JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I acquired a 100 round box of Coast to Coast .22s. It's in the original box with the label intact and fully readable, but the box has been opened.
The ammo inside is marked H for Hornady.

Does anyone know if the ammo, in the original box, is worth more than just retail shelf ammo at current prices?

I haven't seen a Coast to Coast store for many years.

Its worth maybe a couple bucks more then common fodder .22 Hornady doesn't make .22 ammo nor did they in the past. The H stamp was Winchesters nod to Henry they used it well into the 60's for sure on rimfire ammo.

After my move to Oregon, over the last month, I finally had a chance to find all my ammo that had been stored in a couple of places, in a couple locations. I am shocked at what I have. I found boxes of 7mag ammo with $7 price tages from a store that closed in the 60's. I still have a lot of ammo from the 50-60's. I have so many bricks of .22 I've stopped looking. I wouldn't by another brick if they offered it to me for under $20. I'll go to my grave with leftover ammo if I only shoot often. At todays prices, maybe it's time to sell some. Won a new .223, turns out I have plenty left over from a .223 XP-100 I owned. My biggest worry was finding 9mm so I can keep sharp on my carry weapon. Now I won't be worried for a couple of years.

Let's just say, I couldn't afford to buy today what I have in the safe.

Oregon has been good to me.

Thanks to all for your answers. I won't get too excited about it at all.

Story of my life thou....all the good stuff I had as a child was thrown away by my parents...as useless.....
My Roy Rogers two gun set, my early 1950s Comic Books(Lone Ranger, Texas Rangers, Green Hornet, Superman, etc.), my Lionel train set with all the extras and the second set of all Navy Lionel stuff.

Then there were the X wives...I'm not going to even go there...

Oh my friend, how I can relate. Just a couple if you will...my Creepy Crawler set from the 60's and my collection of 1930's milk bottle caps. I used to wear a two-gun rig out to dinner w/my parents, not Roy rogers, but two Colt 1873 look a likes...that loaded. Good times....

Oh my friend, how I can relate. Just a couple if you will...my Creepy Crawler set from the 60's and my collection of 1930's milk bottle caps. I used to wear a two-gun rig out to dinner w/my parents, not Roy rogers, but two Colt 1873 look a likes...that loaded. Good times....

I had those also....full size Colt replicas and the bullet and shell would come apart and a cap would fit inside each one.
Took that set on vacation with me in '57, all the way from the west coast to the east coast and back.
Looked like these...........no red plugs in those days.

Capgun_zpsb957acd8.jpg capgunbullets_zpseba44e38.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads