JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have owned a 1911 and never felt I could trust it after the 1st shot. I am sure some of you have 1911's that you can bet your life with but I'll stick to my M&P. Plus for the price of an expensive 1911 I can have a couple really nice M&P's right?
Yeah and you can have 8 or 9 High Points for the same price too. what's your point?

Wtf??? Buy guns that don't jam??? ^^^^^ Guess it was a joke?? I would rather have one good one than 35 throw aways that may not work,

Sorry was sarcasm. I'm not saying you have to spend $1K+ to have a nice carry piece, but equating expensive with too nice to carry is along the same lines of carrying a rock or stick then a gun because it's free. :)

Sorry was sarcasm. I'm not saying you have to spend $1K+ to have a nice carry piece, but equating expensive with too nice to carry is along the same lines of carrying a rock or stick then a gun because it's free. :)

Yeah I know..just took a few seconds to register in my brain. :confused: I agree good quality can still be had at a lower price point. And you can spend alot on a 1911 that will do nothing but jam. Gotta research and know what your buying. If I'm spending $1k I want it to work outta the box. If I spend $300 I want it to work outta the box.I have guns that do this. And seen many that are nothing but problems. I can accept certain guns only like to eat certain ammo. But will run flawless with them. I usually like my guns to eat anything. JMO/JME

b5109dae.jpg

It seems there's some pause as to where these really coming from.. But the bigger issue is they're cutting the VIS way wrong.
Take a look at this barrel bed - 1911Forum

Not just US made, but if you really love Oregon.... Made in Cornelius (moved from California, eventually to Beaverton before their current home) .

Calico Light Weapon Systems.

Calico Light Weapon Systems
Product Information

calico-cut.jpg
CalicoLibertyIII.jpg

Ugly, aren't they :D

I've wanted a Liberty III 9mm pistol with both 50 and 100 round helical-feed magazines since seeing them in "Spaceballs", and realizing that they were REAL guns when seeing the full-auto one in "Hard Boiled"

Guns Made in the USA Short list here.
Are they making the guns currently, i just heard they lost their butts on a possible government contract that did not pan out (had to build 20K guns to have for possible first order and the government went and stayed with Colt) but that is just a rumor i heard

Look around, for some reason people are getting rid of these for cheap. The one gun I should not have gotten rid of would be my XDm. After shooting my M&P's I am super happy with the way they shoot especially compared to a Glock. From what I hear the U.S. Military is looking at the M&P's once again.
Glock is the one I will never own again, XDm is the one I will own again soon.

I heard that too about the military but i guess that went south since they just made the biggest order in history with Sig

4 of my 6 guns are Rugers. The amazing SR556, my equally amazing SR9c, my 4" GP100 hand cannon, and my trusty 10-22. All great guns - never a problem. Now if I could only talk Ruger into building a good HD 12 ga. shotgun, I'd probably lose my 870 for it. Not likely to happen though. My last gun is a Kel-Tec P3AT .380 which is a very good paperweight.

I'll be a Ruger fan for life.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top