JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If there's been a whole bunch of discussion about the Century Arms AK47, I can't find it.

In a SHTF situation... Because a Mini 30 cannot be counted on to fire commie-bloc ammo while an AK thrives on it...I've been at least a little interested in the American made Century Arms AK47, C-39

Anybody have any real experience with these? And not just what you read in a magazine.;) I've read those articles too.:D

Thanks.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I own a Century C39 V2 (The milled, 100% American made version). I paid about $730 a few months ago. My opinion is that it's a very well built and finished AK. I've put about 200 rounds of WPA Military Classic through it- maybe 8 FTF / FTE's ? The Magpul magazines that came with it work fine for me and seem to be holding up well enough. Sights arrived pretty well dialed in and I was dinging the 10" gong within the first mag at 100 meters. If I had any complaint it's that the foregrip gets hot really quick these days :)

Last Edited:
I own a Century C39 V2 (The milled, 100% American made version). I paid about $730 a few months ago. My opinion is that it's a very well built and finished AK. I've put about 1200 rounds of WPA Military Classic through it- maybe 8 FTF / FTE's ? The Magpul magazines that came with it work fine for me and seem to be holding up well enough. Sights arrived pretty well dialed in and I was dinging the 10" gong within the first mag at 100 meters. If I had any complaint it's that the foregrip gets hot really quick these days :)

I saw these at Sportsmans just a couple days ago. Wooden stock and $699.

I've read articles which are all glowing, but were too much like an advertisement. I appreciate your real-life report.

WAYNO.

I saw these at Sportsmans just a couple days ago. Wooden stock and $699.

I've read articles which are all glowing, but were too much like an advertisement. I appreciate your real-life report.

WAYNO.

I'd seen some mixed reviews- most of the critiques coming in the form of what I would call aesthetics- no bayonet lug or cleaning rod for example. I have yet to see, or experience for myself, any functional issues.
$699 is the best price I've heard. Was it definitely a V2 ?

If I were in the market today I'd probably wait to see what the Kalashnikov Americans look like.

I'd seen some mixed reviews- most of the critiques coming in the form of what I would call aesthetics- no bayonet lug or cleaning rod for example. I have yet to see, or experience for myself, any functional issues.

If I were in the market today I'd probably wait to see what the Kalashnikov Americans look like.

I guess I don't know of it was definitely a V-2. I saw the price tag that said Century Arms and just assumed it was the C-39.

WAYNO.

If it is the century V2 I know where I'm headed tomorrow, I don't really need that new big safe anyway.

I guess I don't know of it was definitely a V-2. I saw the price tag that said Century Arms and just assumed it was the C-39.

WAYNO.

I'm going to guess that it was a regular C39- which can be had everywhere for $699. They've been on the market for a couple of years maybe? The V2 has a few tweaks most notably springs, barrel, finish and a pretty sweet trigger.

If there's been a whole bunch of discussion about the Century Arms AK47, I can't find it.

In a SHTF situation... Because a Mini 30 cannot be counted on to fire commie-bloc ammo while an AK thrives on it...I've been at least a little interested in the American made Century Arms AK47, C-39

Anybody have any real experience with these? And not just what you read in a magazine.;) I've read those articles too.:D

Thanks.

WAYNO.
What? You'd be well advised to go with what's common/endemic here, cartridge-wise.
Are you a dealer trying to still line your pocketses? lol (it's obvious)

I had a c39 sporter, the original one before the V2 came out. It was garbage in my opinion and I will NEVER deal with century again. The chamber was too tight and the spent shell
would get jammed, the gun would not eject once it got hot and the BCG would jam up..... oh after 10 rounds or so. A few times the rim was ripped off and I had to use a rod to extract the stuck shell.

I had cut the lower stock tang off because I was gonna install an aftermarket stock on the c39 sporter, so when I called century to tell them about the chamber and have them fix the barrel, as soon as they found out I cut off the lower stock tang, they used that as an excuse to void the warrenty. Ok I get it, but really? That is a BS excuse to use a cut tang to not fix your cappy barrel IMO.

So I will gladly pay more for a good quality AK. CAI can take their guns (ones they assambled, not imported) and shove them where the sun don't shine.

I shot the same ammo I shot in the sporter through my M10 and I didn't have a single problem..... so clearly the barrel in the C39 sporter had tighter tolerances and wasn't AK worthy. You don't build an AK like you build an AR!

Now... like I said earlier, if CAI imported the gun, like the Draco pistols, that I'm fine with because CAI didn't build it and screw it up.

Anyways I'm still annoyed by CAI and I can't recommend them. Just save your money and buy a good quality AK like an Arsenal. Forget about the C39s..... even if the V2 is good, their customer service will look for a way to ditch you if they can.... again my opinion.

I would buy a parts kit and a receiver barreled from PSA. The barreled receiver takes care of any skills associated with placing dimples or threaded in a barrel. I think it goes for 350? Then you can buy an american parts kit and voila; literally an American made ak for under 600.00. Other than that suggestion i would go with DDI. basic akm goes for 600~700 I believe. Not sure if ddi is completely american made parts, but I am for sure the barrel and receiver is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top