JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I watched the last two-thirds of the program on TV last night and they seemed to be just a little incredulous that to AR family had such strong support. They did jump all over the industry ads using military type settings to sell civilian Guns. Daniels Defense ads to the forefront (The Warden has a Daniels Defense M4 Ver 3, I selected that solely based on its manufacture and the ability to get one, this was before the real shortage) (I was not influenced by the ads as I had not seen any but an occasional print ad that I know of) Anyway the TV piece went on to mention that there were over 35 manufacturers and started naming "Colt, Smith & Wesson, Bushmaster and more" They did get a few major players, but were sure to include Bushmaster as noteworthy, I found that to be interesting. To be fair they did put many supporters forward. Oh and they almost single-handedly encouraged me look into the 3D printing of plastic magazines and lower receivers. They did try to Demonize that young man (Who stood his ground very well) anyway it was interesting to see, had a slight Anti slant IMHO, but was still pretty informative.

I watched the whole thing. I got mad at the TV several times, the narrator/interviewer was condescending and verbally combative at times and spewed some pretty anti ideas. The surprise was, they actually presented facts. That very few crimes are committed with rifles at all, let alone the AR, which is even fewer. It started by making the difference between an AR and M4 known and then tried its best to blur that line several times throughout the rest of the program.

Mainstream Media, go figure.

I think they did as an unbiased a show as THEY possibly could.

Don't get me wrong this wasn't pro-gun, but it wasn't as bad a hit piece as I thought it would be. Frankly, I was in panic mode when I saw they put James Yeager on.......if we were doing the show we would have put a Gunsite, Thunder Ranch or Massad Ayoub on there, I kinda like the VATA Group guys too. The BATFE guy kinda cracked me up because he seemed like a typical bureaucrat.

What I wished I had seen..........These guys don't seem to know their history too well, they kept coming back to the "military purpose" thing(though they thankfully are starting to get away from it.) No one pulled out a lever action or a bolt action rifle and said, "hey these at one time were guns designed for the military too", I think they forget that most(meaning I cannot think of a firearm at this time) firearms were designed originally for military purposes first and then adopted to civilian use, its just the way things are.

In the end, it really sheds light on the fact that most Americans forget what our RIGHTS are and that they see the Second Amendment as a privledge. Everything started with the idea of........"should WE ALLOW people to do XXXX...." or "I don't see any reason a law abiding citizen would have a problem with XXX". If that's how they view a Right, it scares me that they vote too.

Last Edited:
Yeager did behave himself though. And when the interviewer went too far, he simply clammed up and said he was done. Got up and walked away. Of course they focused on his crazy YouTube moment, but he just voiced something the majority is not willing to voice yet.

I too was surprised that it wasn't a complete piece of anti garbage.

<broken link removed>

Go figure.

- Doctors saying the .223 round produces uniquely devastating wounds that shotguns (!!!) are incapable of producing
- Giving time to some a**hole asking strawman questions about tyrannical governments (who are you going to shoot) without giving time for a proper response
- Spent way too much time talking about preppers instead of the AR-15
- Depicted gun owners as thralls of the NRA and the gun industry

etc. and so forth

Verdict: F for fail.

I did like the comment from the gun shop owner who showed an M1A1 and explained that it would not be on the banned list, but the .308 was a much more powerful cartridge.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top