JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought some of you might appreciate this...:)

What Being a Dad with a Gun Taught My Daughter

Years ago, my daughter Samantha and I were home in the afternoon (she was off school, second grade, and I was home with her) when there was a loud knock on the front door. When I answered, I discovered that there were about a hundred cops, including SWAT (tactical truck and all) at my door and in my front yard. They did not look very happy.

Thanks for sharing this.

This hit's home, exactly how I was raised in South Carolina.

"Some violence is righteous.

...Your kid wants you to make her safe. That's what being a dad means. It's what being a mom means. Face it. Accept it. Raise up your inner warrior, and make your family safe"

Thanks for sharing this.

This hit's home, exactly how I was raised in South Carolina.

"Some violence is righteous.

...Your kid wants you to make her safe. That's what being a dad means. It's what being a mom means. Face it. Accept it. Raise up your inner warrior, and make your family safe"

Violence solves problems. In fact, sometimes it's the ONLY thing that will solve some problems.

I was just talking to my son this morning about the need to to introduce his GFs son into the world of FAs, he is 3. She was raised in a gun friendly environment and she asked if he would do the honors. He said he's going to do it exactly like I did for him and his sister years ago (when they were 3&4 years old respectively). I put a grapefruit on a stump 7 yards away, I knealed, had him between my outstretched arms (with HP & safety glasses) I told them both that this is what's going to happen if they ever played with guns & I shot it and it exploded. That right there instilled a lifelong memory that guns have a purpose and are not play toys. ;)

Last Edited:
Violence solves problems. In fact, sometimes it's the ONLY thing that will solve some problems.
I agree but would add:
That you also need to be willing to use the proper amount of violence to solve the problem and accept the consequences of using violence to solve the issue.

Slick and shrewd violence has a use... the over use of violence is not so useful.
By this I am meaning that it might be best to set up a realistic "Rules of Engagement" that you can follow and adapt to your lifestyle.
Andy

2%3a%22crop%22%2c%22value%22%3a%7b%22x%22%3a91.7%2c%22y%22%3a0%2c%22w%22%3a366.7%2c%22h%22%3a440.jpg

There are a number of possible metaphors that can represent the different levels of reaction to danger, in the article...

Front door
Bars on windows
Cooperation with LEOs..
Precious cargo (daughter)
Firearms

Transitioning from a docile state to violence should be (must be) more than one step; the trademark of a well-trained and disciplined individual, is an individual who takes as many appropriate or measureable steps (towards violence) as possible.

Estimate of the Situation; is gathering information, developing possible courses of action (COA), choosing the best COA, acting on the best COA.

Estimate of Situation can be done very quickly with practice.

Knowing what the penalties are for the crime being committed is a dam-good indication how much force should be used to stop the crime; what crimes carry a death penalty (in the judicial system)?

Ya can't shoot somebody because of graffiti, but to save a life....

As much as I'd like to shoot graffiti vandals in the arse with even just rock salt..... I'd settle for administering a good ol' beat-down, and inflicting a good solid limp. o_O

Lol, unless the law has changed, deadly force is authorized to stop mayhem in Utah, but don't even think about brandishing a hg in PDX when a violent mob is surrounding you...tisk

Last monday I was very rudely and abruptly awoken by my dog going absolutely bubblegum scat.
My dog will bark at cars driving by and people walking, but this was a different bark. The bark of danger.
Mind you, this is at 1:30am.

I jump out of bed before I'm even awake, grab my G34 with a stick mag, from the closet, and then remember my glasses.

Head to the stairs, load mag, rack it, and slowly move down the stairs. I can see two people at my door, and I go in full fight mode.
Adrenaline is dumping, I look out the window beside my door and see this girl pounding on my door, jiggling the handle, who looks either high AF or drunk.
Both in their early twenties.

I yell at them to back off, they are in the wrong place and they need to leave. The girl starts carrying on about I know her, and I need to let her in, all I can think is my little kids are upstairs and this is how home invasions start.

So I put my pistol in her face through the window, 4 inches from her forhead and tell her she's in the wrong place, and GTFO.
The guy sees the gun and immediately walks away, fast.
She is drunk or high, and keeps pounding, ringing my doorbell, etc.
The guy is yelling at her to get out of there, I tell her were calling the cops, and after a few minutes she walks away. I keep an eye on them, give 911 the description of their vehicle and direction they went.
About 4-5 mins later I see the LEOs tear off in their direction. Don't know if they caught up to them or not.

That has been the only time I've pulled a gun, or pointed one at someone.
If was a horrible feeling.
One I hope I never have to do again, but for my babies, I was seconds away from making that their last bad decision.

I think they were just plastered, confused, and lost. But I wasn't taking any chances.

Had a similar situation when we first married and rented an apartment in Colorado Springs. We had just got to bed and some dude starts banging on the front door. He is trying to open the door and yelling curses at us. I grabbed my 870 super and went to the side of the door. I yelled at him to GTFO and that the cops had been called. I also told him if he opens the door he will be shot. He keeps kicking and beating the door and demanding I open up. I thumped the door with the butt of the shotgun and told him again to Back off. He jiggles that knob again and demands I open up. Just as I am about to reposition to a kneel and ready to shoot, the cops show up and they start yelling at him to get down on the ground and they arrested him. Turns out he was pizzed off at us because we had the nerve to park my pickup in my reserved spot and he couldn't park there to visit his GF! Cops then explained how close he came to getting shot for being stupid. Never saw him again, and his GF was evicted a few weeks later!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top