JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a nice change of pace. I've been checking every few days and hadn't seen any.

The trick is to get there just after opening. I got lucky Monday on a day of vacation, but I really can't burn all my vacation time looking for ammo. I got back to work Tuesday, and shared the policy with my co-workers (we all shoot). We wound up forming an office "pool" where each day we can work it, a couple of us hit a nearby BiMart at opening while the others cover. Basically, those that go are taking an early lunch. We give a call to the others from the store to see if there is anything we can pick up that we didn't already purchase. It's still a crap shoot, but I've been able to get 100 rounds of 9mm Tuesday and today another 525 rounds of 22 LR this way.

Was at Bi-Mart (NE Portland) yesterday. Went in about 9:30 a.m. and they had 2 boxes of 9mm (1,000 rounds) for $239 ea and a dozen or so of Remington 525 rounds 22lr at $18.79 a box. I asked for a box of 22 and a box of 9mm, guy behind the counter said new policy and I could only have one box a day regardless of caliber ( I took the 22lr).

Hmmmm, used to be two boxes....anyway; went home, got the Supreme Commander and lo and behold she wanted a box of 9mm. Nice to see they had some ammo as haven't had any (or much) for quite a few weeks. I also give them props for pricing. Finally have to find it hard to argue on the 1 box limits so that others can get some too. Said they are trying to stop the guys that come in buy several boxes and then try to resll at inflated prices.

I shop at the Security Store once and a while. They actually have decent prices on some of the gear and accessories. Like any other buisness they are charging what they have to for what they have. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. No need to come blast them on the forum as gougers. Did you guys ever stop to think that the reason that we keep seeing "Bi-mart has great prices" is because they also sell hundreds of other types of products and that ammunition is a small enough section they can take a loss?

This site gets more and more crotchety old cry babies every day.

Just got off the phone with a friend, He just spoke to me about the local gun shop buying up all the lower priced ammo at Bi Mart and selling it to the public at four times the price.
He had been doing it for a wile when Bi Mart finally caught on they let him buy one box of .223s and sent him packing.
He was later seen scanning the local Wal-Mart Store in the ammunition section. That was yesterday afternoon. By the way I saw three AR type rifles in the rack one a .22 cal. And two .223s for under one thousand dollars.
Silver Hand

I liked the security store when they opened, they had some good rifles. always over priced but I could walk out with what I wanted that day so worth an few extra bucks. when they lost their ffl it kinda hurt them so they got a little greedy on prices I think.
discount gun sales is the worst gouger though. glock23 for the low price of only $750? really? I wont buy doodoo from them again.
nw armory has good deals on most things, not so much on ammo right now but they have the good stuff and at decent prices for the most part. and Curts?
well Curt stayed true to his values through this whole over inflated gun/ammo thing I think, I like ol'curt but he wouldn't take my money for a noveske build last week so I had to go buy the upper and stripped lower from nw armory. I always like to give Curt my money but had to have my noveske upper so nw armory got my money. I did notice curts ammo was a little pricey last week though. Good thing about curt is he will change a build to add the parts you want and buy back the stuff you don't want so your not stuck with extra parts.

Don't forget to pick up a few other things while at Bimart...they are an employee owned joint.
--no affiliation, just a fan of the place.

$18.50 for 20 rounds is not equal to .925 cents per round. It is equal to 92.5 cents per round. If it were .925 cents per round, I'd buy 10000 rounds. Basic math people.

I think a well Informed consumer should share info . I personally do not buy from burners . I also buy bulk in most items that I can when I can . I just feel bad for the guys just trying to take there kids shooting . I been that guy .

I traded some .22 to a guy for 9mm on here. It wasn't a large trade but I had a lot of .22 and needed 9mm, he the opposite. He said he really wanted to take his kid shooting because he just got him a 10/22 and he was old enough and ready to go shooting. He couldn't find even a box anywhwre else that wasn't through the roof priced. I feel like not shooting at all to conserve ammo for when my son's are ready to start shooting. Although I feel like this is going to pass, you never know what's around the corner..................It fricken sucks!

Just don't buy the scalper's prices and stop whining

In the beginning of this panic the whining was annoying and useless. Now that ammo is returning to the shelves this info is good. Informed patient folks that avoid the crazy prices will bring all the prices lower. By all means keep posting prices high and not so high! The whining is still just as annoying though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top