JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I guess American Guns is intended for NON gun owner/collectors/shooters. After the silly crap with the hand cannon thing. I mean its the back 14" of a T/C Hawkin rifle. HOW dangerous can it be. I can shoot my Hawkin with one hand (not that there is any reason to) He acts like because he has the fat guy stuff it into a Brass sleeve it is somehow now based on Medevil metalurgy and scarry dangerous. PLEASE

And does this husband and wife ever talk to each other like they like each other. Everything on the show is some kind of screaming match or competition.

And all the whinning about painting a 1911 Pink. gee's what gun shop in the country isn't interested in the 20% of the Market that are women now. How 1950's can you get DUDE.

And yes the Helio is getting old fast.

HOW dangerous can it be.
It isn't. All he wanted to do was to turn the flats off the octagon to insert it in the brass sleeve. Even without the sleeve it still had enough 'meat' to be safe to shoot. Heck, look at the barrel wall thickness of my .58 Springfield and it shoots 60 grains of BP ahead of a 525 grain conical all day long. At this point I consider the show mostly comedy. Yes I admit I will watch if it happens to be on when I take a break on the couch but that is about it. Part comedy, part Pawn Stars, part Sons of Guns and just about every other 'reality' show out there.

I lost respect well before that... Not that I still didnt watch, in fact Im watching the 1000yd AK right now... Yea its silly but its guns. Still have not checked out this new knock off show...

I felt the same way. First thought was is this Son of Guns or Saiga of Guns? Seems like they only work on AK platforms, then over charge the crap out of them.

The whole point to all 'Sporting' related shows (these days) is they are a very elaborate plan to take these sports away from the middle class where they were once solidly rooted to the upper class where they have attained a 'fashionable' fad status that sells all the high priced gear that goes along with it. A few examples - remember when fishing shows depicted mom, dad and kids enjoying the outdoors with modest boats and equipment? Now it is Bassmasters with 100k plus Rangers and pay for pounds of fish. Remember hunting shows where it was wall tents, modest RVs and 30-06s in the US? Now it's high priced shows about overseas guided hunts for exotic game, AAA lodging and custom guns. Remember the 'Showman Shooter' and other Saturday outdoor shows shows that depicted shooting sports with guns we could relate to? Now we have American Guns and SOG. I rest my case.

Alright after watching a few episodes of American guns I am quickly coming to the conclusion that this show is highly staged, goofy, and super exaggerated. Even the intro music is a bad '80 style theme. It was alot like the main song from team America. The whole pink guns bs drama was uninteresting to say the least. Honestly why was the store so surprised? I see pink guns at stores/shows/forums all the time

Perhaps we need a more real life reality gun show. The camera crew goes from gun shop to gun shop taking video of "a day in the life" of that particular gun store.

Oh ... never mind. It would be canceled after the first 3-4 episodes...

Showtime made six episodes of "Lock 'N Load" a couple years ago... wonder if there will be more? It seemed more focused on everyday people, not just the Uber-rich or Military/LE demographic.

<broken link removed>

That lock N load show looks cool. Might have to have a friend for it in the bowels of the BBS' groups.

As for American Guns? Ive watched 3 episodes and i cant figure it out. Who would pay 15k on a single action replica? And from a shop whos guys in the basement dont instill the slightest amount of confidence? The helio is silly, although there are obviously enough rich ranchers making deals with TV producers to let them fly up and buy some stuff. And If I was the guy with the engraved 50's i'd be asking for a refund for that big azz scratch the kid put in on camera....

NO please say it isn't so! Something on a TV show was faked?

Watched Zombie Apocalypse the other day and as the gal fired 10 times as many .50cal bullets as the belt held not a single round moved yet empty casings flew out of the receiver. A std Grenade went off and made a HUGE ball of flame with a small mushroom cloud of fire and smoke. The gal places a Katana type sword up to a zombies neck and darws it straight across his neck and it cuts his head completely off! Bull bubblegum

Watched Zombie Apocalypse the other day and as the gal fired 10 times as many .50cal bullets as the belt held not a single round moved yet empty casings flew out of the receiver. A std Grenade went off and made a HUGE ball of flame with a small mushroom cloud of fire and smoke. The gal places a Katana type sword up to a zombies neck and darws it straight across his neck and it cuts his head completely off! Bull bubblegum
So when are you going to get to the fake stuff?!?!?

And I thought I was the only one that noticed that 50 cal In the shopping cart not feed the ammo!

What a shop of idiots. I would hope its all fake because anyone who pays 10 grand to mount a couple of small pistols like that to a car is a Grade A moron. I could have made those mounting blocks with a hacksaw and hammer for alot less. Now if that whole contraption operated the saftey, racked the slide and did Tap Rack Bang drills, I might be impressed. I liked Sons of Guns handicap rifle setup better...

Last nights show, mount 10 barrels on a plywood box and some angle iron, $11,000, and then the girl that props her boobs up to show the world her parents raised her with no morals, needed a radiator for her jeep. Dad says, ok, if you can DCA her 1911, so she does with her boobs almost exploding her shirt, and instead her parents that wanted to teach her to pay for her own stuff in life, didn't settle for a $250 radiator, spent a few grand to over haul her Jeep. Hmmm, Im glad I didn't have parents like that or else I would be sitting here with fake boobs, still ugly and thinking I was going to find a wealthy woman to take care of me for the rest of my life. lol, these reality shows offer 5 minutes of laughs and 55 minutes of shaking your head.

I've kept up with the show and all I can think of is why the **** would anyone want to work for this guy? He has two modes; The Silent Stare of Incomprehension(tm) and I'm Yelling To Show You I Care(tm). The wife was probably cute in the 80s. The son isn't nearly as mean as he's goaded into acting. The daughter is, in fact, as vapid as she's portrayed.

Not to mention I'd never in my thrice cursed life allow a daughter of mine to be exploited like that in a TV show. Have some respect for your little girl, you lecherous bastard!

I tried to watch it for the first time last night. Lasted about 10 minutes and decided my time was better spent sleeping. Looks like something you would expect on MTV in 1994. It would be better if they could actually act and the gals were actually good looking.

Yes, about the “ 10 barrels on a plywood box for $11,000”. Well, Of course ! They used a trailer receiver and ‘drop hitch’ for a ‘quick release’.
Those thing’s don’t come cheap ya, know.
And ‘Yes” spending $1,440 for a helicopter ride to a $15,000 gun deal seems about right.
May be the girl needs a ‘lifted Jeep’. It appears she ran over a curb when she drove away! Perhaps I should not be too harsh on the 17 year old girl. Teen years can be tough, especially without good parental guidance.
Sure, Rich Wyatt doesn’t mind making money off a ‘bopper’ young girl.
“Not Confirmed” But I don’t think those two kids are his biological kids anyway.
Ya! We like the ‘Mom’ for the same reason(s). I think Rich was thinking with his hand on the wrong ‘Gun’. He has already been down an expensive ‘Divorce Road’ before.
With ‘unconfirmed’ history discovered about current wife Renee ( Renee C. Reid that is), They Just may deserve each other. Watch two ‘Cons’ scrapping for all the money being thrown their way. Things are going to get ‘Really Nasty’.
GEE, more great television viewing. sic.

Regards,
Bob

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews