JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I expected the majority on the court to uphold the Constitution. The least they can do is tell us why not?
Sadly that is not the way it works much any more. Black robes can do as they please as long as voters allow it. There has long been a heavy push from voters to give up the rights in that document. All too many people are more than glad to be able to tell those who do not want freedom what to do. A lot of it stems from poor choices. People make poor choices because they have freedom. After making a mess they wants gov to come along and clean it up. Cost? A little less freedom. Look how many gladly say take some freedom for the promise to take care of me? Once this gets started those hungry for power do not easily give any of it back. :(

Yup. I've been thinking this for a long time now.

They will one day seek to regulate ammo like pseudoephedrine. Some states already do.
Well Oregon deregulated psudoephedrine on Jan 1 2022. It is something I complained to my representatives about. It works really well for me when I have a cold and the replacements don't. I pointed out that it made no sense that I could go to jail for psudophed but would just get a ticket for straight up meth. Apparently I wasn't the only one complaining and the Oregon legislature removed the rules.

Well Oregon deregulated psudoephedrine on Jan 1 2022. It is something I complained to my representatives about. It works really well for me when I have a cold and the replacements don't. I pointed out that it made no sense that I could go to jail for psudophed but would just get a ticket for straight up meth. Apparently I wasn't the only one complaining and the Oregon legislature removed the rules.
Sounds like for once they used some common sense. That is rare. Wife and I both suffer from sinus headaches now and then. When they hit that is the only thing that works. This state did the same thing, made it a huge PITA to buy rather than just punish the scum. While back some moron law maker was asked and his brilliant answer was it should be by prescription only. 🤬

I've been expecting this for a while. I'm stacking $100-150 a month and will keep doing that. I'm sure there are many who will say "That's all?" but it keeps ahead of my usage and I'm building it up.

I'm also paying cash. I love that my local BiMart has a credit union ATM in the parking lot. Hit the ATM, hit the sporting goods counter and I'm on my way. So long as BiMart doesn't do facial recognition, no one will know who I am. If I was more paranoid, I'd hit the OnPoint credit union in south Salem on Commercial. If asked "Honestly officer, I blew all that cash on lap dances at the nudie bar next door." I'd be golden as long as they don't ask there if they've ever seen me ;-)

Sounds like for once they used some common sense. That is rare. Wife and I both suffer from sinus headaches now and then. When they hit that is the only thing that works. This state did the same thing, made it a huge PITA to buy rather than just punish the scum. While back some moron law maker was asked and his brilliant answer was it should be by prescription only. 🤬
Yeah to take it a bit more down the path of the thread jack....
I'm don't have an addictive personality / mental state. I have zero worries about getting addicted. I hate that Dr's are now stingy with the good stuff after surgery because the DEA has them all scared. The ATF isn't the only three letter agency that sucks.

Yeah to take it a bit more down the path of the thread jack....
I'm don't have an addictive personality / mental state. I have zero worries about getting addicted. I hate that Dr's are now stingy with the good stuff after surgery because the DEA has them all scared. The ATF isn't the only three letter agency that sucks.
That too is another great example of it. I take oxi for my back now and then. It works wonderfully when I need it. They have of course made it very hard for my Doc to prescribe due to abuse. Meanwhile bodies are piling up from Fentynal and the same law makers act like its not happening and have no answer for that. 🤬

All I know for sure beyond all the rumors and speculation is the ATF cashed my check for the renewal of my Class 06 FFL. Presumably that means I can keep doing what I do for the next 3 years. Powder and primers are coming back and the only real hang up I have is the not that common brass from Starline.

Why? I can't imagine why they would make any form of grandfathering rules. Ammunition is expendable, not durable. They're counting on us using it up.
My plan is to not use very much of what I have (80K+ rounds) until I have to.

What "they" will probably add in (sooner or later) is a size limitation on the amount you can have or store - probably as a "fire safety" justification.

Which means all internet ammo sales have to ship to an FFL.
Many either were not shooting then or just forgot that for a long time the common folk could not just order ammo. Had to have an FFL and to buy hand gun ammo the FFL had to keep a log they filled out with your information when you bought it. I have been kind of surprised it took them this long to push going back to that.

Many either were not shooting then or just forgot that for a long time the common folk could not just order ammo. Had to have an FFL and to buy hand gun ammo the FFL had to keep a log they filled out with your information when you bought it. I have been kind of surprised it took them this long to push going back to that.
Or the third choice, I've loading my own ammo all along to the point that most of my guns have never had any other than my ammo in them.

Or the third choice, I've loading my own ammo all along to the point that most of my guns have never had any other than my ammo in them.
Oh give them time, one of them will say hold my beer and watch this. They will then put restrictions on those "dangerous" people who were loading their own ammo, can't have that. If a lot of gun owners do not wake the F up they are going to find its real hard to turn this thing around. :(

No, I don't believe that. I'm a good guy that happens to own guns. I'm on the neighborhood watch, and sit down once a month with my local deputies for coffee. As well as being a range officer and teach marksmanship and hand gun familiarity. You can hang your head in shame because of what you think "they" think of you, but I'm not that guy.
Yer not getting it...
THEY loathe and despise you
You own guns
THEY claim that makes you insane
You are stable and pragmatic
THEY lie about your actions
You are a good guy
THEY call you a child murderer
You are kind and helpful
THEY "know" you want to kill everyone
You want people to enjoy their lives
THEY say you are ugly and hateful
I say you don't get it
That makes you part of the problem
You refuse to believe how wrong THEY are
THEY are winning

Joe

6662CCAE-1744-4D73-866D-51D5D0585D75.jpeg

You are right I am part of their problem, They are mad at me on so many levels gun ownership being just one of those levels. They are mad at me for being a White Christian Heterosexual, Conservative Man that is strong in his beliefs and forthright in his speech. I am not one of them. You on the other hand Joe, are well versed in everything wrong with me and my kind. It's almost like you are one of "them". So other than pointing out my many and obvious faults what are you offering as a solution to this problem.

Jebus. So many generalities and unfactual claims. More mass shootings are used by semiautomatic rifles - often bought legally. Hmm. How much more mass shooters? How much more often? Are they the majority? Does it include gang/criminal on criminal shootings? Terrorists attacks?

These opinion pieces should require at least a Guns 101 level of facts and bias. Just a thought. Could locking up criminals save as many lives as not selling bullets to law abiding citizens 🤔

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top