JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guns and ammo industry has been very cyclic the last couple decades basically feast or famine. Right before cororna became a big thing, the gun industry was hurting because there hadn't been a panic buy since the 2016 elections, everyone was confident that Trump would get re-elected thus no threat to the 2nd amendment, then corona hit, then riots, now we are in full election season. None of the other panic buys had the added component of raw material supply issues from off shore either, well except the "thermal issue" that powder plant in Australia had. Anyways, this will just be the new norm for a while, things should "start" to ease up January of next year.

Funny thing, I stumbled across more .22lr ammo today. I don't visit Walmart any more than needed, but I was there today and just for kicks I wandered past the ammo counter. I happened to spot 2 bricks of Federal 550s for the regular pre-panic price (<$20) so I bought them. I don't really need more .22 ammo, and I don't go looking for it, but it's interesting that I've been running across it lately. I wish I could stumble on some primers too. I could use a few more primers, but I'm patient; I can wait.

So, is there still a shortage of .22 lr ammo? I just stopped by a Cascade store in Salem, and their shelves are stocked with dozens, if not hundreds of bricks, of several different flavors of cheap range fodder. Prices ranged from around 4 1/2 to 6 c/r, a bit high but not that bad.

IMG_9555[1].jpg

I'll not sure there's a wholesale ammo shortage so much as a 9/40/45/.223/12ga shortage. Pretty specific. Been able to find powder without issue, believe it or not, I've found primers here and there though not by the thousand and bullets are plentiful. It's annoying, but I can live

Say, I just realized that I missed my prime opportunity to max out the credit card, clear all that .22 ammo off their shelves, and resell it on the trader here for scalper prices! What was I thinking? :).

Instead I let you all know so you can go buy it for yourselves. What a fool, what a fool...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top