JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any of you guys use ammo cans as B.O. cases? I have a couple plastic cabela's ones packed with canned goods/firstaid/ammo/misc gear. As of yet, I don't have a duffle dedicated to bugging, but maybe I should.

I doubt they are REALLY watertight, but I think they are close.

Only problem is that they can get kinda heavy. Are you all more in favor of something with a strap?

I use lots of different means to store stuff. Lots of different ammo cans - some are army surplus , some are plastic.

I keep ammo and key supplies in metal ammo cans ( You can buy them new vs used/surplus)
I find it safer and keeps out moisture + plus I seperate out ammo by caliber

Have a couple plastics - Not sure how they will do - plus I worry about cracking - use them for first aid, emergency gear.

I guess I feel more comfortable with the containers than something light weight.

I like the surplus NV cases, I keep my first aid kid in one of those, they auto adjust pressure and are EVERYTHING tight, usually alot better shape then the ammo cans i find.

I have a bunch of the night vision goggle cases in my surplus shop- they're great for a lot of things. They are water tight but NOT submersible. The overpressure release valve will allow water in if they get submersed deep enough. It's meant to let over pressurized are out, not to keep water out.

I also have lots of ammo cans in various sizes. They really good for keeping things air tight, just inspect the gaskets to make sure they are seated correctly and in decent shape. Most are.

I have a bunch of the night vision goggle cases in my surplus shop- they're great for a lot of things. They are water tight but NOT submersible. The overpressure release valve will allow water in if they get submersed deep enough. It's meant to let over pressurized are out, not to keep water out.

I also have lots of ammo cans in various sizes. They really good for keeping things air tight, just inspect the gaskets to make sure they are seated correctly and in decent shape. Most are.

Were is your shop located? I would like to shop a members shop. Keeping it in the family so to say

Does anyone have contact info for the guy in Tualitin or Tigard that has ammo cans for sale? He usually has a post on Craigslist but not lately that I can find. Any info would be appreciated.

Does anyone have contact info for the guy in Tualitin or Tigard that has ammo cans for sale? He usually has a post on Craigslist but not lately that I can find. Any info would be appreciated.

The guy's screen name is Ammo Can Sales. Do a search and some of his posts will show up. He is a great guy and has almost brand new cans, no rust or major dings. I have made three purchases of about 30 cans from him, both 50 cal and the 30 cal. You will enjoy the visit, he is right off Hwy 99 in Tigard and if you are like me you will talk to him for at least an hour so do not be in a hurry.

19Adam, thx. I Got in touch with him and restocked for my latest preps. I did enjoy the chat with him..... he can talk your ear off but fortunately he has a lot to say. Seems we are of the same mindset. With a similar take on the future of our society.
Bro... let's go shooting soon! Give me call when you can.

I like to use the .50 cal metal and plastic ones for storage of odd ball items like solid fuels, Sterno cans, zip ties, etc.. Basically stuff I know I will use and want, but not a direct part of a BOB.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top