JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Look around, for some reason people are getting rid of these for cheap. The one gun I should not have gotten rid of would be my XDm. After shooting my M&P's I am super happy with the way they shoot especially compared to a Glock. From what I hear the U.S. Military is looking at the M&P's once again.
Glock is the one I will never own again, XDm is the one I will own again soon.

I have just read about and watched youtube videos on a fairly new company called FMK they currently have a 9mm and they look pretty good. They say 100% Made in the USA and have the Bill of Rights engraved on the slide.

I have just read about and watched youtube videos on a fairly new company called FMK they currently have a 9mm and they look pretty good. They say 100% Made in the USA and have the Bill of Rights engraved on the slide.

I actually seen one for sale sometime back for cheap. It looked pretty cool.

I've had guns from damn near every mfg. but If I wanted to buy US made I'd buy ruger wheel guns ( and .22's) and STI auto loaders I have had great luck with my GP5 (I know it's mostly made in slovakia) and I dig that STI gives us a different spin on the 1911 and not just charge $3500 bucks for a hand fitted version.

I will be willing to buy ruger now that the'll give us hi-caps and S&W now that they're a US company again.

I'll buy colt as soon as they get out of they're comfort zone and show me something different............ innovation is the American way

and I'll be more than willing to but a Keltec, diamondback, or Kahr if I need another Small gun

I vote Ruger, Mossberg, Inland, and Auto Ordnance. I have a 181 series Mini 14 and it is the best ever. The barrel has been beaten with a hammer and the whole thing has been well loved. It's awesome. I also have a .22 Mossberg m46bb rifle and it is dead accurate, an Inland M1 carbine from aug. 1944, and a Auto Ordnance US Army M1911A1.

Ithica is made 100% in the USA by Americans

Charter Arms is a 100% American company as well

And is S&W back to being USA? Between 1987 and 2001 Smith & Wesson was owned by the British engineering company Tomkins PLC.

I prefer guns made overseas.

Have you ever made a post that wasn't troll-like? None that I've seen.

Another vote for Ruger. Yes, they are investment cast, but it's out of quality material and done in a manner that allows them to rival, if not surpass, the strength of traditional forgings.

And Colt! And Smith and Wesson! And Kimber. (rifles, that is)

I wouldn't say casting rivals or surpasses forging, it never will as seen by problems with checkering/GS fitting etc and voids. But yeah of the castings out there those from Caspian have proven themselves as good quality

The XDs and the M&Ps are good guns....but w/o Glock those pistols would have never been. Gaston Glock was/is a trend setter. I don't have to like him, I just love to shoot his guns!

Glocks for American consumption are made in America.......they have been my number one choice of a pistol for 26 years now. I own many 1911s as well, of different mfg. love em all!

For revolvers...I like Smith and Wesson the best and Ruger right there with them now. My old Colt Python was a sweet gun....I sure wish I had that one back. It was a nickle plated 6" that I picked up used for $150 back in '76...with a complete action job. Never in my 45 years of shooting have I experienced a trigger as smooth as that one.

Another all Made in the USA pistols are the CPX-1 and CPX2 by SCCY Industries. I mention it 'cause no one in this forum has. The rumor is an ex Kel Tec engineer started this company. They only manufacture a couple of models, but they come with Lifetime Warranty that stays with the gun and not the owner. Check their website: SCCY Industries

I wouldn't say casting rivals or surpasses forging, it never will as seen by problems with checkering/GS fitting etc and voids.

Obviously there are different types of casting. The method that Ruger uses for it's firearm products is the same technology that Precision Castparts Corp uses on the turbines that it makes for jet engines. Not only are they investment cast (lost wax method) but are TCS (thermally controlled solidification). This is what's needed to make a cast part free of voids. Also, many high tech materials can not be forged, but have to be cast and the direction of the grain is easier to control in a casting process vs. forging. Not saying that Ruger uses the same alloys that PCC does, but they aren't using plain ol aluminum either! I'll see if I can dig up the testing of a Ruger (cast) bolt vs a competitors (forged) bolt. The Ruger lugs had a higher shear strength.

I understand that many people will never shake the stigma of a cast part, though.

If I remember correctly, Pine Tree Castings is the supplier of Caspian frames. Pine Tree is Ruger.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top