JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently finished building my 300 AAC Blackout and when I ordered it I purchased 250 rounds of ammo from Ozark Ordnance. When it finally arrived I proceeded to happily load mags and I went to chamber a round and it jammed in the breach. The bolt wouldn't close and I had to dismantle my rifle and pry the round out
"Ok just one bad round". NOPE! every damn round I tried did the same thing. So I bought a very expensive (comparatively) Remington box and they chambered and cycled just fine. Tried my friends Hornady, same thing. Chambered and cycled just fine.
I have tried to contact Ozark in 2 emails and 3 calls to no avail. The casing necks are too large and all 250 rounds are most likely the same as the 6 I have tried so far.

20160331_180402.jpg 235566-04b3fe7651de74563371536f4a302254.jpg

My friend back home bought some 300 bk brass and it wasn't sized right
Had to start over.
I guess some don't size it correctly.
Better to just buy some 556 and size it yourself

"Bad company"? Every company makes mistakes. Have you contacted them yet? At least bring this to their attention and give them the opportunity to make it right before publicly calling them a "bad company".

"Bad company"? Every company makes mistakes. Have you contacted them yet? At least bring this to their attention and give them the opportunity to make it right before publicly calling them a "bad company".
Did you not read my post?
I have been contacting them. Over and Over. No reply
"I have tried to contact Ozark in 2 emails and 3 calls to no avail. The casing necks are too large and all 250 rounds are most likely the same as the 6 I have tried so far."

Did you not read my post?
I have been contacting them. Over and Over. No reply
"I have tried to contact Ozark in 2 emails and 3 calls to no avail. The casing necks are too large and all 250 rounds are most likely the same as the 6 I have tried so far."
Oh darn it.. kinda faded off there towards the end. lol.
Good job and please keep us informed.

Well, they already have a great start with amazing customer service. I mean, what good quality customer service doesn't answer phone calls or reply to emails? Not only that, but they also harass the customers free of charge.

But in all seriousness, I'd just blacklist the company, save up for a reloading machine, then try and see if you can fix the issue yourself. This wouldn't be the first time I ever heard issues regarding them.

http://imgur.com/a/ypSav

Just gonna leave this here in case you want to see some more about them.

Sounds like they are using .223 cases that are too thick for their conversion. Lake City is kind of the go to brass for .300 BO as the walls are thin enough to chamber in anything.

Ya know, if you know a reloader and you get stuck, they might be able to bump those cartridges down enough to work if they have a post sizing die.

Had a similar problem with two I re-formed for 7.62X40WT. Turned out they were both Greek HXP head-stamped 5.56 cases. After re-re-sizing and trying different things I measured the thickness of the brass. The Greek cases were .004" thicker material than any of the other 500 I had re-sized. Without a bullet seated they would chamber, but once the bullet was seated the neck opened up enough to stick in the chamber. What head stamp was the brass were they made from??

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top