe, but I have to stack it high

I don't think that any of the safes discussed could hold all of my ammo. I need a room sized safe - lol. Currently my ammo pretty much fills a double wide closet. I had to spread it out due to floor loading concerns.

That's a really nice safe for the price.

I use an older cash safe, it can't fit rifles or shotguns.

If I bought a second safe for ammo, it start as an ammo safe, it would not end as an ammo safe.

If on a budget, and space/structure allows, consider a construction site style "job" type box.

More useable space, easier to move (empty) than a typical safe, can be bolted to a floor or studs.

Of course layered security is always best anyways, as "job boxes" are easier to get into...still takes the dirtbags time, that's where layered security wins. Let them waste time on something less valuable than the firearms collection/PMs or whatever else is in the true safe.

Job boxes are handier for storing bulk ammo vs a few boxes of various specialty stuff in each and every caliber, just due to there lateral vs horizontal layout of safes.

So I was looking for an Ammo Safe for a while now and for the money the Ammo Can was about the only thing out there I found for $425 to $475. But Costco has a Liberty safe on sale for $399. Much more secure than the Can. Only slightly less cu. ft. Even has a mirror so you can do your makeup while selecting what caliber you are going to shoot that day. View attachment 562108 View attachment 562109

Thanks for sharing. I hope you didn't leave it intentionally empty to gain sympathy from us so we will pitch in to help you properly stock it.

This is most of mine sitting on pallet shelves that I made - 2 deep and a pile that needs sorting. Missed one row in closet. Wooden box is moisture proofed and full too. Reloading materials are stored elsewhere.
P3240003.JPG P3240004.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads