Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

American Idiots

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by LogicBomb, Jan 2, 2010.

1. LogicBomb

LogicBomb Grants Pass Active Member

2. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

Propaganda!

IMO, once they started flashing colorful and emotion inspiring images that didn't really go along with the story-line, it became obvious that one would need a sieve to filter out the facts.

3. w_houle

w_houle Lincolnville New Member

First image is Nero playing the lyre while Rome burned: I'll listen but not watch.
    Liberal claptrap rubbish:
    No WMDs
    Abu Ghraib
    American Concentration camps for muslems (The Siege?)
    Americentricism and not being critical of the war.
    Gitmo
    Corporatism
    Domestic surveillance
    Protests just can't happen anywhere.
    Elitism leading to slavery and imprisonment
    Just because you can point out some problems doesn't mean you have the answers.
    I was expecting to hear Tom Morello singing at some point:nuts:

4. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Yes...sad but true. Thanks Alex.

I have also succumed to the hypnotizing effect that sensationalist american sporting events elicit, but to engage in this passivity as an everyday pastime?

You can lead horse to water, my friend...

To those who are opening their eyes, I welcome you to the real world. To the rest...we will wait your arrival.

Respectfully,

Will :)

5. kerbyj

kerbyj Southern Oregon Member

That's an interesting comment Houle, because the guy who put this video has actually equally slammed both of the major parties as well as their mouthpieces in the media.

The reality is, what he is pointing out is that it's not a conservative vs. liberal, Republican vs. Democrat or Left vs. Right issue. The fact of the matter is, those things really don't exist.

6. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I agree! Both the Red Koolaide and the Blue Koolaide are poison so stop drinking it and start thinking for yourself before it is to late already...

7. kerbyj

Too true, NK. People need to stop paying attention to the mass media, educate themselves and start thinking for themselves.

Once people do this, what they will realize that this Red and Blue thing is a diversion. As one example, on camera, the Bushes and the Clintons fight like cats and dogs, but when they are out of the public eye, they are close friends, think pretty highly of each other and spend a lot of time together. Much the same way, when you look at the last 30 years worth of administrations, though the figurehead changes, the people in the background largely remain the same. It's little wonder that Obama tends to do some of the same things that Bush did, who did some of the same things that Clinton did, who did some of the same of the things that the elder Bush did. And on and on it goes.

The average person should really make it a point to study the clowns who advise these adminstrations. Read their words and explore their ideas/actions and then ask yourself if they really have your best interest in mind. The fact of the matter is, the average person will not like what they find once they go do this.

8. therifleman

therifleman kennewick Member

AH HA and I thought I was the only one with these views of our political system. Keep your eyes open and dont trust anyone and sooner or later they will come for the guns!

9. ajf1

ajf1 beaverton Member

corp. america is running this county, and the people need to take it back. the most watched cable news shows have been paid off to stress the corp.s views of whatever.
    alright I cant say anymore with out making the day bad. BUt we have turned in to a bunch of puppets for corp. America and we have lost a majority of our manufacturing resouces.

10. therifleman

therifleman kennewick Member

Yeah thats what happens when we all have to work for a living, some corporate giant says we gotta go to work every day. Too bad we all want so much for wages that the corps have to move out of the country and then sell back their stuff to us who dont have a job anymore. I wonder where this all leads to? Maybe we all work for Obamma

11. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

my take on this is that the government is giving us what we asked for, the american public is afraid of everything ( of course most on this forum are exluded, but we are in the minority at the moment) they yearn for a safe world at the cost of the right to defend themselves. We as americans have asked the government to protect us from all who aim to do us harm so we will not learn nor teach or children to see what immoral people can do.

I'll start with guns. this one is easy. Instead of wanting to learn about guns and survival skills. We have through our votes asked the government to resrict access to guns "for our saftey"

how about pay day loans? we have all but shut these places down because we as a society cannot be expected to read a contract and see immoral people at work.

same with balloon house loans, or our retirement, why do we still need social security are we not capable of learning about ira's and mutual funds or maybe just a savings account.

how about health care insurance plans. are we not capable of doing a little research and asking for what we want why does each state get to decide what is available?

Until we can be responsable for ourselves we we all be the sheeple and need big brother to take care of us.

rant over

12. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

That's what police say when they ask us to hand over our self defense handguns. As if by some weird magic we are automatically safe if they are armed, but everyone is unsafe if we are. Some in this forum actually stand up for that attitude. :sleep:

My take on the video is that it's pretty much spot on, we need a Constitutional authority to rise up and tell us when to start taking our country back. We can't just start shooting the paid minions of government who are just doing their jobs and don't have enough mental ability to see that they are part of the domestic enemies that are trying to destroy America.

13. kerbyj

Buick,

You're pretty close to spot on there.

In a lot of ways, they are doing what a loud majority has asked them to do.

But why is that loud majority asking for it? "It" being "forget our privacy, we want safety", it being "Guns are bad. Only the government needs guns", etc. 30 years ago, only the fringe elements thought this way.

Could it be, that those in charge have simply utilized the mass media to convince a majority that they should think this way?

Or as Aldous Huxley wrote in his forward to "Brave New World":

"A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude. To make them love it is the task assigned, in present-day totalitarian states, to ministries of propaganda, newspaper editors and schoolteachers."

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  14. LogicBomb

LogicBomb Grants Pass Active Member

AH! brave new world LOVE that book and should be required reading for everyone (with Animal farm, 1984, and the jungle)
    thats the thing....personally im MAD AS ****! and I know others are just as mad as I....why in the **** are we not in the streets? from the Liberals to the Conservatives. we can all agree on one thing. This country has NOT turned out in the way our founding fathers envisioned it.

there is a quote I cant remember who by but it stated "When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

15. kerbyj

Sinclair Lewis; but supposedly he borrowed it from Huey Long.

16. Hoss

Hoss Bend, Oregon New Member

deesvote.jpg