JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 30 seconds of searching shows it might be aircraft MG ammo ( but doesnt really make sense because its in boxes )

For pretty much the same price you can buy new Garand specific ammo...this stuff is more "collectable" than "shooter" grade...while Ive shot thousands of rounds of surplus over the years, I'd be a little leary of running 80 year old, who knows how it was stored ammo through a gun that would cost almost a $1k to replace....

My 30 seconds of searching shows it might be aircraft MG ammo ( but doesnt really make sense because its in boxes )

For pretty much the same price you can buy new Garand specific ammo...this stuff is more "collectable" than "shooter" grade...while Ive shot thousands of rounds of surplus over the years, I'd be a little leary of running 80 year old, who knows how it was stored ammo through a gun that would cost almost a $1k to replace....
Makes a lot of sense

I thought something looked wrong with the packaging as far as it being WWII vintage. It looks like it would be Korean War era.
I thought something looked wrong with the packaging as far as it being WWII vintage. It looks like it would be Korean War era.
I've never seen the "AN" markings before. I'm sure I'm not going to shoot this thru my rifle, that took me a year or more to find lol!

AN (army/navy) is also intended for use with American provided small arms to allies it should be exactly what you need. M2 is the standardized round and downloaded for the M1.
M-1 is hotter and a boat tail round and AP is armor piercing.

Last Edited:
AN (army/navy) is also intended for use with American provided small arms to allies it should be exactly what you need. M2 is the standardized round and downloaded for the M1.
M-1 is hotter and a boat tail round and AP is armor piercing.
Thanks for the info. You think this stuff is "safe " to shoot thru my Garand? The seller is willing to come down on the price a bit

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top