Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

American guns: like sons of guns except with more peroxide bleached hair

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DinhRose, Oct 15, 2011.

1. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Anyone seen the new American guns show on national geographic channel...sorry I mean on "natgeo" as they're now known. It's like sons of guns except with a scantily clad daughter and wife plus some better dental work. It seems like gun culture is getting some positive shows behind it. I guess more mainstream shows not just those hunting show, most of which are basically a half hour long commercial for a firearm manufacturer anyhow.

I think the general public will now believe if they shoot at any target it will automatically burst into a gigantic fireball thanks to these shows. :bluelaugh:

2. NWGunner

NWGunner Salem Active Member

3. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the show. Seems like the actual deals made during the show are just re-hashed from the real life deals made earlier in the day. Since the show happens close to where I was raised up I have a preference to it over the Sons of Guns show.

4. DinhRose

Yeah I am always surprised at the prices at which they sell guns at? I think they sold a lever action .30-.30 for close to a grand. I know it's rehashed one guy who came in asking for a 1911 in .45 acp and swiftly bought it. That's like going to a car dealership asking for a red car and buying the first one they brought out

5. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I like this show better then Sons of Guns in that they deal with traditional firearms rather then some video gamers wet dream.

As to the Daughter and Mom well there was a recent thread here going on and on about some pretty gal working an ammo dealer at the local gun show so I guess the pretty gals is what WE WANT TO SEE.

As to the idea they sold a lever action 30-30 for a grand. yea so what. There is a lever action model 53 Winchester in the ads here for a grand. And once you get back past WWII Winchester Lever actions especially something besides a std model 94 carbine can get real spendy real fast. My Model 1895 is currently running about $1800-2000.00 on the market.

6. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

borrowedsig and (deleted member) like this.
  7. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it was money well spent lol

8. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

i really dislike sons of guns myself american guns is alot better show imho

9. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I gave the show a shot but I wont be giving it another any time soon.

This show just seemed to be the latest in the line of sleazy reality show ripoffs.

Just like Pawn stars has hardcore pawn and storage wars has storage hunters, sons of guns has american guns.

I dont have much interest in watching a mother and daughter prostitute themselves for their 15 seconds of fame. Even if I did, there's websites that specialize in it and they dont bother beating around the bush.

Now, if only sons of guns would forget about saiga for a season...

10. DinhRose

I actually enjoy these gun shows. More exposure is a good thing albeit a carbon copy of SOG. Better than the exposure on your nightly news about guns. Hopefully more about single action cowboy pistol and less about blowing up tannerite loaded trucks

bikejunkie and (deleted member) like this.
  11. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I'm wondering about a couple of posts that just vaporized,, anybody seen em? Interesting.

12. DinhRose

Tread lightly. I am not trying to have another one of my started threads deleted. Lol

13. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

A whole bunch more than the '45s' offered by Colt, Kimber, Springfield etc.

Gunner3456 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

I just watched the latest episode....Im wondering about the heat treating of the SAA frame? I wonder if they just forgot about it.....

15. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Actually, I've looked at the websites that specialize in that............. And beating around the bush is kinda the main reason you look at it, I thought............ budumpum-Ching...... LOL.

Also for what it's worth. Red Jacket just converts Saigas to pistol grip 922 compliance. They are not gunsmiths. They have proven that they CAN NOT build a gun from scratch. It blew up on them, if you remember. They didn't even know how to run their own cnc machine. They had to have a factory tech out, to run it. I know tards down the road that fold up receivers and make an AK from a parts kit. Luckily there is slop in the action by design.

I kinda lump Red Jacket in with the old Blue Sky Garand and Carbine importer. Or compare them to Century arms. They hammer a surplus parts kits together and sell a complete gun. New Saiga parts kit, vs 30 year old Romanian parts kit, same deal.

16. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I just finished my 1st episode and sorry to say I was not impressed. Still saw things blowing up - with some serious safety violations, a constantly irritated wife barking at her husband about money (Ala' daughter to dad in S.O.G.'s) who needs to stop taking fashion hints from 17 magazine and the father who should be ashamed of the way his wife and daughter dress. I have a daughter about the same age and would never let her dress that way - and she would not on her own anyway. Sorry - same pattern as S.O.G.'s with some skin thrown in.

17. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I watched it just this morning and I have to say it's a bit too...flashy? red-necky? It just looks like what everyone thinks a 'gun-owner' is. Meh.

Capn Jack and (deleted member) like this.
  18. repins05

repins05 OR Member

When my 16 year old daughter walks out of the house wearing nothing is when my body is buried 6 foot under. Sorry had to throw that in.

19. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I watched the first "American Guns" because I thought it was going to be about GUNS.
    Instead I get a combination PT Barnum / Skin Flick. This guy watched Burt Lancaster
    in "Rain Maker" too many times and the Lady's got their fashion tips from lil'Abner. I passed on the second show.:huh:
    "Red Jacket", I wish the old man would lighten up a bit, but at least they keep their cloths on.:thumbup:
    In most cases, though, I can find something more interesting in my garage than on
    the tube.;)

Jack...:cool:

20. DinhRose

I agree with Capn Jack. Will seems to have a bit of "maniac" in him with some of the things he has said to his employees. You can actually see the look of fear in their eyes. i guess some could say he's passionate and strives for perfection. Both of these are usually a good indicator of being a jerk.