JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Another random visit to Walmart today. (Yeah, I shop there because I like to know the actual purchace price of the same merchandise I find at EVERY OTHER STORE ON EARTH. And usually for a few bucks less with no BULL___ at the register about my phone number, email address, club membership, debit card account, driver's license number, employer, military status, password, magnetic strip swipe card, union affiliation, bar-coded key fob, coupons, 10th purchase is free punchcard, senior Tuesdays, DNA, sperm count, Facebook, etc., etc., etc.). Sometimes Wrangler is just Wrangler, but I digress...

Interestingly, I've never NOT found a variety of .270 ammo at Walmart. And I was considering buying a rifle for it just to get some trigger time without weighing rounds-shot vs. probabilities of a terminally depleted stash. I'm curious to know why .270 has been reliably available throughout this treacherous occupation of self-serving professional career politicians in DC, systematically destroying our nation, our economy, and any percieved credibility the former USA ever commanded. Oops, I wandered again...

So! Lo and behold, I found Russian .45 ACP and 7.62x39 in stock today. They are steel cased, not brass. But the weps I'll dump them into tend to scarf on crap ammo like Kirstie Alley on a soggy-bottomed tub of deep-fried snacks at Hometown Buffet.

A buddy of mine picked up all of our steel casings (full-auto) with a magnet the last time we shot. I'll police mine as well. I don't worry so much about brass because reloaders will grab it up quickly (if annoying trolls underfoot didn't already catch it inflight). So, what should I do with the steel after I police my area? Recycle it with my metro trashco? Would anyone at my gun club want a bag of it?

Anyhow, it was cool to see some useful ammo on the shelf for a change. Maybe .22 someday soon?

Can't help you with what to do with the steel cases, but I sure enjoyed reading the post!

"Kirstie Alley on soggy-bottomed tubs of deep fried snacks at Hometown Buffet"

LOL

I throw my spent steel casings in the recycle bin with the steel vegetable and soup cans. As far as I know they are not reloadable. And neither are the spent casings. LOL.

Well, .270 is probably one of the most popular hunting cartridges of all time. And, it's nowhere near hunting season. The boxes of .270 will start to disappear around late September. I shoot a .270 and notice it each year, but I have a pretty healthy stock of .270.

It's pretty funny when I go into Cabela's and see hunters buying up the crappy Remington and Winchester .270, and nobody touches the high-quality Prvi Partisan .270, which is priced the same or less. You can guess which brand I have a large stack of.

I dropped a buck in Montana last year with the 130gr SP. One shot through the heart (it was kaboomed when I stripped the deer), and that buck flopped straight to the ground. Frankly I've never had a better shot, but that Prvi knocked him on his ***.

As for your original question: some people do reload the steel cases. They are very mild steel that can still be reformed and reloaded several times in many cases - just watch for cracks. The primer pocket usually needs to be converted to boxer primed as well.

I toss the steel case also, not worth the effort to keep.

I too find it amazing that some many of the old line caliber for rifles have been available all through this panic buying fire drill. Even the good old 30-06 is available in most shops and big box stores. The Remington Cor lokt has been killing deer for more years than I have been hunting and is priced at less than $20 for a box. You all want that super duper high end copper lead free bonded bullet for $48 a box, but guess what it won't stop a big mulie any quicker that the old stand by Core Lokt by remington. Even some of the old soft points are very effective. Its the shooter not the bullet.

I also see 243, 257 roberts, 25-06, 270, and a few others all over the place. So for the next panic buying spell have a 243 or 25-06 in the back of the gun safe so you can go hunting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top