JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just because all the bullets were pulled and the powder weighed doesn't mean the one that was fired wasn't double charged. I have been reloading for a glock and a springfield and have never had any problems whatsoever. It sounds to me like a bad reload and not the guns.

Prices That I Have seen Really Havent Gone up.. The Problem is... From wat Iv been Told and somewat seen... Is alot of people Are buying masses about of ammo and then Selling them To other people either to make a lil profit or something... Alot of Stores now like bi mart are only allowing people to buy a certian amount of ammo... Kinda blows but oh well...

well my wife works for BI MART and the reason the started putting limits on ammo is because they where having people waiting for the store to open and if there was anything on the shelf they would buy every thing ... THAT is the reason ammo and components where being limited. i believe thats the reason we are in such short supply .. panic. thankfully i haven't had to resort to that i have been reloadin for years and has enough to get by with .. Don

Just my 1&1/2 cents worth.......
We (wife shoots and reloads as well) reload for the pleasure , the cost savings, (limited) personal stockpiling AND for the possibility (probability) of the SHTF...

Over time we have acquired (and intend to continue acquiring) enough supplies IE; primers, brass, powder and bullets so in the possibility of the SHTF..... we will have some of the finest and most valuable "barter" items available. If the scenario never formulates, great! we just keep shooting and practicing and reloading and having fun, stockpiling only what we need.

And Yes, bartering ammo initially sounds "pretty dumb" I admit, however, I would exclusively only barter with our trusted friends and known associates (and only for the "finer" things we might either need or desire for our family and other friends) In that environment, it seems totally logical and appropriate.

Thoughts?

I reload. I don't do a lot and I don't save money. My loads may or may not be more accurate than factory. I don't care. I enjoy the reloading process and I enjoy shooting the ammo that I made. It is tedious and time consuming but, for me, it is part of what I enjoy about shooting.

I reload. I don't do a lot and I don't save money. My loads may or may not be more accurate than factory. I don't care. I enjoy the reloading process and I enjoy shooting the ammo that I made. It is tedious and time consuming but, for me, it is part of what I enjoy about shooting.

+1 to all of the above! :s0155:

OK.... Soo Can Someone Give me Some Good reloading machines? and Everything I need to start? Id like to keep it Kinda cheap at first until I figure out wat i am doing... Iv got alot of Once fired brass(.40 thats all I shoot)

OK.... Soo Can Someone Give me Some Good reloading machines? and Everything I need to start? Id like to keep it Kinda cheap at first until I figure out wat i am doing... Iv got alot of Once fired brass(.40 thats all I shoot)

My first question is how many rounds a week or month do you shoot? How much space do you have? Do you have plans for other calibers besides .40 ?

If you shoot 200 to 300 a month I would suggest the joy of the Lee Hand Press. Sitting around you can easily make 100 rounds in two hours. The whole package press, scale and die set probably is less than $100 to get started. Try midwayusa.com or Cabelas.com. From there you can move onto a different style press if you see the need.

Just my opinion based on my experience. I am sure you will get many good ideas.

Just do it! :)

I like .40 so that's all i shoot.. and yea about 200-300 rounds a month... I have a 2 bedroom apartment and I don't use the other room so i have a spare room.

I purchased the rockchucker starter kit by RCBS. It came with most everything you "need"(I put need in quotes because you will find many new gadgets you think you "need" as you progress in the hobby). It included the Speer #13 Reloading Manual which gives you step by step instructions on how to reload and what tools you will need to reload. I later purchased the Nosler Reloading Guide fifth edition which has some good pointers in it too. I would suggest getting one of these books first. Then pick your equipment. You may want to start with a single stage press to start just to see if you like it.

Another thing to consider is taking a class. I know a Jim Jacobe offers classes in Salem. You can find it here : <broken link removed>

This may be a good way to see if you like it.

Soo Iv been EVERYWHERE From here in Albany to Lebanon To Salem and No one has .40 Ammo.... Soo I was Thinking maybe it would just be easier to Reload my own? Wat Do you guys think?? Yea It may cost a lil more Maybe not.. I havent really Priced it... But If I do start Reloading... Wat All do I need to do it??? :confused:

Bi mart just had a cci load this week. I went in Friday and picked up 4 boxes of blazer brass.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top