JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bean counters don't see inventory that way. They like "just in time". Too much. Across all industry.
I know. I just hope that some bean counter recognizes an opportunity i.e. make stuff at today's lower rates and sell it for tomorrow's higher prices.
I guess they want to avoid a glut and the lower prices they bring.:s0092:

I dunno. If I were a manufacturer, I'd be cranking up production as much as possible because, even if things stabilize now, there will always be another crisis/panic to buy up any excess production they may make by overproduction now.
They already are. The only way to make more faster is new plants and or equipment and the people to run it. This costs a LOT of money. The business pays taxes on all of it. If they do as soon as new plants come on line the pipe line fills, people stop buying, the machines shut down the workers are laid off. Then guess who is stuck with the bill?

Don't worry.
Mad Max is driving an old vintage car that's been through the ringer. [ An AMC no less].

It will be some time before he's on your doorstep. :s0031:

Blasphemy! Mad Max drove a 1970 Ford Falcon, which is the Australian version of the Ford Torino GT. I've owned a few Torinos over the years and they are my favorite muscle car.

Ten years ago I had just recently acquired the legal right to buy a handgun and struggled to pay rent, sharing an apartment with two others.

Markets are always changing - but don't forget that many hurting for ammo to buy or build today haven't had 10 years to stock up.

It will, if by no other fact than the market size has grown dramatically with first time gun buyers who, until now, where using zero round/month (and probably wondering why people could ever want more than 50 rounds, ever).

I see this like the TP shortage in that, I think ammo producers already operated manufacturing facilities near maximum daily output...all we can do now is wait for the market to have less demand or production to increase...both of which are probably a long, long way off for ammo.
Common sense and logic. Dead on, me thinks.

If the Supreme Court remains at the current ratio, I see a time when all the new, recent panic gun buyers will settle down knowing the 2A is secure for the near future. I feel many of them would never have bought a firearm under other circumstances. Whenever that is, I suggest there might be some great buying opportunities. Many of these folks are just not "gun people".

''When all you have is a hammer. Every problem looks like a nail.''

Being gun lovers I think we place too much emphasis on ammo needs.
How bad would things have to be before you even use up a 50 round box of pistol ammo protecting yourself?

You will be hard pressed meeting your families food and shelter needs long before that.

Chances are you will be without financial resources for months before SHTF. And in that time the basic needs of your wife, kids, and family will be your real problem. Or even just yourself.

- Pay off debt.

- Build up a emergency fund.

- Put up some food and watter.

Don't worry.
Mad Max is driving an old vintage car that's been through the ringer. [ An AMC no less].

It will be some time before he's on your doorstep. :s0031:

+ 1 this idea.

as one approaches retirement age, one wants to stock up on enough ammo to last at least 10 years into your retirement

your social security and retirement checks only go so far

then 2 months after I retire, Covid 19 hits

and now Shotgun Joe says he's going to end internet ammo sales

sure am glad I stockpiled for the last years with my OT bucks

my only concern is the floor load under my bed from all the ammo cans

just received 500 rnds of LC M118LR today - and at $1.30/rnd for M118LR is not bad at all

since it was $1.25/rnd back in 2016

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads