JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never spent a dime in Security Store, never will. Prices are insane, the place is a pigsty, help is non existent, and Willamette Valley Arms is a couple miles away, BiMart even closer.

It was gratifying to walk into a BiMart yesterday and buy a box of American Eagle .22 LR for $19.49/400. The last one I bought was last Fall for $17.97/400.

Its coming back around. It will take time.

And I am grateful that I haven't had to deal with those businesses or some of our so-called brothers that will never really get the notion of a shooting "community".

You are who you are and what you are.

And I am grateful that I haven't had to deal with those businesses or some of our so-called brothers that will never really get the notion of a shooting "community".

You are who you are and what you are.

What I really hate are the bubblegums who joined sometime this month. With about 4 posts....and they are all in the classifieds selling overpriced ammo.

Sometimes I wish we had a minimum post or like count before you can start selling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

What I really hate are the bubblegums who joined sometime this month. With about 4 posts....and they are all in the classifieds selling overpriced ammo.

Sometimes I wish we had a minimum post or like count before you can start selling.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I've been on forums that require 100 posts to sell, and others that required 100 posts to view the "For Sale" area. Didn't bother me a bit.

I was at BiMart tonight because it's lucky number Tuesday and as always I went to look that the usually empty ammo shelves. I was pleasantly surprised to see a clerk stocking the shelves. I bought 2 boxes of CCI Mini-Mags, 100 rounds for $6.69 each. So the price has gone up a whole $.20. I also bought a box of 380 for $16.97 for a friend. Felt like I had almost won the lottery.

Managed to be first in line with the wife at our local Walmart earlier tonight at 9:00 . . . . manager wheeled the cart out, two cases (two packs in each) of M22, and a ton of 12 gage. She bought two, I bought two, and we're goin' plinking tomorrow. Screw the gougers

I've been to the Security Store three times.

First time was in early 2009. I had barely just moved here by then, and I was checking out every store even against the recommendation of others who had been there before. I had to have my own perspective.

Overpriced due to the Obama election, nothing moving. Shelves were stocked, but prices were 50-100% higher than they should have been. Bought nothing.

Second time... About a year ago. I was trying to buy a house around the corner, got there early, waiting for the realtor to show up... Prices sucked. Bought nothing.

Third time... Few months ago. Roomie needed an ammo can. They had none. I still bought nothing. (The little that they had was overpriced).

My coworker swears by the place, saying that they are great. He has told me stories about pistol whipping a cop and not spending a minute in jail as well... So I'll call BS on anything he has to say.

Third time... Few months ago. Roomie needed an ammo can. They had none. I still bought nothing. (The little that they had was overpriced).
you should've stopped at Andy and Bax on Grand Avenue..yeah prices are a little high on ammo cans there, but definitely better than some places...and they always seem to have ammo cans of various sizes (never did find the specific ones I wanted...)
My coworker swears by the place, saying that they are great. He has told me stories about pistol whipping a cop and not spending a minute in jail as well... So I'll call BS on anything he has to say.

oh I agree about the BS thing as well.....

Don't forget to pick up a few other things while at Bimart...they are an employee owned joint.
--no affiliation, just a fan of the place.

Went to Bimart to pick up a few things about a month ago and then was going to Home Depot to buy a new lawnmower, electric chainsaw, propane tank and other assorted items. Never made it to Home Depot. Bimart had everything I was going to purchase at or a lower price than Home Depot and had a friendly chat with the clerk at the gun counter. Saved on gas too not running around all over the place. I am going to give them first shot at my money from now on, I like the fact they are employee owned.

Was in Bi-Mart at 5 pm today. They had about 10 boxes of AE FMJ .223 at $8.97, and a couple boxes of Remington .223 HP at $17.98. They had a whole case of .45 Auto and lots of .243. The clerk said they had about 20 boxes of 525 count .22LR yesterday. Looks like things are coming back into stock.

I was in MK Tactical on Main St in Hillsboro yesterday and noticed that they have a pretty good variety of pistol ammo, most of which is self defense rounds. A bit higher priced than before the shortage, but at least it's there.

Sent from my laptop in my living room (-;

I can still cast and load 9mm for about $4.50 a box of 50 rounds. It is a light weight puny round that uses very little lead and powder. Thing is it reminds me of a Bee hive once it starts.
Silver Hand

Still possible using Wolf primers, if you can get 'em. I use red dot for my el cheapo .380, 9mm and 38 Special loads, great for hideout guns target shooting

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top