Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Americans - a Public Service Film by Kid Rock & Sean Penn

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NoviceSquared, Nov 12, 2012.

1. NoviceSquared

NoviceSquared portland Member

I am neither Democrat nor Republican, but what I see is this:

This country is pretty much split down the middle, fighting and bickering and flinging insults. Both sides are smugly sure that they are always right and the other side is made up of morons and mentally diseased psychopaths. Does anyone think that this makes the country stronger? Does either side think they'll win once and for all, and that the other side will disappear?

[video=youtube;oSQJ2ULuhb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSQJ2ULuhb8&list=UUjwhEPNX5rsU6gl_8qZMQZg&index=6&feature=plcp[/video]

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think of this film. The sentiment is good, but there are just too many thick heads on both sides to take anything like this to heart.

Keith

3. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Can't watch this. I hate both of these morons

4. NoviceSquared

NoviceSquared portland Member

Me too, but I like the sentiment.

5. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

They're both a bit idiotic, but the sentiment is good.

It's funny, how much you want to bet anyone who self-identifies as "Liberal" thinks "uh, so what" to most of Kid Rock's insults; and anyone who self-identifies as "Conservative" thinks the same to most of Sean Penn's insults.

That's the thing, you call people these things - and they don't care. They either embrace it, or think it makes you look like an idiot that you don't know what it really means. (For example calling conservatives "racist". Some are, yeah, and they don't care. Others just think "you don't even know what racism really is if you're calling *ME* a racist." Same with liberals "commie". Some are, yeah. Others just laugh it off as "you don't even know what a real communist is, do you?")

6. Mason3379

Mason3379 Oregon City Active Member

7. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

I actually seen KR a few years ago and was quite impressed. He had like a 10 pc band and went around and played every insrument on stage masterfully. Penn is a good actor but needs to keep his trap shut and make movies. Nothing annoys me more than the hypocricy of Hollywood.

8. Galant

Galant portland Active Member

Divide and conquer

9. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Say what you want, but the message is clear. Were all on this same damn ship together. Sure we disagree, that much is obvious here on this site, but the truth is that I don't care if I know you or not, if I saw you in trouble you can count on a helping hand. That is as it should be, at least in my eyes anyway.

slimer13 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Bunny

Bunny Portland, OR Well-Known Member

I want to like and dislike this video so much right now.

11. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

Right, a house divided against itself... But really, these perfectly represents two sides of the same coin, same with Obama vs Romney, or Obama vs. McCain. Its all the same agenda, we are being played against each other in order to be redirected, distracted, controlled. The media is NOT your friend no matter which "side" its coming from. These two knuckle heads are employed to piss you off, whichever side your on. I assure you, they are all in bed together, and serve the same god.

xd45acp and (deleted member) like this.