Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

American Marksman - The Outdoor Channel Competition

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by AmMarksman1, Feb 29, 2016.

1. AmMarksman1

AmMarksman1 Denver, CO New Member

American Marksman is a new, nationwide amateur shooting competition! It is owned and operated by The Outdoor Channel and will eventually lead into a TV show. The winner receives a grand prize of $50,000.

The way this works is you register at AmMarksman.com and participate at our local qualifying ranges anywhere between March 1st and May 31st. To qualify you will first compete in a modified postal match. After your course of fire is complete, you will be able to see where you rank instantly in your division and in your region. At the local level a shooter will choose either .22 pistol, rifle, or both and will get 2 chances at the course of fire per each firearm selected. For one firearm its 20$ and for both it is only $35!

If you do well enough and progress into the Northwest regional competition you will get to shoot multiple different firearms and calibers, all of which WE will provide both the firearms and ammunition!

One of the major draws of this competition is that it is amateur only. No one who has ever been paid, sponsored, or finished in the top 10% in a national championship is eligible to participate. We know there are GREAT shooters all across America! However, they may not competitively shoot because they are taking care of kids, going to school, working full time, or all the above.

We have 4 divisions:
    Men's open (17+)
    Women's open (17+)
    Youth (12-16)
    Military/LEO

We do have ranges participating all across the Northwest in most major areas.

Our goal here at American Marksman is to introduce everyone to the joy of competition shooting. We've designed this to be a low barrier of entry which is both fun and challenging. Competition shooting is incredibly fun, but can be rather daunting or expensive to enter. If we can get more people involved in the sports we love and the life style we all immerse ourselves in, we all win!

Do any of you think you have what it takes to be the FIRST American Marksman?

I would be happy to answer any questions that you might have.

More information can be found at www.ammarksman.com !

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Rjd2Tall, AndyinEverson and Stomper like this.
  2. Roop

Roop La Grande Active Member

This looks like fun, but all the ranges involved are at least 3-4 hours away. Are you working on any other ranges in the Northeast Oregon/Southeast Washington area?

3. AmMarksman1

Hi Roop,

We currently do not have any ranges participating in that area, however if you have a range that you like to shoot at we are still able to accept new ranges!

4. Roop

Roop La Grande Active Member

Here are some links to ranges in the local area:
    La Grande Rifle and Pistol Club, La Grande, OR. http://lgrpc.com/
    Powder River Sportsman's Club, Baker City, OR. http://www.prsportsmen.com/
    Eagle Cap Shooters Association, Enterprise, OR. http://eaglecapshooters.com/index.html
    East End Rod and Gun Club, Milton-Freewater, OR. http://www.eergunclub.com/index.php/club-information/ct-menu-item-3.html
    Pasco Rifle and Pistol Club, Pasco, WA. http://www.prpcinfo.com/Pasco_Rifle_&_Pistol_Club/Contact_Us.html

5. AmMarksman1

Thank you very much for providing this list. I will forward this information to the appropriate regional manager and see if they can't work something out!

6. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

Well just for fun I registered.
    So we will see how I do.
    I wish I could use my Hawken copy ... Open to .22lr firearms only.
    Andy

AmMarksman1 likes this.
  7. AmMarksman1

Good Luck! We hope to see you at the Regional Championship!

8. AndyinEverson

Thanks ... It will fun be to compete no matter how I place.
    Andy

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. AmMarksman1

We will be inviting up to 1000 competitors to each regional championship. (250 per division per region). Your odds are probably better than you think they are!

At the regional championship we will be providing all the firearms and ammunition creating an even playing field. Then it's all your sight picture and trigger pull!

10. AndyinEverson

Looking forward to it .
    Nothing to lose and the chance to meet some new folks , what's not to like?
    Andy

11. AmMarksman1

We are involved in a fantastic industry and having a major TV network produce a show that highlights the shooting sports in a fun, positive light will be good for all of us! The local qualifying period began yesterday and we are very excited to see this develop!

AndyinEverson likes this.
  12. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

Tried to sign up, registration is closed:(

13. AmMarksman1

Hi Cityrice. Please give our customer service line a phone call and explain your situation. 303-575-1935! We will do our best to work something out!

14. cityrice

cityrice vancouver wa Active Member

Thanks for the info i will give them a call.

15. Rjd2Tall

Rjd2Tall Vancouver WA New Member

I recently just found out about this great competition and missed the registration. When will there
    be another opportunity to register and compete?

16. whiskeybill

whiskeybill Battle Ground, WA Well-Known Member

The local competitions are over as of 31 May and the Regionals will be held in Puyallup in August. If you haven't qualified in the locals, you won't be invited to the regionals.