Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Americans demand Canadian-free shopping at Costco

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by targettarget, Aug 14, 2012.

1. targettarget

targettarget Calgary - Alberta Member

OHNOEZ! TEH CANADIANZ ARE COMING HURR TO SPEND DER MONIEZ!!!! :bluelaugh: :bluelaugh: :bluelaugh:

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

I approve of canuck-free shopping.

3. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

If that happens they have to do something about the Vantuckians coming south to PDX

4. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Amazing what people will complain about. The same thing they are complaining about also brings money into their area and makes it so that a lot of them actually have jobs.

5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

US Dollar devaluation.

The NIMBY locals don't understand this is the new normal. Canada is loosening regulations and their economy is taking off as we go in the opposite direction. I used to go over the Mexican border for cheap shopping, we will be Canada's Mexico soon.

In a free market more big box stores would move in to take advantage of the market and the locals would see more price competition. Lets see if the locals allow it, they don't seem too smart tho.

Edit: Our debt hit 16 T today. We're number one ! ! :cheer: USA ! ! :cheer: USA ! !

That's just national debt, total combined US debt is over 100 T.

Enjoy the bubble while it lasts folks.

6. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

I work at Costco and I would rather deal with the average Canuck than the average American.

7. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

My brother in law is a Canadian wheat farmer. They have one hell of labor shortage up there. Said anybody who even has minimal skills can start out at $20.00 an hour. He has to pay that for his help. It's not that hard because I would help out when I went to visit them years ago. Driving truck, tractor, filling silos with grain, putting new teeth on sickle bars, etc. Wish I was 40 years younger, that is where I would be heading to find a job.

8. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

So much displaced hate... :paranoid:

9. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

Piss on those cheesers.

Have any of you shopped in Bellingham at the Costco, it is freakin crazy. The Canadians have every thing plugged, they leave the boxes and other packaging in the parking lot, because they are to cheap to pay duty. They park where they are not suppose to.

Not to mention they think they own everything, and act like it. No respect at all.

And now they are plugging up Fred Meyers too.

10. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

More business for U.S. business and workers!

11. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Piss on the cheesers indeed.

12. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

Maybe instead of hating on the Canadians for bringing their business to the US, people should throw out the politicians who turned the US dollar into worthless fiat paper?

gallogiro and (deleted member) like this.
  13. targettarget

targettarget Calgary - Alberta Member

Every Costco is "freakin crazy" during business hours.

I'm really not seeing a problem with Canadians spending unincorporated money in a different country. You should be embracing it and complaining to the Costco that they need to hire more staff if it's actually that bad; not trying to restrict who can and cannot shop there.

14. JackThompson

I agree that we should count our blessings that they are pouring money into our economy.

Just as vantuckians should be pouring money into Washingtons economy. It's a win win situation I haven't witnessed Canadians being less courteous than Americans, maybe it's a thing up there though.

PBinWA and (deleted member) like this.
  15. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Yeah, in this economy - let's bubblegum about too much foreign money being spent here. We are our own worst enemies.

16. John H

So as long as they are spending money they can be rude , act like they own the joint, litter all over the place??? ( the asian canadians are the worst)

It was so bad in Bellingham that Costco hired off-duty BPD to easy the issues. Not sure if they are still doing it.

For all of you not in Bellingham, you really have no right to talk.

17. Tangent123123

Tangent123123 Battle Ground Active Member

Funny, that's the exact same thing they should be saying along the southern border when we go shopping in Mexico. Except they have enough common sense down there to appreciate the influx of money into their economy and just grin and bear the bubblegumty attitudes that come with the greenbacks.

18. JackThompson

I totally get that measures should be taken to prevent them from littering (That's a $500 fine where I come from) and maintain personal safety.

As for them acting like they own the joint, that's just something that comes with foreigners. (The Scots complain and the Polish, the Germans complain about the Welsh, the Turkish complain about the Greeks... this is nothing new.)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  19. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

How was the economy in Bellingham back when the Canadian dollar was 60 cents US? I seem to remember seeing a lot of empty businesses.

The asian canadians are just as bad up in Canada - don't think they are giving you special treatment.

20. John H

Those same ones are likely still empty.

Just cause they spend there money in one place, doesn't mean the rest of Bellingham benefits .