JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is that - but do you want to be dealing with multiple sales of $50-100 each time you sell ammo?

Each person is different, but personally I usually don't buy small quantities of ammo, the exception being if I am in the area for some other purpose.
I have sold plenty of smaller amounts, some as little as $20 but for the smaller amounts I ask that they meet close to where ever I am at. More importantly it will help to spread the ammo around and give more buyers a chance their hands on some.

If you guys look on Gunbroker you will see unbelievable prices for .22 ammo, 9mm ammo, .223 ammo and primers. It is tempting. I have a case of .22 Aguila SE HV and it was selling for 600+ a case and I saw some go for over 700 for a case. It sure is tempting to sell some on Gunbroker but I only have 2 cases of .22 ammo and shoot it every time I shoot which is 2-4 times a week.
Also last I looked on Cheaper than Dirt they were selling single 50 round boxes of the same Aguila for 30 bucks! Friends don't let friends buy from those low life people.

Edit: I just looked on Gunbroker and the prices are way up from those listed above! A brick of .22 Aguila SE HV is up to 159.00! Excuse me while I go take some pictures:)

Last Edited:
My mother used to say," If you can't say something nice, don't say it!"
So I won't say much except that too many of us have been watching
the Walking Dead for too long.

Not into Zombie tv but to me a SHTF scenario like walking into a scene where someone is losing his marbles in a store over a mask policy, or becoming the victim of a car jacking, home invasion or domestic violence scenario has sadly become more commonplace than the horrific school/mall/theater mass shootings of just a few years ago.

Hi everyone. I've been out if the loop concentrating on home projects since covid started. I sold a rifle to a guy yesterday and he was telling me there is currently a severe ammo shortage going on. Is there a forum on this web site where people are talking about that? I'd like to learn about it. I have a boat load of 9mm and 223 I'll probably never use up. I want to get a feel for pricing so I don't come across as a rip off artist. This guy was telling me that some of the online retailers are really hosing people. Thanks in advance for your info. :)
Go down to the library and see what pork belly futures are going for and price accordingly.
pretty simple really

If it hasn't been mentioned already, stay away from the non contributing newbs and zeros that are only here to make a quick buck by offering up over priced range ammo which the classifieds are already flooded with. They aren't hard to spot! They literally bring nothing to the table here.

Last Edited:
If it hasn't been mentioned already, stay away from the non contributing newbs and zeros that are only here to make a quick buck by offering up range ammo which the classifieds are already flooded with. They aren't hard to spot! They literally bring nothing to the table here.
Any addition to supply would be helpful regardless of whether members are new or not. With firearms purchases I would be more likely to heed your advice.

Any addition to supply would be helpful regardless of whether members are new or not. With firearms purchases I would be more likely to heed your advice.
Notice they don't show up with quality defensive ammo. Just more cringe worthy import brands or beat up boxes of golden eagle. Also I revised/edited my reply above. I meant to say "insanely overpriced range ammo".

Notice they don't show up with quality defensive ammo. Just more cringe worthy import brands or beat up boxes of golden eagle.
During these times the unprepared will buy it, crappy or not. We are getting lots of newbie buyers as well. Maybe some of the newbies will stick around and become stronger contributors in the future. I would hate to drive away anybody right now. We need this place to keeping growing.

During these times the unprepared will buy it, crappy or not. We are getting lots of newbie buyers as well. Maybe some of the newbies will stick around and become stronger contributors in the future. I would hate to drive away anybody right now. We need this place to keeping growing.

The people that you want to provide safe haven too and the people I'm shedding light on are members who create an account and minutes later post garbage ammo at insane prices. So please with virtual open arms, greet and nurture them! If that's the kind of people you feel will help grow our community then that's your opinion. But I can guarantee none of them will be making any financial donations or serious contributions to NWF. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I think most newbies selling ammo at high prices are opportunists who will disappear as soon as the shortage is over. They won't contribute anything to the forum whether it's money or ideas.

30 cents for 9mm sells, while 35 cents and up might sell. Granted it's cheap factory or professional reloads.
35 cents for .223 REM sells, while 40 cents and up might sell. Depends on what you have. XM855 seems to be going for around 50 cents a round.
As always, better ammo fetches a better price.

If I had a bunch to sell on a forum, I'd look around to see what stuff was actually selling for, and maybe price it just a little lower than maximum. That makes it easier to sell, and the buyer feels he got a little bit of a deal. If I price it too low, a scalper will snap it up and resell it for a profit. Don't let people guilt you into selling it cheap.

This. It's yours, you don't need to feel guilty at whatever price you choose to sell at. It's not your fault that an ammo-poor individual didn't buy when they had the chance just like you did. If your price is truly ridiculous, the merch. won't sell. Find what online sellers are using for price (but are all sold out) and discount that number a bit to encourage sale. "All sold out" out says it all. If we were talking about a life-saving vaccine, that might be another story.

Sometimes shortages create their own dynamics. Just like toilet paper did not too long ago. A lot of people were running out and clearing off shelves. Not so much because they needed it but because they thought it might be gone forever. Ammo, eh, most people don't need it nearly as bad they need toilet paper. But the point being, a contributary cause of the ammo shortage is because more people than normal are running around buying it against the future.

If you guys look on Gunbroker you will see unbelievable prices for .22 ammo, 9mm ammo, .223 ammo and primers. It is tempting. I have a case of .22 Aguila SE HV and it was selling for 600+ a case and I saw some go for over 700 for a case. It sure is tempting to sell some on Gunbroker but I only have 2 cases of .22 ammo and shoot it every time I shoot which is 2-4 times a week.
Also last I looked on Cheaper than Dirt they were selling single 50 round boxes of the same Aguila for 30 bucks! Friends don't let friends buy from those low life people.

Edit: I just looked on Gunbroker and the prices are way up from those listed above! A brick of .22 Aguila SE HV is up to 159.00! Excuse me while I go take some pictures:)

BE0D664D-05F9-4CFA-9913-B7658D8598E8.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top