JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it does. Add up all the categories that are not "unkown" number of offenders. It equals 8698 (I mistyped above). Assume that the "unkown" events follow the same distribution as the known events. Add up the known event categories with multiple attackers. That equals 1746. Take 1746/8698 = .20 or 20%. (more than I quoted above due my failure to include the multiple victims/multiple attackers in my original calculation). Does that makes sense?

Do you not grasp PER CAPITA rates? Or do you think that 6800 out of 130 million is a larger proportion than 5400 out of 13 million? Math.

Yes okay this makes sense.

One small point though - we're on the same side here. No need for the attitude okay? I'd rather we save that for arguing with gun banners elsewhere. I am a reasonable person who can listen to reasonable arguments.

Can anyone tell me what the USA murder rate would be if we took out drug related murders and gang related murders?

Why would i ask this? First of all, drug related murders would be committed by someone ALREADY COMMITTING A FELONY by trafficking or using drugs.

2nd. Gangs do just about nothing legally, so therefore they are probably committing a crime also when they decide to shoot someone.

These are the people that would DEFINITELY NOT COMPLY with ANY gun laws. These are murders that are going to happen regardless. So punishing law abiding citizens for something that wont stop anyways is kinda stupid.

We should also remove deaths by police in the line of duty if those are included, and any legal justifiable shooting. Although i might be wrong, I'm sure these are both included in the numbers the gungrabbers are quoting because they want as many people dead by guns as possible to promote disarming everyone.

A list of all nations would put America second from the last if subtracting the TEN cities with the highest murder rates. Those 10 cities also are ran by democrats that have disarmed the honest.

almost all gun deaths are 1 committed by a criminal 2 committed by a leo or 3 committed by a gun owner against a criminal.Very few are accidental shootings or law abiding gun owner randomly shooting people. Don't know the numbers but if any one does I'd love to hear em.
That's not really true SUICIDE is the biggest but they count those as firearms death even though they shoot them selves on purpose

I can't for the entire country, but I can for Washington State. The Washington Association of Sheriff's and Police Chiefs has detailed statistics going all the way back to 1980; it really depends on the year, but Gang/Drug firearm murders only account for about 10% of the total firearm murders in our state on average. The only real caveat to that was in the late 80s when it jumped to about 60% of total firearm murders.

If you visit the third link below and download the 2011_CIW report you'll see that Gang/Drug murders (22) only account for 13% of the 159 total murders in the state. If you dig into the actual data that number drops to 11 (14%) of the total 78 Firearm Murders (All types) for 2011. A bit higher than the previous years, but not grossly so.

Here is an infograph i put together on just our State Homicide Statistics: Infographic: Homicide Statistics | infogr.am

Here is Violent Crime vs. CPL holders and DUI vs. Homicide with Firearm: Infographic: Washington State Firearm Statistics | infogr.am

And here is a direct link to the Washington Association of Sheriff's and Police Chiefs crime stats: Crime Statistics

It's actually a fraction lower than that CascadeSam, at least in our state. According to the Washington Department of Health in 2011 there were 464 suicides using firearms. While that is about six times higher than the total number of 78 firearm murders for the same year, it's only 49% of the total suicides for that year. As an interesting aside, the second most used method of suicide in our state is Poison at 34%.
You know why gang related murder is so low because they can't shoot lol holding your gun side ways with one hand is not the right way to shoot a gun lol another words they can't hit $#!+

Did you also know that . let's say a couple of gang bangers are at a school on a Saturday when no student's are there school is closed but they decide to shoot each other mmmm GUESS what that's considered a school shooting

Didn't Portland just move to stop tracking gang members, gang related crime, or somesuch?

-If true, any gun crime normally which could have been attributed to gang violence in the past, could now be statistically called something else?

Didn't Portland just move to stop tracking gang members, gang related crime, or somesuch?

-If true, any gun crime normally which could have been attributed to gang violence in the past, could now be statistically called something else?
Come on man the libs have stopped tracking everything that will go against there agenda did you know that it has came out in the last few days that the city of Seattle has spent a BILLION DOLLARS ON HOMELESS AND DRUG ADDICTION YES THAT'S RIGHT A BILLION DOLLARS

Come on man the libs have stopped tracking everything that will go against there agenda did you know that it has came out in the last few days that the city of Seattle has spent a BILLION DOLLARS ON HOMELESS AND DRUG ADDICTION YES THAT'S RIGHT A BILLION DOLLARS

Well, yah. Everyone knows that if you throw money down the drain some will come out clean...I mean EVERYONE knows that...wait a minute, that's my money being thrown down the drain...

Well, yah. Everyone knows that if you throw money down the drain some will come out clean...I mean EVERYONE knows that...wait a minute, that's my money being thrown down the drain...
My money too lot's of my money lol white single guy with no dependents with a good job forget about it I get really F@#$_&+ every year

Can anyone tell me what the USA murder rate would be if we took out drug related murders and gang related murders?

Why would i ask this? First of all, drug related murders would be committed by someone ALREADY COMMITTING A FELONY by trafficking or using drugs.

2nd. Gangs do just about nothing legally, so therefore they are probably committing a crime also when they decide to shoot someone.

These are the people that would DEFINITELY NOT COMPLY with ANY gun laws. These are murders that are going to happen regardless. So punishing law abiding citizens for something that wont stop anyways is kinda stupid.

We should also remove deaths by police in the line of duty if those are included, and any legal justifiable shooting. Although i might be wrong, I'm sure these are both included in the numbers the gungrabbers are quoting because they want as many people dead by guns as possible to promote disarming everyone.

America's murder rate is 4.5 per 100,000. That includes all murders with knifes or bricks, pushed over a cliff in a VW, and all the rest. Some of the highest cities in the nation are Oakland, Detroit, New Orleans, Chicago, DC, LA, Baltimore. These cities have murder rates of between 35 and 55 per 100,000 These cities have other common denominators, high poverty, massive gun laws have robbed the honest citizen of their Second Amendment turning them into helpless victims. Only the criminals are allowed fire arms but lack any education on firing them. That is why everyone dies except the one being shot at. Not only are they uneducated but have zero respect for life including their own.

You can't really blame them. They are the fourth generation being given hand outs which has nothing to do with a hand up. To keep them this way they have traitors to their race as Jackson and Sharpner who are their to put the blame for these peoples troubles on all but the guilty. The democrats that have long histories of running cities into the ground. With a snowballs chance of ever getting out of these drug and crime infested inner-city rat holes is just half of it. These hand outs rob a person of their pride, self worth and over time the ability to make even a simple decision Look at how many drown in their homes during Katrina not having the common sense to get to high ground while the rest stayed to rape, rob and murder as these handout also bring out the worst in a person. The Americans that opened their homes for these people were repaid by being ripped off with some being beat. But if it's voting day the Democrats will bus them to the polls and make sure they get their 'I VOTED TODAY' Crack rock. Johnson said when his welfare reform bill past they would vote democrat for 200 years. I hope not.

Look at how many drown in their homes during Katrina not having the common sense to get to high ground

Just to be clear, most of the area is below sea level. Higher ground being many miles away, and Nagin not allowing anybody to drive the buses needed to get po folks with no cars out of the area. Nawlins is known for high crime and the looting etc was to be expected. One of my buddies was there during the relief effort and said the higher powers sent in gov snipers to drop looters in the streets.

Just to be clear, most of the area is below sea level. Higher ground being many miles away, and Nagin not allowing anybody to drive the buses needed to get po folks with no cars out of the area. Nawlins is known for high crime and the looting etc was to be expected. One of my buddies was there during the relief effort and said the higher powers sent in gov snipers to drop looters in the streets.

I have a friend of a friend who is a first class racist. When he talked about all the bodies flouting he sounded like he was talking about the promised land. I remember the photos of all those school buses that could have been used and ended up under water. There was one 16 year old that ripped off one of those buses and got all his neighbors out. Then there was the guy with the wide screen tv trapped on the over pass. He told the National Guard he only took it to keep up on the weather. It gets real hot in Phoenix so when someone is wearing a trench coat in the middle of Summer you take a double look. It was about 1 am a friend and me stopped at a market after a night of drinking. There was a woman in there wearing a trench coat. The manager was walking by the woman when a 10 pound ham fell from her coat. Without missing a beat she said 'Who tro dat ham at me'. Maybe you had to be there but to this day every time I think of it I start laughing all over again.

You do remember Nagin was re-elected?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads