JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before the virus even left China I was sensing 2013 version 2.0 on the horizon so I took a chance and bought a few more cases of ammunition for each caliber I use the most. At the time I thought I may have been overreacting, but now I'm really glad I did!

Before the virus even left China I was sensing 2013 version 2.0 on the horizon so I took a chance and bought a few more cases of ammunition for each caliber I use the most. At the time I thought I may have been overreacting, but now I'm really glad I did!

You can never have too much ammo.

At worst, you can sell it later during another bust/boom cycle.

I sold some cases of FMJ ammo I bought years ago - mil-spec in sealed rubber "battle bags" (I call them body bags) for more than I paid for them. I also sold my .50 BMG rifle and its ammo. I am using the cash from that to stock up on self-defense expanding ammo when a good or affordable deal comes up. I am expecting 800 rounds of .308 ADI ammo loaded with 150 gr Swift Sirocco II bullets to be delivered today. That and ~500 rounds of ADI ammo loaded with 165 gr Sierra GM bullets I got a month ago and some Hornady TAP/etc. I already had, should be a good replacement for the FMJ ball ammo I sold.

I am a little short of .40 ball ammo for practice, but since the same guns I have for .40 can also shoot 9mm (I can swap barrels back and forth) and I have plenty of 9mm ball, I figured worst case I can just practice with 9mm ball. Some of the .40 SD ammo I buy is not much more than the ball ammo.

At worst, you can sell it later during another bust/boom cycle.

Except if some anus politicians get it in their heads that they want to regulate it. As in California. And this was under consideration in the Wash. state legislature the past session. My guess, the idea will be back in Wash.

How many gunfights do you expect to survive?

This ammo is for 3 people.

It is spread out over 3 semi-auto pistol calibers for 3 people; 9mm, .40 and .45 - 3 calibers, 3 people, 9 pistols minimum.

Also, 4 self-defense rifle calibers for three people. E.G., 7.5K rounds of ammo for 5.7x28 spread out over 3 PS90 rifles and three Five Seven pistols. That would be ~2K per person not including FMJ practice ammo.

Then there is the hunting rifles which I have much less ammo for because I don't anticipate expending huge amounts of ammo hunting. E.G., .30-30, .45-70, etc. and because the self-defense rifles and calibers can be used for hunting too.

It adds up. 55K minus 35K of rimfire ammo (not used in firefights) equals 20K of ammo (at most) equals 6-7K per person. One thousand rounds practice ammo (FMJ) the rest self-defense ammo.

Then there is the possibility that family might show up. Also, neighbors, many of which I doubt have as much ammo as I have, although I think all of them have at least some guns. My bet is that if SHTF, after making sure everybody is armed and has at least enough ammo for a loadout, I will be short on ammo.

As I said, you can never have too much ammo.

That said, I would be lucky to survive one firefight if I didn't have armed neighbors.

I like having copious amounts of ammo so when I go shooting I will have ammo, I haven't yet considered ammo purchases for shooting in gun fights . I go to the range for fun besides I have been shooting since my dad would let me pull the trigger on his guns and I am 67 years old and suck at shooting.

All that I can, but in between gunfights I am still going to the range shooting the ammo I had on the shelf at 2019 prices.

I don't actually know how much ammo I have because i have not counted, but its enough that I can still go shoot without worrying about it, and ignore the current prices.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top