JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I drove by the Security Store in Hillsboro this afternoon.The neon sign out front said they have .223 and .22 in stock.I called them and they want $18.50 for 20 rnds of .223 = .925 cents a round and the .22 was $18.50 for a box of 50=.37 cents a round! Unbelievable....The more we all refrain from buying at these crazy ripoff prices the quicker things will settle down and get back to normal.Take note of these gougers so when the prices come down we all know who NOT to buy from.Just my 2 cents worth

I've bothered to stop in there 3 times since they opened. I never found a reason to reach for my wallet. I can drive by the neon sign and flashing lights on the ad truck without even flinching:)

I drove by the Security Store in Hillsboro this afternoon.The neon sign out front said they have .223 and .22 in stock.I called them and they want $18.50 for 20 rnds of .223 = .925 cents a round and the .22 was $18.50 for a box of 50=.37 cents a round! Unbelievable....The more we all refrain from buying at these crazy ripoff prices the quicker things will settle down and get back to normal.Take note of these gougers so when the prices come down we all know who NOT to buy from.Just my 2 cents worth

Thanks for the heads up Bmont. I have driven by there a few times and thought about stopping but I will probably not bother now.

As long as the politicians don't start talking public safety ammo tax law, things will get back to normal real soon. I'm sure a lot of folks have more ammo stockpiled than ever before and seeing it back on the shelves high priced or not will have a calming effect. Soon the hoarders will be selling off their excess as well and this will bring prices closer to normal.

Then again what do I know?

As long as the politicians don't start talking public safety ammo tax law, things will get back to normal real soon. I'm sure a lot of folks have more ammo stockpiled than ever before and seeing it back on the shelves high priced or not will have a calming effect. Soon the hoarders will be selling off their excess as well and this will bring prices closer to normal.

Then again what do I know?

All you have to do is take one look at the Rifle classifieds adds, pleading for your investment capitol. The Bomb has been dropped.
By-Mart- Net net net da knee net - By Mart, Always first to back the American Rifleman. I wish they would sell pistols like they did in the old days. A man never knew what Jules were going to be in the case from week to week. Bi Mart - Always sold about wholesale to the public.
Best sporting goods supplier [ In the Nation ] I have ever seen. Count on it!

Silver Hand

I went there a while ago for the first time. I asked them about ammo, there price on 54r was 130 for a 440 round tin, not terrible. I almost fell over when they told me the price of 223. I made it a point to mention to them that gun buyers remember price jackers and give return biz to the good guys. The "manager" rolled his eyes and said they were paying high prices too. I said "ok buddy" giggled and walked out. We all need to boycott gougers like these, they'll get the point when they have 2 customers a day. Seriously, no true NWF guy should spend a dime there! We have our power in where we choose to shop. I say no Security Store.

Soooo

Why come here to complain?

Just don't buy if you think it's too high, others may want to pay that price.

Why Not deen? It gives others who have never been there "such as myself" a heads up that its a waist of fuel and time if considering a trip there. I have no problem with and appreciate it. If you don't like the fact that he's letting others know that the guys a rip off artist, gouger, or even a snake oil salesman, that's cool and your opinion. But why come here to his post and complain? Just read and move on:s0112:. Anyone buying at that price would be a fool, and we all know what they say about a fool and his money.

I went to NW armory the other day and about fell over . They had 5.56 for a buck a round . And had a bunch . Heck they had a ton of everything except 22. I asked the guy behind the counter why the high prices . He promptly told me it was in line with the current environment . I got aggravated and said it is only because of places like this jacking shooters . He asked where I could find it cheaper . I just so happened to of bought ammo from three other places and had the receipts in my billfold . I showed him . He no longer wanted to talk. I am not trying to bash them because a lot of places are making a killing on the mania . How ever I was there to buy a vortex pst 6-24-50 scope and rings which is about a 1k worth of purchase . Well lets just say I told the fellow to put it back . I went to another place where they do not mark up drastically and made my purchase . I am now a happy guy ....

consumers should just vote with their feet and quit bubbleguming. The only decent prices I have ever seen at NW Armory is there leaders. The Security Store has always been high. Every gun shop in PDX has a history and they are consistent in their practices. I remember back in 1994 when the Ban came and the same bubbleguming was about the same and after the ban was in effect the consumers went back to the gougers. Smith & Wesson and Ruger were principal players in that ban and look at them now. They are the largest sellers in the business. Ammo consumers are like Gasoline consumers . . . . . . they buy on price alone and have no long term memory.

I think a well Informed consumer should share info . I personally do not buy from burners . I also buy bulk in most items that I can when I can . I just feel bad for the guys just trying to take there kids shooting . I been that guy .

I agree 347. I have a memory that's as long as a politicians career and I'll go on saying what the hell I want about those retailers that took full advantage. I didn't need rounds because I learned long ago. I probably wont need any more for the rest of my life, that said there are those that are just coming into the shooting sports due to the hysteria that this created and may think this is the norm. Oh there's a new normal alright but it isn't $100 a thousand for .22's and it isn't a buck a stick for .223.
BI-mart in LC had 1k of .223 brass 55 gr. TONIGHT for $369. Hmmm. That's where the loyalty's at and those that bought high hoping to turn a buck,, guess what?:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top