JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Americans demand Canadian-free shopping at Costco

Americans demand Canadian-free shopping at Costco | Weird | News | Calgary Sun

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bellingham-Costco-needs-a-special-time-just-for-Americans-2/429534107096970

VANCOUVER – A Facebook page ranting against Canadians patronizing a big-box retailer south of the border has touched off an online war of words between those on either side of the 49th parallel.

Annoyed at parking problems and long lineups at the stateside Costco in Bellingham, Wa., some residents there have set up a Facebook page calling for American-only hours when they can shop Canadian-free.

"Them Canadians can be rude. The lines are crazy. We aren’t on a vacation and have an RV to hang out in like those Canadians,” the page states.

OHNOEZ! TEH CANADIANZ ARE COMING HURR TO SPEND DER MONIEZ!!!! :s0112: :s0112: :s0112:

Amazing what people will complain about. The same thing they are complaining about also brings money into their area and makes it so that a lot of them actually have jobs.

US Dollar devaluation.

The NIMBY locals don't understand this is the new normal. Canada is loosening regulations and their economy is taking off as we go in the opposite direction. I used to go over the Mexican border for cheap shopping, we will be Canada's Mexico soon.

In a free market more big box stores would move in to take advantage of the market and the locals would see more price competition. Lets see if the locals allow it, they don't seem too smart tho.

Edit: Our debt hit 16 T today. We're number one ! ! :s0132: USA ! ! :s0132: USA ! !

That's just national debt, total combined US debt is over 100 T.

Enjoy the bubble while it lasts folks.

My brother in law is a Canadian wheat farmer. They have one hell of labor shortage up there. Said anybody who even has minimal skills can start out at $20.00 an hour. He has to pay that for his help. It's not that hard because I would help out when I went to visit them years ago. Driving truck, tractor, filling silos with grain, putting new teeth on sickle bars, etc. Wish I was 40 years younger, that is where I would be heading to find a job.

Piss on those cheesers.

Have any of you shopped in Bellingham at the Costco, it is freakin crazy. The Canadians have every thing plugged, they leave the boxes and other packaging in the parking lot, because they are to cheap to pay duty. They park where they are not suppose to.

Not to mention they think they own everything, and act like it. No respect at all.

And now they are plugging up Fred Meyers too.

Piss on those cheesers.

Have any of you shopped in Bellingham at the Costco, it is freakin crazy. The Canadians have every thing plugged, they leave the boxes and other packaging in the parking lot, because they are to cheap to pay duty. They park where they are not suppose to.

Not to mention they think they own everything, and act like it. No respect at all.

Piss on the cheesers indeed.

Piss on those cheesers.

Every Costco is "freakin crazy" during business hours.

I'm really not seeing a problem with Canadians spending unincorporated money in a different country. You should be embracing it and complaining to the Costco that they need to hire more staff if it's actually that bad; not trying to restrict who can and cannot shop there.

I agree that we should count our blessings that they are pouring money into our economy.

Just as vantuckians should be pouring money into Washingtons economy. It's a win win situation I haven't witnessed Canadians being less courteous than Americans, maybe it's a thing up there though.

So as long as they are spending money they can be rude , act like they own the joint, litter all over the place??? ( the asian canadians are the worst)

It was so bad in Bellingham that Costco hired off-duty BPD to easy the issues. Not sure if they are still doing it.

For all of you not in Bellingham, you really have no right to talk.

Piss on those cheesers.

Funny, that's the exact same thing they should be saying along the southern border when we go shopping in Mexico. Except they have enough common sense down there to appreciate the influx of money into their economy and just grin and bear the bubblegumty attitudes that come with the greenbacks.

So as long as they are spending money they can be rude , act like they own the joint, litter all over the place??? ( the asian canadians are the worst)

It was so bad in Bellingham that Costco hired off-duty BPD to easy the issues. Not sure if they are still doing it.

I totally get that measures should be taken to prevent them from littering (That's a $500 fine where I come from) and maintain personal safety.

As for them acting like they own the joint, that's just something that comes with foreigners. (The Scots complain and the Polish, the Germans complain about the Welsh, the Turkish complain about the Greeks... this is nothing new.)

Last Edited:

How was the economy in Bellingham back when the Canadian dollar was 60 cents US? I seem to remember seeing a lot of empty businesses.

The asian canadians are just as bad up in Canada - don't think they are giving you special treatment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top